Error 520

phetphet

the other day it wasnt too bad but now its that bad now I have to leave the site for a while then go back and it just keeps happening, it has never been this bad before, so much for it being over. Really have to wonder if the owners are trying to save money and have down graded the service, its getting ridiculous the amount of times it now shuts the pages down, your lucky if you can read one post before it shuts the page down

Edited by seajae

Maybe we can start our own forum , no ads, just a public forum that will load pages under a second.

It's 2018 you know.  I used to moderate a forum back in 2001 , it was a lot faster than this. Even with analog modem connection. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem complaining. Just a suggestion not to bother since management is aware of the problem but it is out of their hands until the supplier comes up with a fix.

Myself I would read the first few posts on the topic and notice it was being taken care of and not bother to post the same thing others had posted already.

Joe , that's the approach I took last Monday when you told us everything was in hand. You would forgive me why a week later with no explanation from tech, only a word by your good self that I am not filled with confidence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YouYouYou said:

Last week error 502 or 520 something like that and now today as above 522. Gone to pot since all those ott ads added. Slow loads, miss clicks cos of the ads still loading ...now this. Getting to the point of unuseable. Pls reconfigure your layout and cut the ads down.

It is all back to normal my end.....5170.gif.9a7e9cf07d316646017681d8112c814f.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mstevens said:

I can't shake the feeling that when George was in charge of ThaiVisa he would have communicated better with users about what is going on and explained things in a way that may have helped users understand what the problem was and what the timeframe was for it to be fixed.  The way things are now is an advertisement for how NOT to treat your users.

Yes, but now instead, we get columns about surveys on the share of farangs in Thailand who have had or considered a sexual encounter with a ladyboy.

I'd consider it a fair tradeoff -- a dysfunctional/broken forum site in exchange for ladyboy columns.

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Trans me ole mate, dont speak too soon, last week we were told it should now be over, and it just got worse.

I'm keeping my trap firmly shut at this time.

• Haha 2

I think that for tech support they are relying on those hoardes of Indians descending on Pattaya. However they are not here for that, rather for bobs and vagene. 

It is pretty poor in this day and age that a website can't be kept running properly 24/7. When in does need to be down just broadcast a message to all members advising them.

Why so different results?

I have poked through a dozen or more threads for an hour without any glitch and quite fast.

Is it relevant that yesterday I signed out and cleared all history/cache/cookies?

Edited by KhunBENQ