Saturday Night on Nimmanhamin===LAME!

heybruce

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm curious, do you ever go to bars that aren't hooker bars?

All Thai bars have hookers (if not all Thai establishments), but not all bars are hooker bars.

I was at a restaurant one afternoon, and the waitress wanted to go home with me.

I said, "What, they have a bar fine here?", She replied, "No, but I can phone up one of the off-duty staff to take my shift, she'll be here in 5 minutes" Then we had to play the game of not walking past any establishment where they knew her, "I don't want my boyfriend to hear about this", she said.

Not that I want you to think I'm easy, it took her a week of lunches rubbing against me, and bending over low when serving me, before I agreed to take her home. A mistake, of course, I could never eat there again, she went bonkers when I didn't want a repeat, I was put off a bit when her bf phoned while we were in my room and she didn't pause for breath while chatting with him. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

All Thai bars have hookers (if not all Thai establishments), but not all bars are hooker bars.

I was at a restaurant one afternoon, and the waitress wanted to go home with me.

I said, "What, they have a bar fine here?", She replied, "No, but I can phone up one of the off-duty staff to take my shift, she'll be here in 5 minutes" Then we had to play the game of not walking past any establishment where they knew her, "I don't want my boyfriend to hear about this", she said.

Not that I want you to think I'm easy, it took her a week of lunches rubbing against me, and bending over low when serving me, before I agreed to take her home. A mistake, of course, I could never eat there again, she went bonkers when I didn't want a repeat, I was put off a bit when her bf phoned while we were in my room and she didn't pause for breath while chatting with him. 

You may not want to mention this place by name, but was it a place primarily catering to Thai's, or expats and tourists?

I've had pretty waitresses chat with me whenever they had free time, I enjoyed it.  They didn't offer sex and I didn't ask.  Sex is easy in Thailand, if anything dangerously easy.  In your example it appears she wanted an ongoing thing and you did not (wise choice).  I don't want to complicate my time at my favorite places with this kind of nonsense. 

I don't agree that all Thai places have hookers, but with many women working at a job, often two jobs, that pay less than 30 baht an hour (Thai minimum wage laws only seem to apply to restaurant staff in chain restaurants), it's not surprising that some look for occasional cash "injections".

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe you are young hansum man.

Years back I would often get propositioned by women in Chiang Mai. They would stop their motorbikes next to me if I was walking in a street, even during the daytime. Girls working in restaurants and stores would try to chat me up. Tuk tuks would pull up, the drivers asking; you want sexy lady?

But since being my 60s, no more propositions, seemed they are no longer interested in me. ?

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 12:13 PM, heybruce said:

Actually I'm nice and friendly to everyone who is nice and friendly to me, excluding those (car salesmen, prostitutes, etc.) who are obviously trying to hustle me.  Apparently nice and friendly isn't your thing. 

If you're comfortable being a cold, withdrawn non-entity in social situations, that's fine.  Other people are more open to social interaction.

That is quite unfair  , I just stated that I have no desire to speak to waitresses, other then to tell them my order and you take that as being "cold & withdrawn in social situations" !!!!!

I do usually go out to eat with others , and it would be quite rude to lust after the waitresses , dont get me wrong  , I will be happy enough to exchange pleasantries , but have no need to sit and try to chat them up .

If I quite liked a waitress , I would ask her out on a different night , TBH , nearly everytime the request was refused .

I go out to eat with friends ,  you seem to go out on your own and use the waitresses for company . 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I was put off a bit when her bf phoned while we were in my room and she didn't pause for breath while chatting with him. 

I love it when their bf calls mid stream.

I encourage it.  I think it is funny and motivates me even more.

I especially like it when they have a name of a guy tattooed on them.

Great place for the final act.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is quite unfair  , I just stated that I have no desire to speak to waitresses, other then to tell them my order and you take that as being "cold & withdrawn in social situations" !!!!!

I do usually go out to eat with others , and it would be quite rude to lust after the waitresses , dont get me wrong  , I will be happy enough to exchange pleasantries , but have no need to sit and try to chat them up .

If I quite liked a waitress , I would ask her out on a different night , TBH , nearly everytime the request was refused .

I go out to eat with friends ,  you seem to go out on your own and use the waitresses for company . 

You insisted that I would never be "nice and friendly" to a waitress that wasn't young and pretty, giving me the impression that is the only kind you would be nice to. I corrected you.

Sometimes I go out with friends, sometimes my friends are busy and I go out alone.  When I go out alone I go to friendly, lively places, not hooker bars.  At one time I had many friendly and lively choices in the Nimmanhamin area, now I'm force to look further afield.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thailand has changed since you were younger .

Thai girls no longer see felangs as being rich saviors to give them a better like .

Tuk tuk drivers still pull up offering sexy ladies , but they are probably the same ladies as from 40 years ago

That brings to mind the Chiang Mai Housewives Club.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, heybruce said:

I rarely go to go-gos, but when I have every woman dancing was a prostitute, not a pretty, and rarely pretty.

Coyote dancers in regular bars probably come from the same agencies that assign pretties for the drinks businesses.  The women who dance in, and are barfined out of, the go-gos do not.

I'm curious, do you ever go to bars that aren't hooker bars?  This is a real longshot, but do you ever go to bars that aren't expat or tourist bars?

I rarely go to go-gos

Yet that doesn't stop you giving the impression that you are some sort of expert on them!

