Swiss man, 71, falls to his death from eighth floor

webfact

Swiss man, 71, falls to his death from eighth floor

By The Nation

9b0b314ccb8ad83cc60547cfe48d4044.jpeg

A 71-year-old Swiss man is suspected to have jumped to his death from the eighth floor of an apartment building in Bangkok on Sunday.

The body of Daniel Scharer was found next to a Toyota Camry in the parking lot of the building. 

Police said Scharer had lived alone in the apartment building for four years and might have developed serious depression. The Swiss man was not known to have had any job. 

His room was on the eighth floor of the building. There were no signs off a fight or struggle in the room. But the window was open.

His body fell on the Toyota Camry, causing damage to the vehicle, before rolling onto the ground. 

Police said his body would be sent for an autopsy and an investigation would continue to determine the exact cause of his death. 

The Swiss embassy in Bangkok would be informed of the incident.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344711

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-07

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

1. You can hurt somone pshysical

2. You can hurt somone emotionally

3. You can damage property

4. You tie up resourches

5. There is solutions to your problems

I would agree except that your option "5. There is solutions to your problems" should always be number one option..

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Then I will say, if you want to kill yourselves, do not jump, there is better options! 

Very few men do this is affect. Most have been thinking weeks, months even years before they decide to do so! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rossd said:

I finished my last contract in Thailand on the 31st December at which time I was 71. Now at 72 I still have my work permit and have been getting many offers of work as a Consultant both in Thailand and overseas. It helps of course that I (my wife) runs a limited company that employs me to provide Contract Management Services to others.

Hmm

Is she looking for additional old expats?

work.jpg

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I would call you paranoid, people kill themselves more often then that they are pushed murdered. 

I agree there are plenty of suicides, but disagree many are jumping from balconies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Then I will say, if you want to kill yourselves, do not jump, there is better options! 

Very few men do this is affect. Most have been thinking weeks, months even years before they decide to do so! 

Were did you obtain this information?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I agree there are plenty of suicides, but disagree many are jumping from balconies.

I used to jump from balconies, rooftops, antennas, bridges, and cliffs!

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Just logic, there are always more suicides then murders in a country so it stands to reason most suicides are just that suicides. I certainly would not jump from a flat but for some its an easy option. Its (if you go high enough) guaranteed your dead.... no way to change your mind pretty effective. 

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

There's pretty much at least one reported every day, and maybe a lot that go unreported.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Just logic, there are always more suicides then murders in a country so it stands to reason most suicides are just that suicides. I certainly would not jump from a flat but for some its an easy option. Its (if you go high enough) guaranteed your dead.... no way to change your mind pretty effective. 

Using logic,

Outside Thailand few kill themselves by jumping off balconies, usually sleeping pills.

It seems suspicious it's so popular with foreigners here, and especially in Pattaya.

• Like 2