Parmesan Cheese? I don't think so.

giddyup

15 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself by making silly statements and suppositions?

I have never stated that I never consume anti-caking agents.

I asked why do they need to put food starch, cellulose and potassium sorbate in the grated hard cheese product, when the equivalent hard cheese product in the UK does not?

As to your ridiculous statement about Brits not getting around much.....should I really reply to that or are you already suitably embarrassed by such crass stupidity?

Even if I ignored that particular idiocy, I'm reasonably confident that I have visited more countries and places, more often, than you have.

Not only that, but I have done so of my own volition. 

As to retiring, I did that before I hit thirty.. Since then I have been free to travel whenever and wherever I wish.

Retiring to Thailand? Is that the pinnacle of your life's work? 

Seriously my friend, you are really fitting the stereotype. You really should stop.

Sorry I thought you didn't want to eat the anti caking agent in ground cheese as it is American crap.  I grind my own cheese and I assume you do to so why would you be posting about it?  Just to complain about some cheap American ground cheese?

I lived in Thailand in 1960's for a couple of years and I came back.  I live less than a mile from where I lived in the 60's now. 

It gives me a sense of continuity. 

I sailed around the world once and flew around the world once when I was in my 20's and then the military sent me to numerous other places.  I was a clerk.   

Here I can stay within range of a hospital and do a bit of sightseeing and commune with the forest monks. 

I wish I could have retired when I was 30.  You must be very smart.  I got the money from my parents so I didn't have to be that intelligent.  Dad bought the boat and taught me to sail when I was but a wee lad. 

Is retiring to to Thailand the pinnacle of my life's work?  I guess it is. 

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Sorry I thought you didn't want to eat the anti caking agent in ground cheese as it is American crap.  I grind my own cheese and I assume you do to so why would you be posting about it?  Just to complain about some cheap American ground cheese?

I lived in Thailand in 1960's for a couple of years and I came back.  I live less than a mile from where I lived in the 60's now. 

It gives me a sense of continuity. 

I sailed around the world once and flew around the world once when I was in my 20's and then the military sent me to numerous other places.  I was a clerk.   

Here I can stay within range of a hospital and do a bit of sightseeing and commune with the forest monks. 

I wish I could have retired when I was 30.  You must be very smart.  I got the money from my parents so I didn't have to be that intelligent.  Dad bought the boat and taught me to sail when I was but a wee lad. 

Is retiring to to Thailand the pinnacle of my life's work?  I guess it is. 

I am posting about it as it is the article featured in the topic and the one that you insist is tasty.  Remember?

Anyway, hopefully you can maintain your health and contribute positively to those around you.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

cornish sea salt 5555 what a poseur

https://www.cornishseasalt.co.uk/collections/sea-salt-crystals

Once again, a standard supermarket product; https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/cornish-sea-salt-225g

I can only reiterate that you appear so used to eating crap, that good quality produce is the height of snobbery to you.

Danish Sea Salt in a grinder; 

1726634_1.jpg

£0.69(30 baht). So we aren't talking some fancy product. Just good quality products from the outset. No additives. Just 100% Sea salt.

30 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

I can only reiterate that you appear so used to eating crap, that good quality produce is the height of snobbery to you.

You know nothing about me, other than the fact that I think the stuff you post is silly.

PS. I have Sea Salt in my larder. As well as Kosher Salt and regular salt. But I don't run around Forums screeching that other folks food choices are beneath me or whatever point you are trying to make.

Here is one for you. Grind your Real Italian Parmesan, toss it in the back of a 185 with all the rest of the gear, fly it out to a remote camp where its going to sit on a shelf nailed between two trees, and watch me break up the clumps with my fingers for your evening pasta (horrors.... the pasta may be Safeway Brand!).

Meanwhile, the rest of the folks just be shaking out that Green can. Untouched by dirty fingers.

Maybe if the food isnt up to your specs, you will starve.

Funny, the only time I ever got sick from cheese was in Europe. Maybe that artisan forgot to wash his hands after taking a dump and touched the cheese I ate.

Its ok to ride the High Horse, but ya got to get town once in a while.

Meanwhile, Im drinking Nescafe 3 in one cuz there wasnt a French Press in the Mall at Thapra. Ill live.

PS...Im only continuing to discuss this with you because I find it amazing that a Brit holds such attitudes. No wonder the Empire is gone.

Edited by Nyezhov

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You know nothing about me, other than the fact that I think the stuff you post is silly.

PS. I have Sea Salt in my larder. As well as Kosher Salt and regular salt. But I don't run around Forums screeching that other folks food choices are beneath me or whatever point you are trying to make.

Here is one for you. Grind your Real Italian Parmesan, toss it in the back of a 185 with all the rest of the gear, fly it out to a remote camp where its going to sit on a shelf nailed between two trees, and watch me break up the clumps with my fingers for your evening pasta (horrors.... the pasta may be Safeway Brand!).

Meanwhile, the rest of the folks just be shaking out that Green can. Untouched by dirty fingers.

Maybe if the food isnt up to your specs, you will starve.

Funny, the only time I ever got sick from cheese was in Europe. Maybe that artisan forgot to wash his hands after taking a dump and touched the cheese I ate.

Its ok to ride the High Horse, but ya got to get town once in a while.

Meanwhile, Im drinking Nescafe 3 in one cuz there wasnt a French Press in the Mall at Thapra. Ill live.

PS...Im only continuing to discuss this with you because I find it amazing that a Brit holds such attitudes. No wonder the Empire is gone.

Hope you don't mind if I don't bother to read further than the first paragraph of nonsense.

You tried anti-American and failed and now you are trying elitist. Increasingly pathetic.

My point is simply that we have less tolerance for unnecessary additives, hormones, chlorine etc

If you see that as anti-American and elitist, that's not my problem. You eat that crap if you are ok with it.

I am not, so I won't.

Even if I wanted dried grated hard cheese, I would use the product purchased in the UK. Not the US rubbish.

Or I could just grate it myself and take it along in a cool box.

You just have lower standards, that's all.

16 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Or I could just grate it myself and take it along in a cool box.

Dude we are tossing your cool box on the dock. What is this a garden party? 5555555 You be going to the bush!

17 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

You just have lower standards, that's all.

You know nothing about my standards, and your inner elitist is shining bright.

But I must confess, I love organic Brussell sprouts grown in individual sterile hydroponic pots under glass, harvested by Esperato speaking midgets in tuxedos and hand sorted so that each one is exact same size plus or minus a few microns and individually wrapped in a vacum glass bubble for freshness. The Pasha of the Sanjak of Novii Pazaar gets his from the same place. Sure beats those scuzzy sprouts grown in your filthy dirt on your polluted little island.

I sprinkle Newfoundland sea salt on mine, because the Atlantic Ocean is so much cleaner vis a vis that off Cornwall.....We all know Cornish sea salt is for poseurs.

See you for dinner Monty, Pip Pip. I have a lovely Marmite pudding for you. Watch your sodium mind you.