Phuket named second best beach in the world

webfact

Phuket named second best beach in the world

08a737ce63647e7edc9c221d53460376.jpeg

Photo: Tourism Authority of Thailand

Phuket is celebrating its most recent award after being named the ‘Second Best Beach in the World’ by business publication US News & World Report.

It continues to win accolades from major international media for its white sands, aquamarine waters and limestone cliffs that attract millions of travellers every year. This island was hailed as “a little piece of paradise” according to the magazine.

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor, Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, said everyone in Phuket, both public and private stakeholders should take pride in this achievement as it demonstrates the island’s appeal as one of the world’s most desirable beach destinations.

“Obviously we are delighted to win this important award. The fact the honour comes from the US News & World Report is even more gratifying given its target audience and readership.

“In the past, Phuket has won several other prestigious awards for its beaches as well, so we are very grateful for the continued recognition.” Mr. Yuthasak added.

Phuket continues to expand its appeal as it tries to shift upmarket. It is also quickly established itself as one of the super-yacht hubs of Southeast Asia, a tropical playground for various groups of tourists who enjoy the island’s charms.

Along with its tropical appeal, Phuket beckons travellers wanting to experience its world-famous cuisine. Phuket was listed by UNESCO as a Gastronomic City in 2015 and will be included in the Michelin Guide Bangkok, Phuket and Phang Nga 2019.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30351541

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-06

Well, the other beaches around the wold must be really disgusting.

Having just been to Phuket.. the Patong Beach was the worst I have seen it.  The water the colour of tea, lots of plastic bin bags and other rubbish floating about, old nylon fishing nest on the beach, and disgusing frothy foam on the water surface.  

Years ago that water was crystal clean, can't remember seeing any amount of plastic junk and bags either.. and there were lots of little colourful fish swimming about.

• Haha 1

Obviously, some people in the US Survey got free suites, free food for a month long stay during their "survey" ?

The americans obviously skipped looking  at Cancun/Mexico beaches (perhaps they did not make it through the border wall ? ....or the north of the Caymans Islands..... all with deserted pristine golden sand beaches...that beat any beach in Thailand unfortunately.....and no risk of getting busted by some corrupt official falsely accusing a tourist of smoking...

• Like 1

Give me a  break. Im from the usa and let me set the record streight. I dont swim in phuket. Ever anywhere.

The best beaches here are maybe as good as the ones in sandiego calif. 

I would give rok nok a decent rating and a few in the butong group. But other than those not even interested.

Waikiki blows doors on any phuket beack. And then all the other beaches in hawaii  are better than waikiki.

Fiji has beaches that are mind blowing. So does indonesia.

So what gives with this kind of fake news again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Phuket? There are some nice beaches on Phuket. But, second best in the world? I think not. Perhaps:

The Maldives, maybe. 

Tikehau Island, French Polynesia. Can't decide whether you want white- or pink-sand beaches? ... 

Dreamland Beach, Bali. ... 

Bathsheba Beach, Barbados. ... 

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. ... 

Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda. ... 

Harbour Island, Bahamas. ... 

Blue Beach (La Chiva), Vieques, Puerto Rico. ... 

Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI.

Maipio Valley Beach, Big Island, Hawaii

Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas

Palm Beach, Aruba

Honopu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii

Black sand beaches are gross!

• Like 1

Australia should have at least one beach on the list if not more. After all If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take more than 27 years to see them all.

A beach can be defined as a stretch of sand longer than 20 metres and remaining dry at high tide. Based on this definition, the Coastal Studies Unit at the University of Sydney has counted 10,685 beaches in Australia.

• Like 1

What a nonsense 5555.  The mediterranean sea also has super clear water plus all the other things that tourists want like great seats, public parks, good police, lifeguards, vendors in boots, no soidogs, no jetski's, good cheap alcohol and so on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Are you saying the beaches are not flat like Asians or the girls are not flat like Asians?

Well have a look for yourself...or would you prefer to stand on maya beach among herds of chinese?

Edited by Thian
  • Thanks 1

Try Fraser Island, Australia. The largest sand island in the world, one side open to the ocean, the other side sheltered and calm. 

Only one problem, sandflies eat you alive.

I got stopped for drink and drive where the picture was taken at the View Point by a Police check in the car park. Fortunately being the fine upstanding chap that I am they decided not to press charges and off I went on my motorcycle. That is a great drive down into Kata! That view can give you a natural drunk feeling.

2 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Give me a  break. Im from the usa and let me set the record streight. I dont swim in phuket. Ever anywhere.

The best beaches here are maybe as good as the ones in sandiego calif. 

I would give rok nok a decent rating and a few in the butong group. But other than those not even interested.

Waikiki blows doors on any phuket beack. And then all the other beaches in hawaii  are better than waikiki.

Fiji has beaches that are mind blowing. So does indonesia.

So what gives with this kind of fake news again.

You need some attitude adjustment where have you been all your life this is "Amazing Thailand"

Shame it has one of the worst facilities for well known beaches. Other countries have feet washes, showers and toilets for free even the largest beaches in Phuket do not have the first two at all and at Kata beach you have to pay to go to the toilet and even the toilet paper is rationed, two wipes if you are lucky and that's if no one has peed on the seat. I asked for more and the guy was not a happy chap. Phuket money is everything as long as it is their pocket not yours. To be fair though it is one of the safest places even at night, the bars etc are lovely happy places, no bouncers telling you you have the wrong shoes on like in the West. Thai ladies are cute as a button. Yes please.

wrong, Jomtien has the most beautiful beach in the world.. After the beach was scoured down to 3 meters from the street sand has been takes from a remote island (may be untouched?) and the beach has been redone to a 30m strip of best white sand.

So hurry up and throw your towel on it before zee Germans are coming

(@ Admin: no discrimination is present here coz I am one of them) 

In about 5 Month even the last vendor will realize the beach extension and the Umbrellas and Sun chairs will be gently spread for hire again ?  

Edited by See Will

2 hours ago, See Will said:

wrong, Jomtien has the most beautiful beach in the world.. After the beach was scoured down to 3 meters from the street sand has been takes from a remote island (may be untouched?) and the beach has been redone to a 30m strip of best white sand.

So hurry up and throw your towel on it before zee Germans are coming

(@ Admin: no discrimination is present here coz I am one of them) 

In about 5 Month even the last vendor will realize the beach extension and the Umbrellas and Sun chairs will be gently spread for hire again ?  

Question: Why do the germans always dig a hole to lay in on the dutch beach but they never do so in thailand?