The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

I use to listen to a few friends talking about their holidays and how exciting they were used to think that sounds so much better than I was doing, decorating the home again because she fancied a change of colour. 

Ironically, so did i. 

• Haha 1

Last time I went to my origin country, which was more than a decade ago, in the 3 weeks I was there I saw just One girl that I thought was attractive.  I've never been that good at hooking up with girls I'm attracted to back there (though had hordes of those that I wasn't ???? ).  There's not a chance I could have got a look in, and none of the others were interesting to me either (I'm just talking about looks here, not what their character is made of).  I was in good physical shape and earning very well.

Over here, when younger I was in demand, but they couldn't know I had no money or prospects.  Now I'm older and don't get the attention of 'non professional' workers, but have an awesome partner that I had to work really hard for 6 months to win her over to giving me a chance.  She made a good choice (even if I do say so myself), as she's wanting for nothing now (apart from me to drink a little less at the weekend perhaps).

I still like to look at eye candy though, and I've reached that stage where a lot of them now appear to me almost like kids, and I'd be embarrassed to be associated with them publically as a team.  That's nothing bad about them, but clearly don't want to be in the 'dad syndrome'.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:13 AM, dode57k said:

Here's a simple test. Walk along any High street in your home country. For me that's the UK. You'll see (the majority of women) will be fat, grumpy, stressed, boring looking creatures. Now compare to a similar location in Thailand....I rest my case 

Really... where I live I get a boner just walking down the street. There are young hot girls everywhere.

But unfortunately none are interested in me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2019 at 2:49 AM, BritManToo said:

Many posters confuse the word 'beautiful' with the word 'available'.

totally agree, they are everywhere and available

nice beautiful stunning NO `NO NO

take some trips on skytrain or underground

nice women are very few and far between

same goes for Sukhumvit beer bars

mate, my place of reference is Bangkok,  the less said about Pattaya the better. I prefer not to set foot in rural Thailand but I doubt that those country pumpkins in flip flops are better looking than the average bangkok office girl. cheers

8 minutes ago, oruaM said:

mate, my place of reference is Bangkok,  the less said about Pattaya the better. I prefer not to set foot in rural Thailand but I doubt that those country pumpkins in flip flops are better looking than the average bangkok office girl. cheers

Have go and have a look before just casting wild assertions. They even have some who don’t wear flip flops. 

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2019 at 3:34 AM, bkk6060 said:

I find Thai's much better lovers, more open and have much less hangups then western women.

"BETTER LOVERS"  lol, Your previous posts in the Pattaya thread, you was praising beech road prostitutes, saying their attitude was better than many bar girls.   Do you also call them your girlfriends ?

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

totally agree, they are everywhere and available

nice beautiful stunning NO `NO NO

take some trips on skytrain or underground

nice women are very few and far between

same goes for Sukhumvit beer bars

How many showers do you take a day and do you wear your shirts twice? The most common complaint I hear from Thai women is Farang smell bad.  I think they must smell you coming and run and hide because I see beautiful women all the time. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, oruaM said:

I guess you have never been to Thailand.  Try Chiang Mai.  The more universities per capita the better looking the women.  Why on earth not talk about Pattaya?  They ladies there take care of themselves and get lots of sleep/time in bed and get paid re their beauty of course they are going to be better looking than women who work in a factory or rice paddy. 

46 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

How many showers do you take a day and do you wear your shirts twice? The most common complaint I hear from Thai women is Farang smell bad.  I think they must smell you coming and run and hide because I see beautiful women all the time. 

maybe you have bad taste?

I would have to walk several times between Asoke and Soi 4 between I see 1 beautiful woman

just disagree with you

31 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I guess you have never been to Thailand.  Try Chiang Mai.  The more universities per capita the better looking the women.  Why on earth not talk about Pattaya?  They ladies there take care of themselves and get lots of sleep/time in bed and get paid re their beauty of course they are going to be better looking than women who work in a factory or rice paddy. 

I have been living in Bkk for several years, well ... never seen so many obese girls or unshaven legs in a European university so I guess we just have different standards of beauty. Let's say that I am happy for you that you find Thai ladies attractive, on my side I just prefer to be very selective.

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I would have to walk several times between Asoke and Soi 4 between I see 1 beautiful woman

just disagree with you

Do you think you can identify a beautiful woman?  What are your qualifications for that skill? 

2 minutes ago, oruaM said:

I have been living in Bkk for several years, well ... never seen so many obese girls or unshaven legs in a European university so I guess we just have different standards of beauty. Let's say that I am happy for you that you find Thai ladies attractive, on my side I just prefer to be very selective.

Why would beautiful women hang out in Bangkok?  Chiang Mai because of universities and Pattaya because beauty pays in Pattaya.  Bangkok is a polluted industrial wasteland.  That you think the flower of Thai womanhood is to be found there is evidence or your inexperience with the genre.  Do you hold any credentials for being a judge of Thai beauty?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why would beautiful women hang out in Bangkok?  Chiang Mai because of universities and Pattaya because beauty pays in Pattaya.  Bangkok is a polluted industrial wasteland.  That you think the flower of Thai womanhood is to be found there is evidence or your inexperience with the genre.  Do you hold any credentials for being a judge of Thai beauty?  

LOL ... you must be a Thai.

it is Marcus Aurelius btw

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

The greatest concentration of beautiful and educated women in the country are in bkk which is no surprise since most of the high paying jobs, multi nationals and other lucrative opportunities are located there

You will probably not find many beautiful, bilingual, university educated women working for peanuts in a village  or picking rice in the middle of nowhere 

It's just Common sense 

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

I would say 90% or more of the Thai women (normal ones, not P4P) I have had in Bangkok before I was married have all been pretty damn good when it mattered, and their hygiene and cleanliness is far superior to most of the women I had previously in England. 

