Hundreds gather near U.N. headquarters in Bangkok to protest against Thai military government

webfact

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

And you know this how?

Did the guy on the next bar stool tell you?

Do you even live in an urban or rural part of Thailand?

Sometimes you might wonder if they live here at all or just 5 minute know-it-all wonders. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Oh that old line again.  Nothing to contribute to a discussion, drop the go home line, wave your hands in the air and yell I win, I win.

you might want to read his earlier posts to understand why I said that, but otherwise I agree with you

3 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Happy to see this “finally”

I agree. But I am afraid that unless the demonstrations number hundreds and hundreds of thousands of protesters - preferably millions - they will not unseat the junta. Small-scale demonstrations will only invite an eventual crackdown by the military, and then a new cycle of oppression and repression will begin ...

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

It seems the tide has really turned against the junta fanbois like your good self.

:WPFflags:

I'm not a Junta fanboy as well you know. 

But nor am I a Shin clan fan like you.

But carry on in your deluded fantasy world if it keeps you happy.

PS - if you actually think, (something you really should try), you might realize that these protesters are not only protesting about the current government but also previous ones. They represent the sections of society who've been trampled on over and over again, lied to, made false promises and whose "rights" appear not existent whenever it suits whichever faction happens to be in power.

I salute them! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

PS - if you actually think, (something you really should try), you might realize that these protesters are not only protesting about the current government but also previous ones. They represent the sections of society who've been trampled on over and over again, lied to, made false promises and whose "rights" appear not existent whenever it suits whichever faction happens to be in power.

I salute them! 

Good try BB. Not impressed by your confession and your diversion. :passifier:

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Good try BB. Not impressed by your confession and your diversion. :passifier:

Eric, I couldn't really care less about whether you're impressed or not quite frankly.

But memories are short for some. And some are gullible enough to believe some of the crap spouted by the various players in this farce. 

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Hmm, looking down the list of the UN Security Council members, I don't see too many that will care since they aren't known for their respect of civil liberties either;

And when you consider China and Russia are permanent members too!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Hmm, looking down the list of the UN Security Council members, I don't see too many that will care since they aren't known for their respect of civil liberties either;

Got to be better in terms of respect of civil liberties than Thailand. Thailand lost out to Kazakhstan by a wide margin of votes for a seat. For all the trouble trying to get a seat, Prayut got a stinking letter from UN Human Right and a lecture on civil liberties. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I salute them! 

16 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Wonder how/if the protest leaders were elected :whistling:

An interesting combinationtion of posts!

Or have you fallen off your horse en route to Damascus - this Sunday is the feast of St Paul's conversion don't you know...

16 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

I only Expat here - but for me its now better then most times since 1990 under the current ruling. No complain?

Most times. But not 1992 and 2010 I presume?

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

I pay attention to history my dear junta lover, and have worked and lived in most countries in Asia.  It is only this one that likes to remind you your are a guest.  The question I would like to pose to you and any other junta lover is:  How good of a host is the Thai government ?  Terrible: Immigration hassles, crazy labor laws which hold back the country, invasive to one's privacy, tainting of Thai culture and a super wet blanket (dull). 

Most young back packers I have bumped into in Cambodia find it far more charming and fun that Thailand.  Bars stay open all night.  Alcohol is inexpensive and available 24/7.   The people are generally friendlier.

Vietnam offers multi entry business visa at much lower rate than Thailand.  Oh and it is fun there

When I send a parcel, only Thailand asks for a passport and only of foreigners.  Never have been asked for ID in China, Malaysia or any other Asian country.

Most people who come here are fantastic guests, even the Chinese everyone like to moan about, but the junta is not a good host.  

I find it very good here and I for me junta is a good host 

1.i am not a backpacker I live here over 14 years 

2. I don't care about bar's I not drinking but it is cheaper than Europa 

3. Fun for you is meaby not my kind of fun and Thailand is a beautiful country and friendly people too

4. I never have problems with my visa and sorry visa is cheap

5. What is your problem to show some I'd remember there are some criminal farangs here so good idea to check our I'd /passport 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

As long as you are happy, I guess it is okay.  Forget about universal suffrage, fun, economic opportunities for the middle and lower classes, free speech and personal privacy.  Your happy that is all that matters.  Other countries, including China,  do not check your papers before sending a parcel.  Why treat everyone like criminal ?  I forgot, because you are happy, so its okay.  The junta lovers usually have one thing in common, they only care about themselves.    Sad to see that some from "Europa" learned little of their own history of being bullied by autocracies.  The same things are happening here, but its okay, because they and you are happy.    Guessing you have had too much junta koolAid, but perhaps you should read this one day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ones_Who_Walk_Away_from_Omelas  

I care about my family and friends and sorry you feel as a criminal but for me it seems as you only care about yourself so meny of your guy's in here only complaining and say other countries are better so my question is why are you here 

P. S. I have sent meny times from post office I never show any I'd 

Just because some of us like junta better than red shirt we meaby care too 

And yes happiness is the key to good life but if you not happy try find out why and stop complaining all the time but meaby you struggle in your life but that's not mean we all need to struggle and sit complaining all the time 

Good luck to you 

On 02/05/2018 at 2:19 PM, yellowboat said:

First of all, at least 15 mill are under the age of 15 years old. 

Secondly :   Usually a revolution is caused by exploitation by the rich of the poor, famine, particular traditions and culture, economic and political decline, and changes in institutions.   

You seem to have as little knowledge of history as the present government. 

Good at maths though 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

P. S. I have sent meny times from post office I never show any I'd 

I think you are lying or just a bully. The ID is a policy that the counter staffs need to record in their data base before they can serve you. I do that all the time producing my ID and often when I forget, I will be reminded by the counter staff. 

• Like 2