What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

5 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Hans of God. Disappointed, to slow n dont like God Squad stuff, Gime Sons of Anarchy.:post-4641-1156693976:

Not about God Squad, it would have lost me if it was. It's about a delusional judge who starts hearing voices and going crazy, but it's not for everyone. I like a series with a bit of depth, but that's me.

On 5/3/2560 at 5:17 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

The Founder (2016)

This drama tells the true story of how Ray Kroc, a salesman from Illinois, met Mac and Dick McDonald, who were running a burger operation in 1950s Southern California. Kroc was impressed by the brothers' speedy system of making the food and saw franchise potential. He maneuvered himself into a position to be able to pull the company from the brothers and create a billion-dollar empire.

A good movie that could have been a little longer. When Kroc buys out the Mcdonald brothers the movie seems to fast forward and finish to quick. I wanted to see the rise of Ray Kroc into a Billionare. I guess that will be in the sequel.

20160421165104-michael-keaton-the-founder.jpeg

Really enjoyed this one. Thanks for the tip.

Not about God Squad, it would have lost me if it was. It's about a delusional judge who starts hearing voices and going crazy, but it's not for everyone. I like a series with a bit of depth, but that's me.

Did you not notice that Congregation of Sheep lead by the 2 con artists.,that put me right off .Reminded me of the Truth too much...[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Did you not notice that Congregation of Sheep lead by the 2 con artists.,that put me right off .Reminded me of the Truth too much...emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That only takes up a small part of the series, but hey, it's not for everybody. Some people love Game of Thrones, I couldn't get through 15 minutes of it. Different strokes etc.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2017 at 1:53 PM, evadgib said:

The Replacement : a three part phycological thriller from the beeb starring Vicky McClure concludes tomorrow. Some may need subtitles as its set in Scotland.

Episode 1 was very enjoyable this morning.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6410708/

Loved the series until the end , who was the moron who wrote the ending?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, i claudius said:

The whole thing was pretty silly when you look at it. I suffered through the three episodes but would have given up if it had gone on any longer.

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Re-watching a final episode can sometimes reveal something missing at the first attempt but I agree it baffled me too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The superhero genre is being done to death.

I tend to agree... what with all the Marvel and DC Comics offerings over recent years but these characters are more antiheroes rather than superheroes.

Personally, I found it a lot of fun... and Harley and Joker in particular had characters that had some depth.

I'd watch it again.

On 13/3/2560 at 1:40 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

This is interesting:

Somebody has edited the 62 hours of Breaking Bad down into a 2 hour movie .

So, if you're like me and haven't got 62 hours to spare give it a try !

Thanks for the tip. It is a very diluted version of the emotional roller coaster the full Breaking Bad series is, but very enjoyable to watch. It is available on TPB now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

I tend to agree... what with all the Marvel and DC Comics offerings over recent years but these characters are more antiheroes rather than superheroes.

Personally, I found it a lot of fun... and Harley and Joker in particular had characters that had some depth.

I'd watch it again.

I couldn't watch it once, about 15 minutes was more than enough of it's silliness. The only decent superhero movie I've watched recently is Dead Pool, great special effects and very funny dialogue.

• Like 1

Just watched Batman versus Superman. 3 hours it was. Very entertaining and really enjoyed it. I wish I had gone to the cinema to watch it. The only thing that was missing in the 3 hour epic was a decent soundtrack. Nothing beats the original Superman theme. All this movie had was Cloverfield movie music.

15 hours ago, giddyup said:

The superhero genre is being done to death.

I don't like many of them, but Marvel's Iron Fists entertains the hell out of me and not a lot of superhero stuff or uniforms/suits - at least so far. The hero is a great martial artist who knows "Iron Fist" Kung-foo. In the TV series, his fist starts glowing, but there really is supposed to be something like this based on concentrating "chi" in one's hands for a powerful punch. The PC critics ripped this apart, because the main character is a white guy, but I thought it was fun. Some hot chicks in it too.

Jessica-Henwick-Iron-Fist.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Was meant to be a humorous comment to Wilsonandson's post but backfired ☹️

Many times ☹️

You know you only have to hit the Submit Reply button once?

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Was meant to be a humorous comment to Wilsonandson's post but backfired ☹️

Many times ☹️

Edit: is there only me having multiple post issues ?

No, another regular poster on the Thai language forum  has the same problem. Can't give likes today, also. Either the system's having problems or TV has become cold-hearted.

Never mind, I'm going back to the UK for 10 days next month. Hopefully the sheds at Heathrow are nice.

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

No, another regular poster on the Thai language forum  has the same problem. Can't give likes today, also. Either the system's having problems or TV has become cold-hearted.

Never mind, I'm going back to the UK for 10 days next month. Hopefully the sheds at Heathrow are nice.

I can quote on Thaivisa.com but not "like " !

On the Connect app just gives multiple posts !!

Not sure what is occurring !