Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

Assume what, that the police know what drugs he might have been using?

I assume they did a blood test.

You live in Thailand and you assume a lot of things.:stoner:

The case was "solved" very quickly.

There is no press about any blood screening.

They have more than one person saying he was drunk.
Also to add, like it or not, the Netherlands is rather associated with young people indulging in party drugs. 

Why even bother with a blood test when the case is "solved?"

Edited by Jingthing

57 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

If I had gone-back to Pimornpat's room, only to find-out it was a case of mistaken identity, I would have used the door pretty sharpish.  However, if I had found-out the following morning, I would have jumped!

The truth will never come-out.

RiP Dutchy

Yeah, perhaps that is you.

But we're talking here about a young man in this era from a very advanced European nation. I seriously doubt such a person would off himself out of homophobic/transphobic panic. However, a more common reaction of severely homophobic/transphobic people is violence, not suicide.

While announced as "solved" this still seems a mysterious death. 

22 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

BANGKOK — Police on Thursday said they will rule the death of a Dutch man who fell from a woman’s Bangkok condominium a suicide.

Authorities said Rik Salmans, 20, was distraught when he jumped from Pimornpat Korattana’s balcony Monday due to relationship problems.

A woman's condo? Wasn't it a ladyman? And the poor soul was 21, now 20? Suicide, right? Case closed. He's a kid. RIP.

I believe in Santa and in Prayut. 

Biggest number of people suiciding these days are kids !!

You live in Thailand and you assume a lot of things.:stoner:
The case was "solved" very quickly.
There is no press about any blood screening.
They have more than one person saying he was drunk.
Also to add, like it or not, the Netherlands is rather associated with young people indulging in party drugs. 
Why even bother with a blood test when the case is "solved?"

You assume a lot.

Why do you assume the police are inept?

Why do you assume a blood test was not done?

Why do you assume the ladyboy was lying?

Why do you assume every bit of information has been released.

I can think of any number of scenarios whereby this poor soul might kill himself, you are (apparently) not able to do that.

Why do you assume is HAS to be something other than suicide?
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You assume a lot.

Why do you assume the police are inept?

Why do you assume a blood test was not done?

Why do you assume the ladyboy was lying?

Why do you assume every bit of information has been released.

I can think of any number of scenarios whereby this poor soul might kill himself, you are (apparently) not able to do that.

I don't appreciate you obnoxiously twisting what I've posted.

I am NOT convinced by the conclusion based on the information given. 

It really does seem TOO QUICK. 

Please stop lying. That's a very sleazy posting game. Did I ever say it "HAS" to be something else other than suicide? You know I didn't.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't appreciate you obnoxiously twisting what I've posted.
I am NOT convinced by the conclusion based on the information given. 
It really does seem TOO QUICK. 
Please stop lying. That's a very sleazy posting game. Did I ever say it "HAS" to be something else other than suicide? You know I didn't.

What have lied about?

You seem to be comfortable enough twisting what I’ve posted and when you get called on it you play the victim.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What have lied about?

You seem to be comfortable enough twisting what I’ve posted and when you get called on it you play the victim.

Now you're denying it?

Come on now, MAN UP.

You said --

You know I said no such thing. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 4/30/2018 at 8:01 AM, Phaser said:

1. The author should use ‘she’ to describe the transgender woman (‘ladyboy’) not ‘he’. This is 2018 it’s bad enough TG girls in Thailand have no legal rights as in most developed countries.

You can't just put a wig on and become a different gender.  Thailand is not politically correct and that's a good thing.  He is a male, not a female.  We can be respectful without lying about people's genders.

Police rule it suicide.I just read an update from a Dutch newspaper.

The night before Rik died he had a phonecall with his dutch girlfriend,they broke up.

According to the ladyboy he went home with he had been crying all night and was still crying while in the apartment.

Riks Dutch friend said this is true.

Police rule it suicide.I just read an update from a Dutch newspaper.
The night before Rik died he had a phonecall with his dutch girlfriend,they broke up.
According to the ladyboy he went home with he had been crying all night and was still crying while in the apartment.
Riks Dutch friend said this is true.

No, it was almost surely an accident or murder. The guy was drunk, and climbed up on the condenser unit to look at the skyline and either slipped or (more likely) was pushed.

One of the reports says his footprint was found on the aircon unit. Any proper forensics team should be able to establish plenty from this - angle of footprint, lack of evidence of struggle etc. I think it would be more difficult to establish evidence of deliberate suicide as opposed to death by misadventure, but it certainly wraps up the case more tidily.

One of the reports says his footprint was found on the aircon unit. Any proper forensics team should be able to establish plenty from this - angle of footprint, lack of evidence of struggle etc. I think it would be more difficult to establish evidence of deliberate suicide as opposed to death by misadventure, but it certainly wraps up the case more tidily.

Yes, he climbed up on the condensing unit right before he was pushed...

19 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, he climbed up on the condensing unit right before he was pushed...

So, an opportunistic spur of the moment shove? Or are you implying he was induced up there in a hypnotic trance? 

still might have been a simple 'bumstothewall'

when he's realised his bitten off more than he could chew,

in doing a ladyboy on the rebound, after being dumped, and couldn't tackle the extra tackle

bumstothe wall... whoops! - no wallllllllll

On 5/1/2018 at 7:49 AM, markaoffy said:

When has a Thai ever been charged for pushing someone off the balcony? .. never! Because there are never real investigations! Only time is when there is huge publicity outside of the country and then the incompetence or even worse is exposed!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

He climbed on a generator and jumped or fell but I personally think he was drugged with some substance before that jump.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, JaVaCa said:

Strange that so many people fall from a window.

Defenestration hasn't been commonplace anywhere since the 17th century. Ironically though there was an incident a few decades ago in a well known hotel in Sukhumvit soi 4, where a ladyboy was thrown from a window, causing the locals to fear of the place being haunted to this day.

• Like 1