So very very true..

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Benroon said:

hahahaha seriously funny - there is absolutely no way the street mongrels of Pattaya can compete with the finest Bangkok specimens - absolutely no way!

I'm starting to think you've never stepped foot in Thailand!

I think we can both agree you have never lived in Pattaya.  I've lived in both Pattaya and Bangkok 50 years ago and today. 

However I hold no special credentials about judging women.  There are more Thai people living in California than Khon Kaen so it's hard to say one likes American women better as so many Thais live in America. 

Beauty to me is a woman who is accessible to me.  Why would I post a photo of a beautiful women who I've never had?  Seems silly. 

You guys are wanna be Thai beauty experts.  Get some experience before you begin to comment. 

You gotta see em in the morning and when they don't feel good.  See em every day of the month so you can judge their temperament and attitude.  Live with them with one bed and one toilet for a while.  

The longer you live in Thailand and the more women you have cohabited with the more you become a judge of Thai women and their beauty both inner and outer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I think we can both agree you have never lived in Pattaya.  I've lived in both Pattaya and Bangkok 50 years ago and today. 

However I hold no special credentials about judging women.  There are more Thai people living in California than Khon Kaen so it's hard to say one likes American women better as so many Thais live in America. 

Beauty to me is a woman who is accessible to me.  Why would I post a photo of a beautiful women who I've never had?  Seems silly. 

You guys are wanna be Thai beauty experts.  Get some experience before you begin to comment. 

You gotta see em in the morning and when they don't feel good.  See em every day of the month so you can judge their temperament and attitude.  Live with them with one bed and one toilet for a while.  

The longer you live in Thailand and the more women you have cohabited with the more you become a judge of Thai women and their beauty both inner and outer. 

Well that is just another piece of your BS.

Total Thai expat population of the entire US is only 250K, so I'm assuming, and I'm 'sure' you will correct me, that they don't all live in California. Khon Kaen, 120K give or take

On 7/1/2018 at 4:01 AM, AlexRich said:

Posters on here go on and on about how beautiful Thai girls are. Am I the only one who thinks there is nothing special about them? 

you are not alone. my wife fully agrees with your view.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2019 at 12:38 PM, oruaM said:

I was in Khon Kaen last year during Songkran and there was this girl that i hanged out with. She was beautiful but after seeing that she didn't shave her legs, i just couldn't.. 

On another note, on beauty, women in the west catch my eye way more often but they're just not approachable. There is always the initial hostility and you've gotta prove your worth her time. I just want to meet new people, not get into your pants or kidnap you.. If i approach 100 women, i might get one number. Thai girls are way more approachable and friendly. If you look average and take care of your hairy legs, then you got me.. 

Edited by Senseo
Added few things.

3 hours ago, Senseo said:

I was in Khon Kaen last year during Songkran and there was this girl that i hanged out with. She was beautiful but after seeing that she didn't shave her legs, i just couldn't.. 

On another note, on beauty, women in the west catch my eye way more often but they're just not approachable. There is always the initial hostility and you've gotta prove your worth her time. I just want to meet new people, not get into your pants or kidnap you.. If i approach 100 women, i might get one number. Thai girls are way more approachable and friendly. If you look average and take care of your hairy legs, then you got me.. 

Geez, you not have the nads to ask her to shave her legs? Man up..

Unlike the West my experience is if you ask them to change simple things like this they will do they want to make you happy.

Especially from KK.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Posters on here go on and on about how beautiful Thai girls are...

It is a basic fact, that there are beautiful girls in every corner of this planet. Beauty is something one cannot define, as the common saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholden".

Then we have the 'chosen ones' from beauty contests etc where a few participants are judged according to some pre-defined criteria and 'crowned'.

Could one say that these Miss World 20xx are the most beautiful females on this planet? The simple answer is no.

This fact is amply proved by the OP by hiim stating...

However, I have a confession to make ... I don't find Thai girls attractive. Give me a voluptuous olive skinned southern European or a blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girl any day. I prefer a western look.

Hence, someone can claim that he is experienced with women, had x number of X nationality females... etc etc., but proves nothing, except maybe his boredom, or his disappointment with women?

If you have only ever eaten in one restaurant, would you call yourself a restaurant expert? 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:35 PM, melvinmelvin said:

just disagree with you

I was on the MRT yesterday and saw loads of attractive women getting on and off.

Maybe you don't see them because they don't walk much.

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was on the MRT yesterday and saw loads of attractive women getting on and off.

Maybe you don't see them because they don't walk much.

100%.

I had a friend visit recently we grabbed a coffee and hung out at the walkway at the Asoke overpass from 730am to 9am.  I knew what to expect as I use to live near there.  The guys jaw dropped as attractive after attractive girl walked by mostly in business dress. 100s of them.

Bangkok has the most attractive girls in the country.  I would not say sexy, but good looking business type.

Are they available?  Some but very few I think for an older Falang.  Pattaya is best suited for that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Geez, you not have the nads to ask her to shave her legs? Man up..

Unlike the West my experience is if you ask them to change simple things like this they will do they want to make you happy.

Especially from KK.

It was my first time in Thailand and one of my first experiences with Thai women. I just knew her for a few days and wasn't comfortable saying that to her. Shouldn't they already know that it's a turn off? Just like every man knows that not having shaved your balls is a turn off for most women in the west. 

• Thanks 1