Premium spam SMS on my true after blocked stilll charge every month

Sandman77

I borrow my true sim to a friend when I not in thailand , she using a android phone that was infected by some website virus my regular bill is always 640 baht with tax every month

Now it charge 756 the service was blocked last month but stilll charging some give me information that it always charge to month after block

For me would be interesting how this hackers and virus programmer can billing on every phone number

Is the old manipulated warp billing protocol used ? I ask this questions allready the true hotline , how this kind of people can make this kind of spam bill , with a endless monthly subsribtion but the only Aswer was , I not sure what you mean sir ..

What is the adress of thailand Telecom regulation ? The system seems to be everywhere in the world Same and a million dollar business I will send my friend now a Iphone I think only in android this kind of premium spam SMS can happen ..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where do you know from that is was a "virus" and not just your friend dialing some silly subscription numbers.

Totally useless to change the phone.

My wife had a similar occurrence with some news-feed SMS that was eating the prepaid credit.

Handed the phone to the granddaughter. Took her a minute or two to stop the subscription.

Forget the hotline calls to True.

Go to a service center and ask them to stop all subscriptions. Otherwise no other chance but forget and cancel the contract ASAP.

And for the future:

handing a postpaid(!) SIM to a friend is a recipe for disaster.

Today when SIMs are registered to your name I would not hand my phone to anyone.

A bad minded person could bring you to jail in an instant as much as you would claim that it was not you with the lese majeste.

Long ago but comparable: the sister in law cancelled the fixed line connection after the boys managed to pile up a 5000 Baht bill. Calling 1900 numbers on fixed line.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nonsense to say it in plain words.

Correct in my experience years ago before android and Iphones came into existence. Wife's AIS prepaid on a Nokia phone was getting lost because of SMS's she had subscribed to. Convinced her to call and get them blocked. 

Getting them can happen if a link in a spam SMS is touched. Hard to stop the spam messages other than blocking the number they are coming from.

22 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Good move to thrash the Android for a iPhone. Trash also the phone subscription with True and go for AIS !!

Never!!! I know to much people who changed from iphone to android phones and be much more happy.

Also it give enough viruses and malware for iphones too.

In a newspaper I read that everyday more then 800 virus realeased for android , the can copy your adress book making. Phone call to other people , and my friend when he was removing snow in wintertime in front off his house when have minus degree he lost all his memory on a samsung android phone and all pics gone this never happen in a Iphone under same temperatures! I not want to begin a war here between iPhone and android users , it's just some of my experience!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

The 2 month now over the promise that true allready blocked all service was not true .. this month another spam proberbly from same android virus
Charge 350 Baht more
True block the new spam sms agsin and promise me to refund 350 Baht on next bill circle ..
T.i.t.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect