What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Have y'all been watching ATLANTA?

Season One was fresh and great.

Season Two is another level.

It feels like it's trying to be high art and I think it's succeeding.

But it's not a feel good show at all.

I find it makes me feel uncomfortable and disoriented. I've heard it being called surreal. The last two episodes, the German party and the barber shop runaround great examples.

In any case, you've been warned or tipped, as you wish.

Conspiracy Files: Murder in Washington

In July 2016, Seth Rich, a young staffer working for the Democrats, was shot in the back in a Washington street at 4am. The police said it was a robbery but nothing was stolen - his watch, phone and wallet were found with him.  Within weeks of his death, stories emerged that Rich was behind the Wikileaks leak of thousands of damaging internal emails detailing the inner workings of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's campaign - and that his murder was no random robbery. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09yj7rm

Ordeal by Innocence

Three part adaptation of Ordeal by Innocence, It’s an Agee Christie set in the late 50s – History is ,

Wealthy philanthropist family (money all from the mother) adopt 5 children all of them a little….odd. Mother gets murdered Jack one of the sons gets jailed.   It starts at present day when the now rich father is about to remarry, A person arrives saying that he was with Jack at the time of murder……….so the usual Christie “who done it”…3 part BBC started last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6118426/ 

Handy little section on IMDb telling you which TV series have been renewed and which have been canceled.

Handy if your looking for new content !

I've discovered Corporate and Happy, 2 comedies which according to IMDb are worth a punt !!

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I sampled it and just couldn't. Dress making? Get me outta there.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I persevered, coz Day-Lewis was very convincing, kept hoping it would get better.

It was, as I hinted earlier, a load of bollerques.

Just binge watched Vice Principals !!
Had watched series 1 as it was being released but decided to watch it again with series 2 on top !!
Excellent series ( IMO ) , shame they didn’t continue on with another but according to Danny it was a movie that they split up for a series and had run it’s course.
Danny McBride can do no wrong in my book !

• Like 1

In the Long Run - this one is more charming than hilarious.

The first 2 episodes still had their moments.

Easy to watch at only about 20 minutes per show.

Has a great soundtrack.

Summary: The Easmon family living in London in 1985 sees their quiet life disrupted when their relative from Sierra Leone moves in.

• Like 1

In the Long Run - this one is more charming than hilarious.
The first 2 episodes still had their moments.

Easy to watch at only about 20 minutes per show.

Has a great soundtrack.

Summary: The Easmon family living in London in 1985 sees their quiet life disrupted when their relative from Sierra Leone moves in.

Looks good, see Bill Bailey is in it too which is a plus IMO.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Um. Why? The reviews are hilarious.

I wasted 2 hours watching Dunkirk, so could be interesting to see how Putin try to spin, twist and bend history in his corner of the world.

I have lived and worked 2 years in Russia, so I kind of understand how Russia ticks.

• Like 1

I wasted 2 hours watching Dunkirk, so could be interesting to see how Putin try to spin, twist and bend history in his corner of the world.
I have lived and worked 2 years in Russia, so I kind of understand how Russia ticks.
I loved Dunkirk.really good movie

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Great!
Then let me know what you think of My Joy.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 02/04/2018 at 2:04 PM, mogandave said:

Just saw “Ready Player One” in 4DX at Paragon with the kid.

Movie was much better than I expected, but I had forgotten how much I hate the 4DX...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It's on Captain Sparrows website. Looking forward to watching it too!

On 27/03/2018 at 10:25 PM, Will27 said:

Nice call.

Wasn't too sure if I would enjoy this one but it's really good so far.

I didn't know anything about this cult until I watched this. Great documentary series that just shows you how easy it is to brainwash people. Theres everything in this series, sex, scandal, disbelief, it is a real awakening. Unbelievable that you have to question you own religious beliefs. I mean was Jesus like this guru, is that all religion is, brainwashing. Gosh what an entertaining show and I've only watched one episode with 5 more hours of this intriging historic insight to go.

Will, you da man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I didn't know anything about this cult until I watched this. Great documentary series that just shows you how easy it is to brainwash people. Theres everything in this series, sex, scandal, disbelief, it is a real awakening. Unbelievable that you have to question you own religious beliefs. I mean was Jesus like this guru, is that all religion is, brainwashing. Gosh what an entertaining show and I've only watched one episode with 5 more hours of this intriging historic insight to go.

Will, you da man!

Yep, I reckon it's a fantastic series.

I knew a bit about the Rajneeshees but this series shows so much more.

Ma Anand Sheela made quite a splash in Australia:tongue:

• Haha 1