I Need a Help. I Have No Idea.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Was that the model that used to fall over on corners under the slightest provocation?

I don't think so, the Morris 1000 van I was in did sort of do that stuff when the front suspension collapsed...?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Start with small steps. First get a motorcycle licence. Then hire an automatic 100 - 125 cc scooter, and practice with that. Graduate to the bigger bikes as you acquire competence.

Going straight to a CBR with no experience sounds like a good suicide plan.

I dont know why people keep talking about same things. Never read comments?

I told over and over. I'm working mon-fri day everyday but ı can only do exam weekdays but im working. so i dont have time but after 24 sep ill be free. that time i can do it. 

I drive honda click 125cc before but big bike never. so ill practice of course before buy. of course ill not buy today and tomorrow go bangkok lol

1 hour ago, sananeamk0715 said:

R u retard or mongol or autistic what? I don't have motorcycle yet. I just asking to people I'm thinking about the buy. Why the hell you saying you look like ..... I didn't say I'm driving this motorcycle without license etc. I'm trying to do Thai driver license but no time. I'm working.

I guess you are not more than 20 years old. Because your message not make sense.

Do you not need a license for a Honda click?

• Like 1

I just rent for 2-3 days. Ride in countryside.

You need more experience then IMO.

Riding down dusty empty country roads for 3 days teaches you next to nothing, when compared to town rides against the local ‘Kamakasi populace’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having some experience on a scooter is good but a manual bike is another story.

You should take some driving lessons, either at a driving school or from someone you know and can ride a manual gear bike.

Alternatively watch some videos and try at a parking lot.

One wrong shift and there you go...

I bought mine on kaidee.com from private person but it's recommended you have a Thai person with you to make clear the green book is original and there's no finance outstanding on the bike.

Sample of purchase contract can be found on Internet. You and the seller need a copy of ID card or passport.

1 hour ago, transam said:

I don't think so, the Morris 1000 van I was in did sort of do that stuff when the front suspension collapsed...?

Actually, I was thinking of a Ford Prefect. Not to be confused with the Douglas Adams character.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Having some experience on a scooter is good but a manual bike is another story.

You should take some driving lessons, either at a driving school or from someone you know and can ride a manual gear bike.

Alternatively watch some videos and try at a parking lot.

One wrong shift and there you go...

I bought mine on kaidee.com from private person but it's recommended you have a Thai person with you to make clear the green book is original and there's no finance outstanding on the bike.

Sample of purchase contract can be found on Internet. You and the seller need a copy of ID card or passport.

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

You need more experience then IMO.

Riding down dusty empty country roads for 3 days teaches you next to nothing, when compared to town rides against the local ‘Kamakasi populace’

I have experience about like honda click 125cc style so much. But honda cbr style never ride before. Ower told me he can teach me. Even he said its different from honda click.

the owner is thai his wife is canadian also they baby etc.

Edited by sananeamk0715
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Actually, I was thinking of a Ford Prefect. Not to be confused with the Douglas Adams character.

The Prefect was exactly the same as an Anglia, different bling, though the Prefect name was disbanded way back....

1 hour ago, transam said:

The Prefect was exactly the same as an Anglia, different bling, though the Prefect name was disbanded way back....

A very subtle way of suggesting I'm showing my age.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A very subtle way of suggesting I'm showing my age.....

Nooo, am showing mine....?

Mum had an early Ford Anglia, I can remember the pre-motorway days and the long journey from Bristol to London in it...It is now either scrap or.....

anglia.jpg.b4a7fdcf3118c2f890f6b1c5777bfa87.jpg

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

Nooo, am showing mine....[emoji39]

Mum had an early Ford Anglia, I can remember the pre-motorway days and the long journey from Bristol to London in it...It is now either scrap or.....

anglia.jpg.b4a7fdcf3118c2f890f6b1c5777bfa87.jpg

Used to love them as’Custom car/hot rods’
One of my regrets, was not buying one that I saw in a breakers yard in Colliers Wood. It was a van version and sign-written as an ice-cream seller. Never will forget that cool vehicle!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Used to love them as’Custom car/hot rods’
One of my regrets, was not buying one that I saw in a breakers yard in Colliers Wood. It was a van version and sign-written as an ice-cream seller. Never will forget that cool vehicle!

The best one I saw at the Calder Raceway ( Australia ) was an Austin A30 that had a 5-litre V8 from a Ford stuffed into the engine bay. Could lay a lot of rubber down, but cornered like a hippo because it was way out of balance and an A30 was not designed for fast cornering in any case.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 12:57 AM, sananeamk0715 said:

I see. I think I’ll buy CBR 150 really like to color. And as my search top speed 130 km. It’s prettt enough for me.

If I ride from Surat Thani to Bangkok is that ok? How much gasoline I can spend?

Spend the 10.000 B more and get the CBR250. The colour shouldn't be too important if you buy

a 2nd hand bike.

Your ride from Surat to BKK will be a bit more fun on the 250cc and gas consumption will be the same. About 2.5 l/100 km.

Thai driver licence is important and so is a good accident insurance.

Good luck, ride savely.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 8:58 PM, sananeamk0715 said:

Yes I just apply Thai driver license around 2 days ago but I don't have enough time within weekdays for take a exam. When I have time I'll do it. I've been Thailand for 3 years but until now just  sometimes rent a car&motorcycle 2-3 days. I have Turkish driver license. Actually when I went DLT office they said if you translate to Thai your license from embassy then we can change. But I work in other province and no time to go Bangkok.

Could you answer my other questions? Thank you!

Look at this one: https://www.bahtsold.com/view/honda-cbr250r--331891

2 hours ago, maximillian said:

I cannot pay 55,000. For me maximum 40,000 but even 40,000 it's little bit difficult.

Anyway today I bought CBR 150R. I pay 15,000 Baht and pay again 15,000 Baht next month. So total 30,000 Baht.

Today I tried top speed it was 135 km but after 125 km motorcycle start to shaking(not shaking but dont know how to say) but until 125 km too easy. No problem. First time to ride kinda motorcyle he teach me in the beginner it was too difficult for me but after 1 hour I get used. Also drive to home alone which one  45 min far away from city center. But i didn't drive fast always follow around 80-90 km. may be 2-3 times try 125-135 km.

100,000 KM motorcycle. Do you guys think it's good? I'll upload photos from today.

and owner told me there's train surat to bkk. I can put inside train and can bring with me to bangkok. is that possible?

40486140_463666870804046_4941646236697493504_n.jpg

40479084_241631116435497_1459184571533754368_n.jpg

Edited by sananeamk0715

On 9/1/2018 at 8:28 PM, sananeamk0715 said:

I can put inside train and can bring with me to bangkok. is that possible?

Yes. Some info here (a few years old) https://www.thailandbytrain.com/Bikes_On_Trains.html

Plenty more out there using Google.

100,000 KM motorcycle. Do you guys think it's good?

It already has 100K on it, or are you asking will it reach 100K ??

I cannot pay 55,000. For me maximum 40,000 but even 40,000 it's little bit difficult.

Anyway today I bought CBR 150R. I pay 15,000 Baht and pay again 15,000 Baht next month. So total 30,000 Baht.

Today I tried top speed it was 135 km but after 125 km motorcycle start to shaking(not shaking but dont know how to say) but until 125 km too easy. No problem. First time to ride kinda motorcyle he teach me in the beginner it was too difficult for me but after 1 hour I get used. Also drive to home alone which one  45 min far away from city center. But i didn't drive fast always follow around 80-90 km. may be 2-3 times try 125-135 km.

100,000 KM motorcycle. Do you guys think it's good? I'll upload photos from today.

and owner told me there's train surat to bkk. I can put inside train and can bring with me to bangkok. is that possible?

40486140_463666870804046_4941646236697493504_n.jpg

40479084_241631116435497_1459184571533754368_n.jpg

Are you sure you should be riding a motorcycle on the open road here yet ? you appear to be insufficiently experienced to be riding a bike of this type and most certainly at higher speeds you could endanger your own life and those of others.   Be careful.   The shaking , could be more of a wheel imbalance perhaps so check the tyres very carefully for any bulges.   Can be a very small and almost undetectable one, caused often by hitting a pothole that over stress the the steel wire inside the tyre composition and thus forms a weakened area. The internal air pressure of the tyre then starts to push out over this effected area to form a bulge. This alone could be one cause of vibration (shaking) let alone other mechanical issues.

• Like 1

100,000 KM motorcycle. Do you guys think it's good?

100,000 Km on a 150 cc engine is quite a lot (2.5 times round the world)..I would expect it to need a major overhaul quite soon ...clutch,timing chain,valves,bearings,piston and rings not too expensive but a big job needs a good mechanic not to mess it up.

100,000 Km on a 150 cc engine is quite a lot (2.5 times round the world)..I would expect it to need a major overhaul quite soon ...clutch,timing chain,valves,bearings,piston and rings not too expensive but a big job needs a good mechanic not to mess it up.

Knowing the usual standard of Thai maintenance, it will probably be the first major overhaul that the bike has ever seen.

• Like 1

OP, go and rent different bikes. To get around town, a semi-automatic (Honda Wave / Yamaha Spark 115i / Honda Dream with 100-125 cc seems a good option to me.

Am renting an automatic scooter which is using a lot of fuel compared to a Honda Wave.

ERGONOMICS. Sit on the bike. Is it comfortable? I like the Suzuki GD 110, new for like 40,900 THB. A real clutch. It won't be fast, but then speed and especially top speed doesn't matter to me over here.

Before you pay 30,000 THB, I would have the bike checked. Especially its compression. I have had terrible trouble with used bikes. Check the owner. And see if some old man isn't selling his. Owned a decade... this kind of seller who has money and takes pride of ownership. And who has no financial need to rip off someone to make 5,000 THB more.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, johng said:

Come on,  use your head. I wouldn't pay 13,000 THB for that mileage. There are some with around 40 k km around with a lower asking price than this one.

• Like 1