TAT: Tham Luang cave may be next tourist attraction

webfact

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Weerasak should be resigning; at least it might stop him embarrassing himself further.

What next? Promotion of a unique diving experience on a wreck between Phuket and Raya? 

Did you forget about the King Cruiser already? She is a destination already.

3 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Did you forget about the King Cruiser already? She is a destination already.

No, but King Cruiser sank 20 years ago and no lives were lost. And it was only used as an example of the insensitivity often displayed by tourism bosses in Thailand.

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Damn!!! 

Bet next they will stage some accident somewhere else in order to make it a tourist attraction. While they are at it why don't they plan a movie... they have all the ingredients they need... 

Can't believe it... tourist attraction...

Stage an accident, no need for that plenty of accidents to go around. There will be another soon enough. 

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

They just couldn´t wait and show some respect and dignity.

I guess tourists already have that place on their list to visit. I would not be surprised some already heading that way! So what is the problem, to adress the issue before it will  be a problem? They an close the whole area, or start maning a good plan. James Bond/The beach? <deleted>? This is the real thing ?

32 minutes ago, Torrens54 said:

Maybe a new Thrill Ride....AMBULANCE CHASING to Road Trauma Incidents.

No shortage of “Marketabke Product, many Photo Opportunities.”

Don't forget the optional Helicopter trip to CR after the Cave Experience..!

Edited by steve73

4 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Yet another way to try and generate funds from the blight of others. SICK!

I thought tiourism is booming, economy buoyant! Or are they?

Could the deaths plus missing Chinese tourists be considered a tourist attraction too?!

TIT, where money is more important than life...

Paradise... Cough Cough...

They can play Aerosmith's "living on the edge" in the tourism campaigns. This cave should have been safe from the start, so I don't trust the Thai government one bit to manage this location so that there will be no death or accidents in future. 

• Like 2

Maybe when they get to re float the boat in Phuket they can make it a tourist attraction too....there's not been mentioned no intentions of looking at securing all these cave sites at all.the only talk is about how they can make money off the back of this ordeal and the death of a person.again no shame at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why? The guy that follows him will just be the same, and so on, and so on. This is Thailand.

So when is the right time? We have the Death railroad and Auschwitz as a touristdestinations and as a reminder of life, war and death. So why shouldnt this village make something good for themselves, and make a future when they have the chance?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why? The guy that follows him will just be the same, and so on, and so on. This is Thailand.

So when is the right time? We have the Death railroad and Auschwitz as a touristdestinations and as a reminder of life, war and death. So why shouldnt this village make something good for themselves, and make a future when they have the chance?

Hey in the future a tourist can take supplies and just before rainy seasons starts, head inside the

cave and make their way to the back of he cave then wait for the rains. A new slow suicide!

Just a suggestion.. Maybe send in the Tourist minister?

The strange thing is that people will want to go and gawk at the cave. You can tell me why, I don't know.

I can see all the selfies already.

1. Outside pointing at the cave.

2. Inside in a group with the fake 'look how scared we are expressions.'

3. Bending down pointing to a narrow opening with them having a look of horror on their faces.

4. In a group outside with the 'we are so happy to be outside again look'.

???

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Possibly true in reality. While his sentiments may be consistent with the mentality of TAT, that's not enough to have to settle for his behaviour.

This guy really doesn't seem to have the kind of elk required to do anything for the Industry as a true ambassador. There must be hundreds more suitable to handle the job.

This thread is a prime example, kids still trapped and hundreds involved in an ongoing rescue and he is personally promoting the potential for Tourism at the site.

Just recently President Xi called on him to address the safety issues after the Phuket incident, which he had personally confirmed as a non issue a couple of months ago. 

http://www.samuitimes.com/tourism-and-sports-minister-confirms-safety-of-thailand-as-tourist-destination/

His only action was to relay the message while Prawit blamed the Chinese operators.

Then the overpriced King Power facilities in Suvarnabhumi, all he can bother to come up with is - like it or lump it.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Auschwitz is not considered a tourist destination, it is a Holocaust Memorial not Disneyland.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

The strange thing is that people will want to go and gawk at the cave. You can tell me why, I don't know.

I can see all the selfies already.

1. Outside pointing at the cave.

2. Inside in a group with the fake 'look how scared we are expressions.'

3. Bending down pointing to a narrow opening with them having a look of horror on their faces.

4. In a group outside with the 'we are so happy to be outside again look'.

???

Plus the guide with a flag on a selfie stick plus 50 very loud people.

Just now, DrTuner said:

I have an idea. Take all of T(w)AT to the cave for a tour and blast it shut. I'd visit that attraction to take a thumbs up selfie.

That would quickly result in a new minister who would be on site calculating the tourist revenue from the blast and death.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Damn!!! 

Bet next they will stage some accident somewhere else in order to make it a tourist attraction. While they are at it why don't they plan a movie... they have all the ingredients they need... 

Can't believe it... tourist attraction...

Next, these idiots will be installing seats next to main roads near traffic lights, so that tourists can pay to watch the carnage on the roads in comfort, with the added excitement of possibly becoming involved in the action.  

• Like 1

Just how low will the Thais stoop in order to make a buck ?

What should really happen , is that the cave is sealed with 50 Tons of Concrete and a plaque placed upon the closed entrance in memory  and to honour the brave ex RTN Seal that lost his life trying to rescue these stranded kids

As another poster said " a complete lack of humanity and compassion"

• Thanks 1