At 'America First Energy Conference', solar power is dumb, climate change is fake

webfact

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Just follow the money-trail.  Who benefits if the fossil fuel industry is allowed to go unregulated?  Hint: It sure isn't the general public. 

General public will get screwed one way or the other. Well, at least those with a bit of money will.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

New Orleans is sinking because they built it on a swamp and are pumping out the groundwater.

Nothing to do with sea level changes which have been negligible over the last 50 years.

Roughly 50% of greater New Orleans lies above sea level. That’s the good news. The bad news: It used to be 100% before engineers accidentally sank half the city below the level of the sea.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/02/how-humans-sank-new-orleans/552323/

That said, rising sea levels due to global warming will make solutions much more complicated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Why would anybody be so ignorant to make a blanket statement that solar power is dumb?

A coal baron perhaps?

Coal is cool. 

I want a coal-powered car.

Next tRUmp will be touting the need to re-open buggy whip manufacturing plants.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

New Orleans is sinking because they built it on a swamp and are pumping out the groundwater.

Nothing to do with sea level changes which have been negligible over the last 50 years.

Its a song not a serious comment.

Best check your claim on levels though!

Roughly 97% of climate scientists agree that global warming is occurring and is human-caused.  So you know more than the scientists?  May we ask what your qualifications are to render such judgement?  Nevermind, you don't have any.

97% do not you show me where 97%agree and have not been proved false

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 3

27 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Its a song notheck your claim on levels though

A mate of mine has a beach house, been visiting him there for the past 50 years, the sea is still where it was, and his house is still dry.

Funny how all these sea level increases are places you've never been!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Try telling that to the people of Kiribati, whose islands are about to disappear into the Pacific.

That's easily explained by interglacial isostatic adjustment.

Newtok, Alaska didn't happen, as the same process will be lifting the tectonic plates in that area higher.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

'Nothing to do with sea level changes which have been negligible over the last 50 years.'

Try telling that to the people of Kiribati, whose islands are about to disappear into the Pacific. Or to the inhabitants of Newtok, a tiny village on the coast of Alaska that is about to be swallowed by the sea.

I think this graph speaks for itself:

12_seaLevel_left.gif

Source?

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A mate of mine has a beach house, been visiting him there for the past 50 years, the sea is still where it was, and his house is still dry.

Funny how all these sea level increases are places you've never been!

Your one subjective story has almost convinced me... can you show me a snowball to confirm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It's a scientific fact we're experiencing global warming due to manmade activity. Just as it is a scientific fact the earth is not flat and God didn't create it.

But there is no point in a discussion about this with non-believers, they won't be convinced until they drown, and even then they'll probably attribute it to something else.

Reminds me of a scene in 'Erik the Viking':