What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

60 Days in

I am enjoying this one...it is up to episode 6

'Sheriff Jamey Noel wants to end crime and corruption at Clark County Jail, and he's enlisting members of the public to help. Noel's unprecedented program involves seven law-abiding citizens living among the facility's general population for 60 days without officers, fellow inmates, or staff knowing the secret. Filmed around the clock, A&E Network's hourlong docuseries provides a warts-and-all view of life behind bars, as the volunteers adapt to unfamiliar and terrifying surroundings.'

Enjoying this also. Although with the constant repetition of scenes, no doubt due to the silly amount of advert breaks in the US, I think the BBC could have done this better with 2 one hour specials or less.

Dirty Grandpa was funny. But the one i watch every year and still laugh is Bad Santa.

And i have read that they are making a second one!! Yesssss!!

The Five - i was mesmerised by the first two episodes, and to hear that next week there will be another two episodes just made my day.

The Durrells - what a wonderful feel good show. And, just brought back memories of reading the book as a teenager - My Family and other Animals.

• Like 2

The Five....new series on sky based on a story by harlan coben.

Kinda like sleepers with a twist....dont know what to make of it....episode 1 was not promising.

Thought it was a bit Implausible at times, but still, plenty of action and quite enjoyable I thought.

A 10 part series with the first 2 episodes available now.

Summary: Four people who are haunted by the disappearance of their friend Jesse, who vanished when they were children.

However, they are brought back together 20 years later when Jesse’s DNA is found at a crime scene and not he is not the victim.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Off the entertainment reservation for a second, I just watched a UK Ch4 documentary; 'What British Muslims Really Think'.

Rather terrifying and disturbing, and ifs results and conclusions are true, does not bode well for a multicultural Britain, and at least in my experience visiting the UK & Europe, it probably means it's doubly worse on the continent.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/what-british-muslims-really-think

Off the entertainment reservation for a second, I just watched a UK Ch4 documentary; 'What British Muslims Really Think'.

Rather terrifying and disturbing, and ifs results and conclusions are true, does not bode well for a multicultural Britain, and at least in my experience visiting the UK & Europe, it probably means it's doubly worse on the continent.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/what-british-muslims-really-think

At one time in my old home town i had to do buisness with Muslims one who i was quite "friendly" with , it was him that warned me never to trust a Muslim ,as a non believer you are nothing and if we swindle you it means nothing to us ,there is only one faith and even we are not to close to each other ,so your lot are as nothing , he was spot on , it has only got worse , virtually every one i dealt with was dishonest and you had to watch your back , nothing has changed except for the worse .

The Durrells, a remake of 'My family and other animals' by Gerald Durrell has just been commissioned for a 2nd series. The current series from ITV is 3 episodes into it's run.I'm enjoying it but it's not yet as good as the 80's version and lacks the iconic theme tune that made everyone want to go to Corfu:)

I suspect this will get better once the characters have bedded in.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Does anyone still have access to KAT? I get a message saying it's a web forgery and it's been blocked on both Chrome and Firefox.

It's still accessible... I accessed it via Chrome this morning.

When the red Security Error page appears, click details, then click visit this unsafe site.

I also can't access the KAT site I had bookmarked. Can a kind soul PM me a KAT site that works?

Preferable a site with magnet links.

Does anyone still have access to KAT? I get a message saying it's a web forgery and it's been blocked on both Chrome and Firefox.

It's still accessible... I accessed it via Chrome this morning.

When the red Security Error page appears, click details, then click visit this unsafe site.

I also can't access the KAT site I had bookmarked. Can a kind soul PM me a KAT site that works?

Preferable a site with magnet links.

PM sent.

• Like 1

Quite a few movies starting tomorrow in Thai cinemas

Colonia

Patong Girl

Hardcore Henry

Detective Chinatown

The Wave

The Race (about Jesse owens)

Green Room

Before I wake

http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/en/movies/comingsoon

I might go see The Race tomorrow. I'll save Patong Girl and Detective Chinatown for Thai company

I watched The Wave a coupe of months back. A fairly decent disaster movie.

