The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

55 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Well, that was exciting... Probably one of the most boring games to watch, although if we're scraping the barrel for positives - clean sheet, 1 point - not ideal really is it.

Outstanding result for this outfit

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Serious question. Why did United buy Van Der Beek?

I think because we know Pogba is going, either in Jan or end of the season. It's been a slow start for him but it's a long season and he'll have a long career. 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Patrice Evra has told Donny van de Beek Manchester United don't need him and questioned the club's decision to bring him in.

I love Evra but I think he must feel stupid going on that rant now we've won a couple of games. Looking for something to get emotional about obviously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Van De Beek should just head back to Amsterdam.

Tuanzebe should join him....crazy team choice that and pulled off Mata when he was actually playing really well.

Toothless and clueless both managers yesterday.

You don't know what you're talking about. It was an edgy, tight game at a tricky time if the season between two big sides that couldn't afford to lose. We were the better team and could have nicked it.

VDB will get plenty of opportunities.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. It was an edgy, tight game at a tricky time if the season between two big sides that couldn't afford to lose. We were the better team and could have nicked it.

Nothing to see here.

two big sides?....as in "Rick Big" ya <deleted>in unit....

• Haha 1

As mentioned a great result for united but the talk of top sides is stretching reality. Chelsea are under performing bit have potential but united are not even the united most would realise you are referring to as a top side. 

Leeds united and sheffield united will finnish above this united this year.

Sheffield united currently occupy one of the bottom spots but it's clear they are a better side than united.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nothing to see here.

What happened after the last win in Paris? I always used to say we dont play well after a Champions league game

Nothing to see here.

Funny I saw two overrated coaches fiddling whilst Rome burns.

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Funny I saw two overrated coaches fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Ole is overrated? Who exactly is rating him so highly?

You chose to watch a game which was 0-0. As a neutral it's not fun. I'm sorry about that. But it wasn't a terrible performance by either side. Chelsea can be the more concerned that they didn't create much.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As a neutral it's not fun. I'm sorry about that. 

But whilst the City match was on, you said you were waiting till the big guns were playing.  After that I got all pumped up hoping these big guns would show us how entertaining football should be played. 

Big guns = damp squids

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But whilst the City match was on, you said you were waiting till the big guns were playing.  After that I got all pumped up hoping these big guns would show us how entertaining football should be played. 

Big guns = damp squids

Damp squids? ????????????

I'm not arguing that squids are damp, but you might wanna check that phrasing mate.... Btw I actually have no idea what 'squib' means 

Big guns often cancel each other out and result in poor games. 2003 CL final and Italia 90 final off the top of my head. 

Damp squids? ????????????

I'm not arguing that squids are damp, but you might wanna check that phrasing mate.... Btw I actually have no idea what 'squib' means 

Big guns often cancel each other out and result in poor games. 2003 CL final and Italia 90 final off the top of my head. 

Don't think my predictive text knows what a squib is

• Like 1

De Beek is the biggest mystery to me. Why bring an expensive player and bench him game after game.  Clearly he is a better quality player than James !

He plays for Holland, a top player but Ole doesn't seem to think so, he'd rather play James.   James looked hopeless with the ball yesterday, as he always does. The kid knows how to run, that's all. 

Edited by balo

Ole is overrated? Who exactly is rating him so highly?

You chose to watch a game which was 0-0. As a neutral it's not fun. I'm sorry about that. But it wasn't a terrible performance by either side. Chelsea can be the more concerned that they didn't create much.

Both sides were poor really with a sprinkling of talent on show individually....mostly from Utd.

Certainly not champions on show...far from it.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Both sides were poor really with a sprinkling of talent on show individually....mostly from Utd.

I agree if we played that 11 every week we wouldn't win the league. But you need to make use of your squad to win the league.

Chelsea arguably played more of their big players.

7 minutes ago, balo said:

De Beek is the biggest mystery to me. Why bring an expensive player and bench him game after game.  Clearly he is a better quality player than James !

He plays for Holland, a top player but Ole doesn't seem to think so, he'd rather play James.   James looked hopeless with the ball yesterday, as he always does. The kid knows how to run, that's all. 

How are you getting on with the font Balo?

8 minutes ago, balo said:

Gets even worse, he brought on 2 players who are not fit, Pogba and Cavani DVB could have played in one of 4 positions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A boring game, but I'd say United looked better organized than Chelsea. What's Frankie up to? Chelsea ought to bring back Conte.:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No. You normally get awarded a penalty, which then gives you a boost. You didn't get one last night but got away with Chelsea not being awarded one.

How many of the penalties we've been awarded have you disagreed with?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

How many of the penalties we've been awarded have you disagreed with?

You've been awarded that many I can't remember them all. I'm sure they were all 100% nailed on and not a soft one given at all.

BTW. Do you think Chelsea should have got one last night when Maguire headlocked Azpi....... (i think it was)?

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You've been awarded that many I can't remember them all. I'm sure they were all 100% nailed on and not a soft one given at all.

BTW. Do you think Chelsea should have got one last night when Maguire headlocked Azpi....... (i think it was)?

Of course it was a pen. But technically so was the one when Rashford gets kicked in the shin. That got reviewed and not given.

Did you see the one Ramos won yesterday? What did you think of that? 

I agree if we played that 11 every week we wouldn't win the league. But you need to make use of your squad to win the league.

Chelsea arguably played more of their big players.

You were better than the chavs its true  but just no teeth in the final third....you looked like us a year ago in fact...and for many years against parkthebus.com...Frank is gonna be out if he carries on tactically like that.

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

A boring game, but I'd say United looked better organized than Chelsea. What's Frankie up to? Chelsea ought to bring back Conte.:ph34r:

Frank is way out of depth now...he's been given the players and an equal dose of pressure and he's struggling tactically cos its fine margins at this level.

Not his fault really but leaves the chavs with a huge problem.

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Of course it was a pen. But technically so was the one when Rashford gets kicked in the shin. That got reviewed and not given.

Did you see the one Ramos won yesterday? What did you think of that? 

In the shin? I must have been watching a different match. The one I saw reviewed was a tap on the back of his foot

As for the Ramos one. He tugged his shirt and so gave the ref a decision to make. Stupid doing that nowadays in the box