Honda Scoopi

Badrabbit

Only a couple of months old and already the front disc is very rusty as is the wing mirror arms, where can I get better quality to replace these sub standard parts?
Tried a big bike shop but no have, Honda will just replace with more sub standard parts.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Er-indoors has had one for over 18 months with nothing like you describe happening.
Is it kept in a field?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Er-indoors has had one for over 18 months with nothing like you describe happening.

Is it kept in a field?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd Scoopi with this, replaced the disc on the first bike but that went rusty again after just a few weeks.20180905_182512.jpeg.ae46991ea5f63746c35b7ddce67c1da4.jpeg20180905_182501.jpeg.966ec3d25cc06125f491d643d3f9af9a.jpeg

If it happens after a few weeks then I'd just have Honda replace them on warranty all the time until they figure out a permanent fix ?

With the first year Africa Twins, Honda had rust issues with the spokes and replaced affected ones on warranty until for the second year model they updated the spokes to be more rust resistant.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1

If it happens after a few weeks then I'd just have Honda replace them on warranty all the time until they figure out a permanent fix [emoji846]

With the first year Africa Twins, Honda had rust issues with the spokes and replaced affected ones on warranty until for the second year model they updated the spokes to be more rust resistant.
I'll take the bike back next week and see if they will change.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, Badrabbit said:

No it's used daily and kept undercover, this is the 2nd Scoopi and both have the same problem.

If you keep it "under cover" by the means of a protective plastic blanket or tarpaulin, it surely will run into rust problems. As there is no circulation under that cover, the moisture which comes with cooler air in the evening cannot escape, will condensate thus producing rust. If you keep the scooter in a garage or even under the roof of your front yard uncovered, there will be enough air movement to prevent excessive rust buildup.

• Like 2

If you keep it "under cover" by the means of a protective plastic blanket or tarpaulin, it surely will run into rust problems. As there is no circulation under that cover, the moisture which comes with cooler air in the evening cannot escape, will condensate thus producing rust. If you keep the scooter in a garage or even under the roof of your front yard uncovered, there will be enough air movement to prevent excessive rust buildup.
It's kept under cover as in a car port, this I'm sure is about sub standard parts as I've not seen any other bikes with rust on the disc or mirror arms

Not impressed with wife's Scoopi-Doo; the overall quality is sub standard compared to my PCX.

Countless small problems over the years here and there, will change it out next year I think, for something else.
Agree this our 2nd Scoopi and now wishing we had gone for the move or click!

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Discs have no rust protection so the unused part may rust. Seeing as the mirrors have corroded too to me seems ambient conditions at your place. For chrome to rust like that I reckon there was perhaps poor plating "undercoat" (copper/nickel)..Our Honda has black mirror arms.

21 minutes ago, fxe1200 said:

Must be substandard then. Our Scoopy does not show any rust after five years.

Maybe Honda quality has gone downhill in the past 5 years. I have a 12 year old Honda Airblade and it looks as good as it did when new.