Inspection required or not

Briggsy

One of my bikes is approaching its fifth anniversary.

I know the law requires an annual Tor Ror Or (inspection) for "motorcycles that have been in use for five years or more". So does my bike which is currently 4 years and 11 months old require an inspection this year prior to tax renewal or will next year be the first inspection? I can't remember. The last time I had a bike in Thailand reach 5 years old was a long time ago.

I had to do the inspection on my CBR500R recently but then it was already over the 5 year mark (a few days late to renew). I'd assume they'll want to "inspect" your bike as well. It's super easy and not exactly thorough so nothing much to worry other than a slight inconvenience that you have to bring the bike to one of the small shops. BTW when they did the noise test on my CBR, the dB meter measured 120dB. My bike isn't  loud at all, my Africa Twin (with stock exhaust) is way louder. He just laughed when I pointed out 120dB is totally implausible and said they'd put a much lower number in the papers... ? No idea why he even bothered to do the "test".

Edited by eisfeld

20 hours ago, eisfeld said:

when they did the noise test on my CBR, the dB meter measured 120dB.

Once,  they stuck an emissions tester in the exhaust of my smokey old 2 stroker it still passed.

The sign to look for  a testing station.

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

Ask my dealer to do last year as every year, he says cannot need to get paint job changed on green book first. Did a day run around trying to get what turned out to be a recept for tthe paint job so they could make the change at the DLT. After getting the paper work no problem and again this year dealer took care again.