I have been to Thai bars/ nightclubs, of course, with my wife, and with friends. However, I don't think a bar/ nightclub exists in LOS where I could not find someone up for a bit of P4P.

Only difference between up market nightclubs and bar beers is the cost of the rumpty.

not a pretty, and rarely pretty.

Try going in a better class of gogo.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmm. If I remember correctly, you've made lots of personal remarks about me.

I don't recall, but I may have after you made personal remarks about me.  Why don't you provide examples and context?

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I rarely go to go-gos

Yet that doesn't stop you giving the impression that you are some sort of expert on them!

I have been to Thai bars/ nightclubs, of course, with my wife, and with friends. However, I don't think a bar/ nightclub exists in LOS where I could not find someone up for a bit of P4P.

Only difference between up market nightclubs and bar beers is the cost of the rumpty.

not a pretty, and rarely pretty.

Try going in a better class of gogo.

Actually I challenge those who presume they are experts on bars that aren't hooker bars, even though the only personal examples they give are from hooker bars.

I only know of three go-go's in Chiang Mai (I've been told there are some gay ones, but I'm not interested in those).  Many years ago I would see some reasonably attractive young women in them, but then that ended.  That is why I rarely go to these places, maybe about once a year to see if they are still dismal.  They are. 

If there is a place in Chiang Mai that currently has attractive women, why don't you identify it?

Edited by heybruce

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Central Airport Mall has a lot of very attractive women walking around in it. 

Yeah, so does CMU.  However my question was asked in the context of go-go's, in response to your suggestion " Try going in a better class of gogo."

Can you identify any go-go's with attractive women?  In Chiang Mai, of course, not other parts of Thailand.

14 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, so does CMU.  However my question was asked in the context of go-go's, in response to your suggestion " Try going in a better class of gogo."

Can you identify any go-go's with attractive women?  In Chiang Mai, of course, not other parts of Thailand.

I don't think any such place exists in C M. I have never been one for claiming that C M has an abundance of attractive gurls in the night life industry there, if it even qualifies as nightlife in the first place.

I gave up going to Loi Kroh bars about 12 months ago, as it's just too sad.

Seems to me that there are two opinions about night life in C M. There are those like me that ridicule it as being just a bit sad and disappointing, and those that are happy it's sad and disappointing, as they don't want nightlife in C M.

I have yet to read anything claiming that C M nightlife is great. I do not consider eating in restaurants to be nightlife. 

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think any such place exists in C M. I have never been one for claiming that C M has an abundance of attractive gurls in the night life industry there, if it even qualifies as nightlife in the first place.

I gave up going to Loi Kroh bars about 12 months ago, as it's just too sad. 

You are right and do not be surprised if Pattaya slowly transitions into the same.

It will never totally go away but as they move to the family environment, I think you will see less.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, heybruce said:

However my question was asked in the context of go-go's, in response to your suggestion " Try going in a better class of gogo."

I should have added that to find a better class of Gogo, you'd need to go to Bkk or Pattaya. I think there is one in C M, so not much competition.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:25 PM, heybruce said:

If there is a place in Chiang Mai that currently has attractive women, why don't you identify it?

Ping Payom Hotel Coffee bar (through the arch, round the back) is worth a look after 7pm if you're near Niman (corner of Suthep road, old Wing 41 road). They also do VIP snooker (but I'm not entirely sure what that entails).

pingpayom.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ping Payom Hotel Coffee bar (through the arch, round the back) is worth a look after 7pm if you're near Niman (corner of Suthep road, old Wing 41 road). They also do VIP snooker (but I'm not entirely sure what that entails).

I know Ping Payom has a karaoke and a brothel, I didn't know they had a coffee bar.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The sign over the entrance says "Coffee Bar", but I've never bought a coffee there.

Off=topic, but that reminds me of a coffee shop I visited in Amsterdam.  Turns out it didn't specialize in coffee.

22 hours ago, heybruce said:

I have been in Chiang Mai for several years and regarding the adult nightlife scene, have seen better times. I blame all the crackdowns and pressures placed on gogo and beerbar owners by the police. Also, there has been nothing new for years.

For those who want more than just coffee shops, cafes and shopping malls for social entertainments, Chiang Mai is no longer a fun place.

Like some of the posters, I got bored with LK long ago and now I believe there are only 2 that I loosely describe as gogo bars in the whole of Chiang Mai, and yes, the girls are not very attractive. Expensive, low standard and not good value for money.

Some may disagree, but I think this sums it up.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The sign over the entrance says "Coffee Bar", but I've never bought a coffee there.

not a bad place to grab a very late night beer in the coffee shop....never saw another farang there....typical.  130 for a large Heineken..way late.  Decent ambiance.  Heard the soapy girls are greedy, money hungry witches, though.  Wi-Fi is decent, and I think rooms run about 500..And Thai massage, too.  

Edited by moontang

17 hours ago, moontang said:

not a bad place to grab a very late night beer in the coffee shop....never saw another farang there....typical.  130 for a large Heineken..way late.  Decent ambiance.  Heard the soapy girls are greedy, money hungry witches, though.  Wi-Fi is decent, and I think rooms run about 500..And Thai massage, too.  

Again, I was not aware of this.  It's not on my normal night time trail, but if I ever find myself in the area and thirsty I'll check it out.