500+ Foreigners Arrested In New Nationwide Raids

webfact

18 hours ago, lkv said:

What makes you think that people staying long on tourist visas are being affected, where did you come up with that?

I am staying long on tourist visas and that's not what concerns me, they can bl#w me as far as I am concerned since I am not on overstay.

It's the vibe of a nanny state I am having a problem with, along with racial profiling, this coming from one of the most corrupted institutions, Royal Thai Police, and a non democratic administration.

Yes, anyone should be able to come in and stay as long as they want.

Racial profiling is an effective tool in law enforcement.

So for example, if Immigration look at the stats and say "7 out of every 10 Africans we question in Nana
have broken some type of law", does it not make sense to target them".

That's not racism, that's good policing.

Thank you Mr. Bigot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Racial profiling is an effective tool in law enforcement.

So for example, if Immigration look at the stats and say "7 out of every 10 Africans we question in Nana

have broken some type of law", does it not make sense to target them".

That's not racism, that's good policing.

Is it not Thai government responsibility to tighten visa criteria / assessment for those source countries nationals who have a high ratio of breaching visa conditions - makes more sense.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lkv said:

What makes you think that people staying long on tourist visas are being affected, where did you come up with that?

I am staying long on tourist visas and that's not what concerns me, they can bl#w me as far as I am concerned since I am not on overstay.

It's the vibe of a nanny state I am having a problem with, along with racial profiling, this coming from one of the most corrupted institutions, Royal Thai Police, and a non democratic administration.

It's their country

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OmarZaid said:

It's their country

Ah ok.

Now that you've said that, I feel much better, and getting much less of that negative vibe i was getting yesterday ????

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I think this is as much about corruption as it is soley immigration issues.

Just how many were found/suspected to have "bought" their stay ?

You can buy retirement extension from Thaivisa for stay so what's illegal about that. 

20 hours ago, lkv said:

I'm kind of getting tired of this pre election "we want to look good" nationalistic abuse.

They are just taking people off the street because it's picture time.

I also don't agree with, "well if you haven't done anything wrong, it doesn't affect you" logic.

Several options are available to you, from giving TV a break for a while, to a more radical, don't get a re-entry permit, one way will do!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Photo caption:

"Thai lady tell me black man is very big. So you have to go."

BIG.jpg

EXACTLY the problem. Thai inferiority complex. Black faces not welcome here. Please mail your checks in and we will consider your request. Checks are non-refundable, regardless of decision.

12 hours ago, the guest said:

Only western ppl make a big deal out of racism. The east and most parts of the world consider it as normal behavior to protect the culture, language and race of a country, many countries (which are the majority) are not multi-cultural. If you don't like racism, perhaps Thailand isn't the place for you.

If that were true in Thailand, then the sale of whitening products would cease together with the nose operations and the breast enlargements etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rhys said:

Racial profiled?

What's wrong with racial profiling? It is perfectly legal in Thailand where the police profile people most likely to be illegal. It is also sensible......why drag in a load of old white guys on retirement visas? Oh and by the way, police in the UK and UK use racial profiling as do the immigration looking for terrorists despite it being illegal.....just look at the number of blacks stopped and searched in the US vs whites adjusted for population....oh and the police shoot the blacks there as well.

I'm kind of getting tired of this pre election "we want to look good" nationalistic abuse.

They are just taking people off the street because it's picture time.

I also don't agree with, "well if you haven't done anything wrong, it doesn't affect you" logic.
It's been that opposite actually. The scum in the pic front and center have had a good run over the years. Time to boot them OUT!
  • Like 2