One of two tsunami warning buoys not working since October last year

webfact

One of two tsunami warning buoys not working since October last year

By The Thaiger

phuket-1-wkHFCih.jpg

One of the tsunami buoys, part of the warning system for the Andaman Coast, has been broken since last year.

GMM 25 news quotes the Director of the the National Disaster Warning Centre (NDWC) Suppapimit Paorik as saying… “Only one Tsunami warning buoy is still working. There are two of them. One of them remains broken since October last year.

We believe that fishermen tied their fishing boat to the Tsunami warning buoy to drop an anchor. The Tsunami buoy has been broken.”

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/one-of-two-tsunami-warning-buoys-not-working-since-october-last-year

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-05
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, toenail said:

This does not surprise me... look around, maintenance is not in Thai’s thinking. Build / implement something new and watch it fall apart. How many of their security cameras are always broken down? No accountability 

Thais are not good in preventive maintenance ... not in their culture. They use equipment until they break down and then repair them. 

• Like 2

Read in initial reports that the Indonesian buoys were also not working and look what happened to 1500 (so far) of them.

I have not seen this confirmed or denied as yet so cannot say it is accurate.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

The street light outside my place was out of action for about four years, they fixed it and shortly after it failed again. Still waiting for it to be fixed.

If a simple thing like a street light isn't checked now and again what chance has other stuff got..????

Do not worry, all is in hand, it will be repaired in.......3 years and nine months from today....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, transam said:

The street light outside my place was out of action for about four years, they fixed it and shortly after it failed again. Still waiting for it to be fixed.

????

You must of course phone them about the problem, and it will be fixed within a day or two.

19 hours ago, steelepulse said:

This can't be right.  Our new governor said everything is perfect.

>>>Phuket Governor assures Phuket “we’re ready to handle any tsunami”

Moses parted the sea, the Guvnor will fart at the sea!