Which helmet should I choose?

frede99

11 hours ago, soihok said:

First accident I had on a bike was when a dog ran out into the road and I went over the bars.  ...

My first and only accident (in Thailand, naturally), a couple kids on a Honda 50 ran across the road and I hit them broadside.  I went over the bars and landed off the side of the road on a downward sloping ditch embankment, fortunately. I was lucky - no face plant, no road rash.  Full-face helmets were rare back then, I just had a regular one (not an acorn cap type).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm hearing the full face helmets loud and clear. Thanks.

I hate seeing farangs with no helmet but the absolute worst for me is the farangs cruising to the shops with their kid and both have no helmet. It's like a feeling of seeing a bunch of glue sniffers in the 80's

I never was a glue sniffer, but you can add me to your list above.

I'll be the odd one out on this topic, but then i'm generally the odd one out on most things.

Pretty much all my life, and that's just the way i like  it - Ah ha  ah ha.

Carry on worrying guys, and don't forget to look both ways as y'all cross the road...... it's dangerous out there.....

I never was a glue sniffer, but you can add me to your list above.

I'll be the odd one out on this topic, but then i'm generally the odd one out on most things.

Pretty much all my life, and that's just the way i like  it - Ah ha  ah ha.

Carry on worrying guys, and don't forget to look both ways as y'all cross the road...... it's dangerous out there.....

I sincerely hope it never happens but there are no ‘odd ones out’ in a Trauma Ward. Everyone isn’t looking at their best (I wasn’t 2 months ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I'm glad you want to discuss this topic, as it's important to wear a good helmet no matter what budget. 

This Real helmet I bought only cost me 600baht, and I bought it in Helmet2home. The reason for this cheap price was on the top it missing a little bit color. But I tried a lot of Real helmets and noone else felt that good for my head. Absolutely one of my best buys! 

Like Humpty Dumpty if you crack your head open it wont be put back together again. If you are going to ride at high speeds you want the best helmet you can afford. I bought an Icon Airframe helmet. Easy to change visors and the padding unsnaps for easy cleaning. Also have great ventilation which you can either open or close the vents. Do a google search as they have many models.

s-l1600.jpg