• Like 1

Saw a great Danish film called The Inheritance (Arven)….not easy to get on torrents….unless you sign up to eutorrents.to

All about the reluctant heir to a family business and how his father's death pushes him in directions he initially resists.

I just watched a 3 parter from some years ago,called shooting the past,with Timothy Spall,Emilia Fox, Lindsay Duncan, I loved it ,you may or may not ,its set in a picture vault that is about to be broken up ,sounds boring,but somehow it was not in the least,its in the usual places

For those of you who have been disappointed with Better Call Saul, you might give the latest episode, Ep. 9, a try to see if it can win you over.

I enjoyed the Billions finale quite a bit as well. I hate waiting forever for these shows to resume.

Huhhh…was that the finale?

Certainly didn't have any sense of denouement?

Ah well….guess they are going to stretch this to 5 seasons.

Thank goodness that series has finished, you feel you have to watch due to BB, only decent parts was when "Mike" was featured

For those of you who have been disappointed with Better Call Saul, you might give the latest episode, Ep. 9, a try to see if it can win you over.

I enjoyed the Billions finale quite a bit as well. I hate waiting forever for these shows to resume.

Huhhh…was that the finale?

Certainly didn't have any sense of denouement?

Ah well….guess they are going to stretch this to 5 seasons.

Thank goodness that series has finished, you feel you have to watch due to BB, only decent parts was when "Mike" was featured

You mean you didn't like the episode titled "Where the $#@* is Donny"?

Saw a great Danish film called The Inheritance (Arven)….not easy to get on torrents….unless you sign up to eutorrents.to

All about the reluctant heir to a family business and how his father's death pushes him in directions he initially resists.

Season 1 of Arven was good, but they lost a bit of focus in the shorter season 2.

Can you find more European material on eutorrents.to than the bay or KAT?

Is it worth signing up?

Season 1 of Arven was good, but they lost a bit of focus in the shorter season 2.

Is it worth signing up?

I think your referring to Arvingerne, which is a series also known as The Legacy…that has 2 seasons so far I think.

Im talking about Arven, which is a regular 11/2 hr film.

But yea…eutorrents is amazing….I don't know if they take new signups but definitely the home of some great and esoteric foreign films. Way more than the usual sources and arranged by country.

They do need you to seed what you leech though….too many hit and runs are frowned upon.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Is it worth signing up?

I think your referring to Arvingerne, which is a series also known as The Legacy…that has 2 seasons so far I think.

Im talking about Arven, which is a regular 11/2 hr film.

But yea…eutorrents is amazing….I don't know if they take new signups but definitely the home of some great and esoteric foreign films. Way more than the usual sources and arranged by country.

They do need you to seed what you leech though….too many hit and runs are frowned upon.

My bad, you are right.

"Arven" was the second of Per Fly's trilogy about the Danish society. The best was by far the first "The Bench" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245027/?ref_=tt_rec_tti).

Watching season 2 of Happy Valley on netflix. I really enjoyed the first season and this season looks just as good. Also saw on csila facebook that there is a documentary on koh tao showing on channel 4 video on demand, so I shall check that out over the weekend. "Murder in Paradise" it's called. I saw the one that came out on channel news asia about 2 months back, hope this new one sheds more light on the case.

Anybody watching "Better call Saul"?

So far I don't think it lives up to Breaking Bad.

Seems like an endless pile of loose threads...Mike's story, Kim's story, Chuck and his electric phobia, etc.

I keep waiting for the show to start! Jimmy becomes Saul, teams with Mike, gets down to biz. Maybe we get to see the rise of Los Pollos Hermanos? Get on with it, please.

We got another season or so before that starts I suppose. Has a lot of potential but will need some great scripting to avoid a flop as the concept here isn't nearly as compelling as Breaking Bad's. Maybe they're hoping that a massing of background interest will carry it.

Still, I'm liking what we have, such as it is, look forward to watching the latest episode every week.

I am really enjoying every show to date so far. It is really showing and developing toward what the end product was. We can see how Mike is being pushed to become a hit man, how Jimmy was just a crook with showmanship at heart and how everything is merging slowly into the drug scene. At some point we are going to see everyone break and that is what I am looking forward too...

I'm guessing a tragedy to Kim is going to be the impetus for Jimmy/Saul's change.