New top traffic cop aims to tackle Pattaya congestion

Rimmer

New top traffic cop aims to tackle Pattaya congestion

image.png
PATTAYA:--Pattaya’s new traffic police commander plans to deploy more officers to school zones in a bid to reduce congestion on city streets.

Pol. Maj. Arut Supanon said in a May 19 interview he plans to have traffic cops start working 30 minutes earlier – at 6:30 a.m. – so they are on the job around schools when the morning rush hits.

Pattaya’s many schools are a major chokepoint for morning and afternoon traffic and, with more opening soon, more needs to be done to control the flow of cars and motorbikes around them, Arut said.

“Pattaya’s current problems all come down to drivers who don’t obey the rules,” Arut said. “In addition to Thai residents, many foreign visitors and expats who are not familiar with Thailand’s traffic laws often hold up others.”

He plans to redeploy officers to the most congested areas, meet with school management to enlist their help in controlling traffic, create specific drop-off/pickup zones at schools, and ensure his officers are strictly enforcing all the rules.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/new-top-traffic-cop-aims-tackle-pattaya-congestion-210902

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-25
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Or, law enforcement, who don't properly punish those that don't obey the rules ?

That is common sense......unfortunately it does not apply here :whistling:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sn1per said:

Simple solution..... put the traffic lights on auto

Easily done in one fowl swoop. The traffic would flow so much better not having to wait for empty roads!!!

Sensors in the road will drastically change the ever increasing traffic flow issues.

Let's pray for that day ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NormanW said:

Easily done in one fowl swoop. The traffic would flow so much better not having to wait for empty roads!!!

Sensors in the road will drastically change the ever increasing traffic flow issues.

Let's pray for that day ?

I was thinking more of the traffic controllers who leave each light on green for 10 minutes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Or, law enforcement, who don't properly punish those that don't obey the rules ?

Sure they do, selectively. When a falang is driving without a helmet or has stopped his motorbike one meter too far beyond the barely visible white road marking in the traffic lights, the Pattaya traffic police do excellent job.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smtsetup said:

Sure they do, selectively. When a falang is driving without a helmet or has stopped his motorbike one meter too far beyond the barely visible white road marking in the traffic lights, the Pattaya traffic police do excellent job.

Never seen that.

The ticketing for one meter over I mean.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Pattaya’s current problems all come down to drivers who don’t obey the rules,” Arut said. “In addition to Thai residents, many foreign visitors and expats who are not familiar with Thailand’s traffic laws often hold up others.”

Yes Thai people never drive wrong only foreigners and expats 

I driving every day and it is dangerous because of Thai 

but yes meny expats and ruski driving as Thai too

But I think he forgets the number of deaths cause by Thai 

But OK always easy to blame other than Thai 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Never seen that.

It's quite difficult to see everything,maybe you were looking

the other way.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Never seen that.

I remember reading several posts in a couple of forums where foreigners were done for just having the wheel over the white line - let alone a meter.........

• Like 1

yes I agree the old broken down smoke spewing tour bus is pattaya's #1 hazard...replace all inner city tour buses with clean, smaller,quiet buses driven by educated responsible respectful drivers..then start on the loud scooters driven by the young men in Thailand...lets make pattaya great again...

• Like 1

firstly the written traffic law in thailand is the same as in falangland,

just the thai police temper with it a bit to make a buck.

secondly the main issue is the parking on roads,

when an entire lane is put to use as parking slot instead of driving lane.

the second biggest problem is way too many cars,

make it expensive to drive car in pattaya city

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

and ensure his officers are strictly enforcing all the rules.

A pipe dream.  I could free up scores of empty spaces within a day: Tow away all meterless taximeters sitting around; remove all clothes drying racks (after the hours of darkness); remove illegal cones placed by businesses in front of their premises.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 5:02 AM, Rimmer said:

He plans to redeploy officers to the most congested areas, meet with school management to enlist their help in controlling traffic, create specific drop-off/pickup zones at schools, and ensure his officers are strictly enforcing all the rules

specific drop-off/pickup zones did they not try that with the Baht Buses... :cheesy:

Short of running a few of these 24/7 

car-crusher.jpg.862e4a51f3cb6c7d1d243f0a79f9e2c7.jpg

he will be just another Big Joke...