Living in a quiet Issan village.

colinneil

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do like some variety and change as well  , sometimes I go to the 7/11 a bit further away in the other direction to buy my Chang .

Although its a bit disappointing when I go all the way to the other shop and the same girls are working there from my normal shop

i need at least 4 7/11 within walking distance to feel satisfied even if they do rotate the staff to different people most days also a change of visit time can show up new people

6 is better plus a family mart and tesco express  or two

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

. And if you know how they live you can't blame them for. 

I live on the outskirts of a village and truly feel sorry for their way of life in a lot of respects - its tough!

The kids are in school at 3 years old being brainwashed to be the next lot of wage slaves so the "elite" families can continue to live their lives in the manner they have become accustomed to thanks to the minimum wage workers they employ! Whiskey & drugs are a temporary refuge, if they feel like crap the next day it don't matter, there going to feel the same way anyway!

The reality is, the same system is in place all around the world, but its pretty dam brutal here! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

The rape of minors is incredible, while villagers seem to be afraid to treat HIV/AIDS victims. I've seen uncles and grandfathers I wouldn't trust one minute. 

I know a woman who never washed her HIV/Aids infected daughter because she thought that she'd get infected. The poor girl died in circumstances I don't want to talk about.

Another woman, who's married to a Japanese guy was brought back to the village to die. I always visited her and tried to give her the feeling that she's not alone, but Thais don't seem to understand that. 

But all villages have the same rules, not talking about something where anybody could lose face. A girl losing her virginity through her uncle, dad, granddad, etc.. is mostly unreported and they give birth to a child that shouldn't be there first place. 

I'm not kidding now. 

If it is unreported how did you find out about it? 

• Haha 1

Not being funny but this is apparently normal in Thailand.

Things that I know:

- wife's aunt's neighbour was a drunk fellow, pissed some other neighbours off, one day he got shot and died

- village arguments near my mother-in-law's village ended in bullet in head and body

- guy dead with bullets in his body in the street where I lived (he repeatedly complained about the local disco club'snoise / that was actually built illegally on a public land

ET CETERA

I could tell you more and more of these sort of stories

Wake up, you live in Thailand

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That isn't my Thailand, it's your nightmare experience not mine.

Hmm, why is it a nightmare?

I am more than happy to invite you to my wife's family and talk about these things.

You could see whether it is my nightmare or not. No hard feelings.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

I posted about this murder to make people aware how bad the drug thing is getting here.

Not to start a war of words... My village is more violent than yours, there is no need for it.

Th murderer told the police the argument started over a packet of mama noodles.

The dead man refused to share, so he got attacked and killed.

Wait wait wait!!!!! I am not generating a war here. One of your follower told me off and I had only defended myself. 

I understand what is happening in your village as I have gone through all this.

I am not your enemy mate. I just tried to explain one of these geezers that the experience you had gone through is rather common in Thailand. I did not disparage you nor did I try to say anything negative about you.

Why are you all aggressive on this forum?? Seriously?

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

You shouldn't tar everywhere with the same brush, of course there are bad places but that's just the same anywhere be it the UK , Germany or Thailand. In my village there is some poverty, little jealousies, arguments etc. that's a normal part of life, there are a few who the villagers describe as 'bad people' but don't go into detail, they are generally shunned. I have never seen any of the horrors described here. My wife tells me that 30 years ago our village had a bad reputation for trouble makers but then the village temple got an abbot with fire in his belly and everything changed for the better and has remained so. The temple plays a central role in village life here as does the puu yai and between the two of them they keep a lid on things. About 3 years ago our puu yai was voted the best in the province and was given, of all things, a gun as a prize. 

Well thanks for the story. I am not a bad guy here just the one who is trying to tell REAL stories. I am sorry if they are not your cup of tea.

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I posted about this murder to make people aware how bad the drug thing is getting here.

Not to start a war of words... My village is more violent than yours, there is no need for it.

Th murderer told the police the argument started over a packet of mama noodles.

The dead man refused to share, so he got attacked and killed.

Right, I dont want to argue with you. I only replied to another bloke.

And a post discussing moderation has also gone away.

Everyone, please read the forum rules here https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/ Rule 7 applies.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I would describe living in a village where people get shot a nightmare, OK it's not your personal nightmare but I wouldn't feel safe in such an environment.?

LOL< this is what I explained. I lived in the same environment where Thai people died in strange circumstances. What are we talking about here???

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering if Issan is more violent. I live periodically in a Thai village south of Chiang Rai. It's reasonably prosperous, they crop rice twice a year. Have never seen a police presence there. The poo yai settles local disputes. The biggest problem is petty theft, everyone has barred windows.

I feel quite safe there, although I must admit my next door neighbour's habit of blasting away with a shotgun during thunderstorms to frighten away evil spirits is a bit unsettling.

The feeling is always like this. You never feel being hunted, do you?

I never felt unsafe but when every week I heard stories of Somchai being murdered, and Somsee being beaten to death et cetera, I though <deleted>? 

Thailand is a place where locals know everything but nothing is known to public.

Welcome to countryside of Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garrya said:

LOL< this is what I explained. I lived in the same environment where Thai people died in strange circumstances. What are we talking about here???

It's just that not everywhere is the same, there are good and bad places, drugs are a scourge which has destroyed many nice areas, I'm beginning to agree with Duterte, a quick bullet to the head. 

• Like 2