UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

dyson

some memories at the back of my mind,

small stores in most uk airports

selling cameras, small computers, mobile phones, pdas, this and that electric, named Dyson???

also offered price guarantee

1990s and later

am I off or right?

Ah!  The  fest and the feast ! Today  and tomorrow  the  illustrious  Pound sinks like  a lead balloon.

The well endowed Bet Hounds  will  be  placing much more than a shilling  on the  eventualities!

Either  the  currency will  recover and

profit taken or  there  will be a  very  cheap  and desperate  Europe  local  labour  force for  profit  taken.

The wheel   keeps  turning but inevitably  there is  always a piece of  shit  stuck on it  somewhere !

Corporate inspired  Governance  is  such a  gem !

3 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Ah!  The  fest and the feast ! Today  and tomorrow  the  illustrious  Pound sinks like  a lead balloon.

The well endowed Bet Hounds  will  be  placing much more than a shilling  on the  eventualities!

Either  the  currency will  recover and

profit taken or  there  will be a  very  cheap  and desperate  Europe  local  labour  force for  profit  taken.

The wheel   keeps  turning but inevitably  there is  always a piece of  shit  stuck on it  somewhere !

Corporate inspired  Governance  is  such a  gem !

Funny you should mention. So far today it's the only major European currency up against the USD.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Funny you should mention. So far today it's the only major European currency up against the USD.  

Have you noticed how when one argument fails, Brexiteers run around trying to cherry pick some other cause to help their hopeless position...talk about clutching at straws.....

28 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Have you noticed how when one argument fails, Brexiteers run around trying to cherry pick some other cause to help their hopeless position...talk about clutching at straws.....

This was a response to an erroneous comment re Sterling. Not the price of cherries.

Which argument failed then? 

Edited by nauseus

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It’s not that difficult, is it? Here: http://bfy.tw/KVAS

Thanks and if you read this link they are already stock piling medicines which is not the same as Kwilco scaremongering one liner without any supporting links of "A no deal Brexit will mean no medicines for some people. May even mean death for diabetics....."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45047874

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Thanks and if you read this link they are already stock piling medicines which is not the same as Kwilco scaremongering one liner without any supporting links of "A no deal Brexit will mean no medicines for some people. May even mean death for diabetics....."

The problem is some medicines don't have a long shelf life and/or require refrigerated storage - insulin is one of these, hence the possible problem for diabetics, all human insulin is currently imported, we don't manufacture it in the UK.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

And how about the other articles contained in the link I provided? Or did you intentionally cherry-pick the one article that suits you best?

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And how about the other articles contained in the link I provided? Or did you intentionally cherry-pick the one article that suits you best?

Your on a different planet you provide a link which just did a search  brexit medicine nothing more nothing less if you want to post links that provide a different view to the BBC report go ahead no one is stopping you

I see from the dm link here

Leading insulin manufacturer is stockpiling FOUR MONTHS' supply to protect diabetics after Brexit amid warnings the UK will run out if there is no deal

• Like 2

It's interesting how one or two extremist people can behave here as well as on other forums as multiple persons. It's just one person with multiple names in here. 

T

Let's consider where we are with Brexit:

Close to a deal which in no way reflects anything anyone wants 

Destroys UK economy

Probably won't get parliamentary support 

M26 closed to build lorry park

What kind of person do you have to be to have voted for that & still be keen for it to happen? It seems bizarre to me.

Someone who is reticent to admit error?

Or just a sociopath?

• Like 2

With Brexiters someone else always has to be to blame for their frustration. If you take on a course of action such as Brexit without any plan, or even any clear objective of where you want to go, it just generates endless frustration.

If one has an argument with one’s partner, shouts 'I am leaving' and, with that, exits slamming the door and finds oneself in the street in the rain without a raincoat, I suspect some Brexiters would blame the weather forecasters or the local council for their predicament.

At the moment the blame for Brexit not being delivered with endless cake in order of importance appears to be, Remainers, the EU and the UK Civil Service. Clueless Johnson, Fox, Davis and now Rabb negotiating this are blameless for lack of cake delivery?

As stated before, when you have around 80% of the rowers in a boat rowing away from shore, it's not much wonder that the 20% rowing towards it don't make good progress.

Yes the 20% haven't done well, and so carry some of the blame, but had all 100% put aside their reservations and respected the vote, as they promised they would, and worked together finding solutions rather than finding problems, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, rixalex said:

I didn't state that referendum results had to be maintained indefinitely. The 1975 referendum result was implemented and then respected and maintained for a couple of generations.

Brexiters certainly aren't trying to deny another vote for that long. Just want to see the decision they were part of, actually being implemented. It's really not asking that much and I don't doubt for a second that you would be calling for it too, had the vote outcome been to remain. Or are we seriously expected to believe you would still be on here calling for another referendum?

Re your final question, I have already answered this numerous times. A second vote, if it's one that includes the option to remain as I have a hunch you would say it must, guarantees the EU won't bother giving us a half decent deal, and therefore guarantees an unsuccessful Brexit. Of course precisely what remainers seek to achieve, and so why they are so keen on another vote, as well as it giving them another shot at a vote they lost.

Maybe you can answer why you think another vote won't undermine our negotiators? I haven't had any remainer able to address that so far with anything more than a, "yes but I don't care".

You make the wrong assumption that it is a negotiation between equal partners. It is not, the EU is by far the stronger party so it sets the terms. Even more so because it is bound by treaties between 27 countries and it is not going to change its rules for the UK. The UK can never get the special bespoke cherry-picking deal they were looking for, only variations of already existing deals (Norway, Canada...).

But wait until the UK is desperate to get a deal with the USA, and then see how much power your negotiators have there.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

I think you have to look back a little further to see the impact of Brexit on the pound 1.60 down to 1.30 USD.

image.png.a0c0a2f3c4c59bbcece365d90914bc7d.png

You make the wrong assumption that it is a negotiation between equal partners. It is not, the EU is by far the stronger party so it sets the terms. Even more so because it is bound by treaties between 27 countries and it is not going to change its rules for the UK. The UK can never get the special bespoke cherry-picking deal they were looking for, only variations of already existing deals (Norway, Canada...).
But wait until the UK is desperate to get a deal with the USA, and then see how much power your negotiators have there.....
Where did I say anything about anyone being equal with anyone else? And you accuse me of making assumptions?!

Make a whopper yourself and completely avoid answering the question. Kind of what I expected though.

19 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Where did I say anything about anyone being equal with anyone else? And you accuse me of making assumptions?!

Make a whopper yourself and completely avoid answering the question. Kind of what I expected though.

The answer is that a new referendum does not weaken the position of the UK negotiators, because they are in a weak position already. The option to stay in the EU might actually give them more room to negotiate (if only the UK could make up its mind what it wants.....).

And I am not working at Burger King..... Wrong assumption.

Edited by whatsupdoc