MG ZS 1.5 X

troniccrypt

Hello, 

Tomorrow i am going to purchase a MG ZS 1.5 X for 789k from a maindealer as a runaround for my wife and kids. 

I was wondering if anyone here can give me any feedback with regards to MG ZS ownership experience. 

Interested in the remote control by voice aspect. Know that it is in Thai language only, wonder if it is possible to change that. 

Also, with respect to the Maindealer. I am a cash buyer. The quoted price is 789k. Is there any value haggling? Maybe offer 750k and throw in a couple of gourds. 

Seems the car is fully loaded. So don't know what I can add. 

Finally, I asked about the ability to drive abroad (laos, Malaysia, etc) and queried if the standard Thai license plate was sufficient, the dealer said yes. But I only see numeric number plates with Thailand written on it overseas. Am I missing something here. 

Cheers for any feedback. 

I don't own that model, but for cash it's always good to try to haggle shop around and ask for freebies that usually they give if you ask, and whatever the dealer tells you, take it with a pinch of salt, those guys knowledge about other information is very limited beyond selling you a car and say yes to everything only to relieve you of your money and get you out of the showroom... 

• 1 month later...

Any feedback on the car ? Seen a lot of them yesterday on koh samui and good looking little thing in black and when I looked it up online it seems packed with stuff . Thinking about one for the wife to pop down the shops in etc and the few comments I seen from owners on thai visa seemed quite positive.

Update. Made the purchase. Bought the ZS and gave it to my wife. 

She has driven it for 6 weeks now and really loves it. The children are happy too. Parking is the simplest thing ever thanks to the rear, side and front sensors and the rear camera. 

The car is fully loaded, even comes with a crash camera and its own phone number. The onboard system is amazing. So many features that I printed the manual. The satnav is amazingly accurate. 

I have driven it twice now, only short distances and it handles really well. 

I think this car is excellent value. It is safe and drives smoothly. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

Update. Made the purchase. Bought the ZS and gave it to my wife. 

She has driven it for 6 weeks now and really loves it. The children are happy too. Parking is the simplest thing ever thanks to the rear, side and front sensors and the rear camera. 

The car is fully loaded, even comes with a crash camera and its own phone number. The onboard system is amazing. So many features that I printed the manual. The satnav is amazingly accurate. 

I have driven it twice now, only short distances and it handles really well. 

I think this car is excellent value. It is safe and drives smoothly. 

So what did you pay for it? any discount.

• Like 1

The MG is a cheap ride, the gizmo's "please", but that is just modern day tech..If you tap the wing on one you may feel why they are cheap...I have...

To me it is a Chinese ride with a bought name...If it was called (CMM) Chow Ming Motors would folk still buy it..?    ????

50 minutes ago, transam said:

The MG is a cheap ride, the gizmo's "please", but that is just modern day tech..If you tap the wing on one you may feel why they are cheap...I have...

To me it is a Chinese ride with a bought name...If it was called (CMM) Chow Ming Motors would folk still buy it..?    ????

Not sure how many Thais have a clue about the MG heritage, so it might as well be called a CMM.

• Haha 1

The designs looks good and the quality might be ok, but I would be more worried about the lack of spare parts. There are stories on the MG message boards of people having to wait 2 to 3 months for a windshield as these are imported by SAIC from China. Also the fact that certain "cheap" parts such as oil filters, air filters, etc are way more expensive than their Japanese counter parts. 

4 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

No discount. 785k. Got some car mats :). Lol

For a run around town car, it is brilliant. For long distance drives I would not be so keen.

Suits my wife and kids for the daily school run and trips to the shops.

You bought it for your wife, and if she likes it that's all that really matters. There will be no benefit in canvassing members for their opinions.

57 minutes ago, troniccrypt said:

No discount. 785k. Got some car mats :). Lol

For a run around town car, it is brilliant. For long distance drives I would not be so keen.

Suits my wife and kids for the daily school run and trips to the shops.

You never had a Morris Marina then.....????

12 hours ago, Matt the Cat said:

The Chinese are catching up for sure just don't tell a local where it's made or they might get very angry, to say the least, as they thought they bought an English car. ????  

Yes, a Morris Garages (MG) ride....:whistling: