Deported from thailand

Can you scan the Thai stamp, people here can translate it,

Coming on another country passport used to work, not sure anymore because of international terrorism, they will have your name, birthday and photo for facial recognition. 

• Like 1

You did not mention what you went to prison for and for how long? There is a massive difference. Surprised that Australia are allowed to share your data with another country without your consent? I don't think the UK can unless they are asked. Is there more to this story did they ask you and then the Aussies sent the details.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I'm very surprised to hear this happened and I'm not sure I believe it, are you certain the Australian government disclosed your conviction details to the Thais ? How do you know this ?

Why would they do this ?

There are some cases where prior serious crimes are shared with the immigration of the country someone is traveling to. An example is the Australian Child Protection Offender Reporting scheme. The US has something similar, and I believe some categories of serious drug offenses can also trigger notifications.

As you imply, the vast majority of someone's criminal history of not shared with anyone without a valid application for this information.

Not sure why nobody picked up on this already, but judging by his handle on here, the OP appears to be a member of a motorcycle gang.

As Thailand has recently been trying to rid the country of these types of criminal elements, and has received cooperation from the authorities

of some  other countries, this is just an indication of how the system is working.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Surprised that Australia are allowed to share your data with another country without your consent? 

Criminals need to give consent for instance to get on Interpol? The list with wanted criminals would be very short then.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Criminals need to give consent for instance to get on Interpol? The list with wanted criminals would be very short then.

I would very much doubt that there was any involvement by Interpol in the OP's case, unless Australia had asked Interpol to issue a green notice against him and in which case the OP would have difficulties traveling to most countries.

More likely the Australian Authorities communicating directly with their Thai counterparts.

Either way it would be unusual, unless the crime was severe enough to warrant it.

What is a little surprising is that he was allowed to board the aircraft bound for Thailand, as you would have thought that the the advanced passenger info sent to Thailand would have resulted in a boarding denied.

• Like 1

First my conviction has nothing to do with sex offences , i was charged with importing,bringing back some prescription drugs from Thailand 3 years ago, as you all know purchasing steroids or other prescription drugs in a pharmacy in Thailand is easy ,my question is simply if i travelled with a different passport/country would i still be flagged? would a land crossing lets say from Cambodia be easier?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

Not sure why nobody picked up on this already, but judging by his handle on here, the OP appears to be a member of a motorcycle gang.

As Thailand has recently been trying to rid the country of these types of criminal elements, and has received cooperation from the authorities

of some  other countries, this is just an indication of how the system is working.

And how does Sherlock... know he's could be a member of a motorcycle gang ???

• Like 1

You are very vague when it comes to your criminal record unless it was a crime against children ( sexual assault ) I cannot understand why you we’re deported even murderers have been allowed into the kingdom one thing is certain you wo t be welcomed back into Thailand if you have been deported .

24 minutes ago, micks88 said:

First my conviction has nothing to do with sex offences , i was charged with importing,bringing back some prescription drugs from Thailand 3 years ago, as you all know purchasing steroids or other prescription drugs in a pharmacy in Thailand is easy ,my question is simply if i travelled with a different passport/country would i still be flagged? would a land crossing lets say from Cambodia be easier?

So by your own admission you are a drug pusher.

No wonder you were denied entry, well done to immigration.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

You did not mention what you went to prison for and for how long? There is a massive difference. Surprised that Australia are allowed to share your data with another country without your consent? I don't think the UK can unless they are asked. Is there more to this story did they ask you and then the Aussies sent the details.

They have been sharing information for years, not sure about Thailand. There is no rule or law that says a country can not share information, what about all the crooks they are catching here, that their country have notified Thailand. This is the price you pay when you have a criminal conviction against you in your own country, Good guys in, bad guys out

• Like 1

If the OP is looking for sympathy on TV, I'd say he has come to the wrong place. A criminal record follows a person for life. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

As far as Thailand goes, if he has been deported it is axiomatic he won't be allowed back in, irrespective of what passports he is holding. Fairly naive to think changing the passport changes one's identity.

41 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

You are very vague when it comes to your criminal record unless it was a crime against children ( sexual assault ) I cannot understand why you we’re deported even murderers have been allowed into the kingdom one thing is certain you wo t be welcomed back into Thailand if you have been deported .

Not vague at all, try reading post 20!

3 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh calm down Captain Morals... . He said it was importing prescription drugs into Australia - hardly crime of the century - and something I doubt many people would be aware was a crime.

Seriously what is wrong with all these do-gooders on TV shaking their finger whenever someone asks some questions?

I think we should keep an open mind. This might be a case of a minor crime that should really not be notifiable, Thai immigration being informed because of the crime category. Alternatively, he might have been transporting large quantities of, in Australia, heavily restricted drugs with the intention of selling them. There is no way of knowing.

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So by your own admission you are a drug pusher.

No wonder you were denied entry, well done to immigration.

By his own admission he imported steroids into Australia, possibly for his own use and no mention of the quantity, so how does that make him a "drug pusher"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Oh calm down Captain Morals... . He said it was importing prescription drugs into Australia - hardly crime of the century - and something I doubt many people would be aware was a crime.

Seriously what is wrong with all these do-gooders on TV shaking their finger whenever someone asks some questions?

Correction. He admitted he was importing steroids into Australia, which may be legal in Thailand but are certainly illegal in Australia. All one has to do is read the incoming passenger card. They are illegal for good reason - cancer risk and psychosis.

Seriously, it's a pity we don't have a prescription drug that raises the IQ of people. Nothing to do with morals, more like stupidity.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think we should keep an open mind. This might be a case of a minor crime that should really not be notifiable, Thai immigration being informed because of the crime category. Alternatively, he might have been transporting large quantities of, in Australia, heavily restricted drugs with the intention of selling them. There is no way of knowing.

My best guess is the OP did not declare the steroids on the incoming passenger card, then tried to bluff his way out of it. Big mistake. Even bigger mistake if it was clear the quantity was more than for personal use.

If I have anything questionable in my luggage, I declare it. Have been doing that for 40 years. Customs is quite tolerant, as long as you declare what you are bringing in. Had one item seized, was not going to argue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Correction. He admitted he was importing steroids into Australia, which may be legal in Thailand but are certainly illegal in Australia. All one has to do is read the incoming passenger card. They are illegal for good reason - cancer risk and psychosis.

Seriously, it's a pity we don't have a prescription drug that raises the IQ of people. Nothing to do with morals, more like stupidity.

Few people would know that it's illegal in Australia, and that is why I took exception to your comment, "don't to the crime if you can't do the crime".....because if what you posted is true, then it's the first time I've ever heard of someone being kicked out of Thailand for something that is Legal in Thailand.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

.....because if what you posted is true, then it's the first time I've ever heard of someone being kicked out of Thailand for something that is Legal in Thailand.

Your post is not exactly correct, OP was not kicked out of Thailand, he was not allowed entry, not quite the same.

• Like 1