The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

The bar isn't very high, to be honest. At this point, I would almost accept anyone who has made their team actually play as a team.

Nuno Espirito Santo for me and bring back Ronaldo as a player. Portugeezers do well at United.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

Nuno Espirito Santo for me and bring back Ronaldo as a player. Portugeezers do well at United.

Good shout, Ronaldo I doubt would not come back, 35 is he? 

Why do clubs always want to employ managers that have been sacked, to me just go out there and get the best manager around pay the compensation would cost a lot less than a top CB otherwise go and get Sam Alladyce

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Good shout, Ronaldo I doubt would not come back, 35 is he? 

Why do clubs always want to employ managers that have been sacked, to me just go out there and get the best manager around pay the compensation would cost a lot less than a top CB otherwise go and get Sam Alladyce

I know big Sam personally but not someone who I would want to be manager. He can't lie straight in bed.

• Like 1

I heard a good quote the other day, Ole and his coaching it's like they are learning on the job, Phelan seemed to do ok under Sir Alex, Carrick was just a good player and McKenna was just a youth team coach was he not at Spurs at one time?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer opens up on Manchester United plans

Man United are 15th in the Premier League table and the manager is under the cosh but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still planning for the future. Good luck with that Ole

Simple really isn't it, we play a lot better with 2 more defensive minded midfielders in the team.

There are too many no 10s at the club. One of Fernandes, VDB or Pogba needs to go and it's obvious which one, unless Pogba can be reinvented as a left sided forward, where he played when he came on.

@JonnyF will you be blessing us with an analysis, or should we only expect you when United lose? Who are your team playing this weekend, anything to say about them? 

Absolutely right Ole. Play Wednesday night and then Saturday morning while teams that played on Tuesday playing on Sunday.

About time he stopped being Mr Nice Guy all the time and gave the powers that be some <deleted> every now and then. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Absolutely right Ole. Play Wednesday night and then Saturday morning while teams that played on Tuesday playing on Sunday.

About time he stopped being Mr Nice Guy all the time and gave the powers that be some <deleted> every now and then. 

You lot were silent when we were playing twice in 48 hrs.

Typical whining Utd nonsense.

And why are you hated I wonder?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You lot were silent when we were playing twice in 48 hrs.

Typical whining Utd nonsense.

And why are you hated I wonder?

I bet Jose wasn't silent though was he? And that's my point, Ole needs to take a little bit... just a little bit... from Jose's book in issues like this. 

I didn't even know you played twice in 48 hours but that sounds like poor scheduling as well. 

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah it's almost like theirs a cold war subliminal  tennis game going on between the fa , the prem and uefa. Who can be the  least helpful to the other   and  not be called out for it.. with the clubs as the tennis  ball.. the negative is the top clubs need and buy more and better players .. if there is a positive .. doas it give the non euro competing clubs better rest and recovery .. maybe givin them more of a chance.. clutchin at straws .. but something needs to be sortedits ridiculous,    spurs finish at 8 on Thursday and play on Sunday midday.. <deleted>in madness..   good win today for you  .  They won't get rid of olle.. will they ... ? But The romours just won't go awaya.2 me it'll be a touch stupid.. but NOTHING in footie surprises me..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Simple really isn't it, we play a lot better with 2 more defensive minded midfielders in the team.

There are too many no 10s at the club. One of Fernandes, VDB or Pogba needs to go and it's obvious which one, unless Pogba can be reinvented as a left sided forward, where he played when he came on.

@JonnyF will you be blessing us with an analysis, or should we only expect you when United lose? Who are your team playing this weekend, anything to say about them? 

Didn’t see the game yet so you’ll have to wait. Always nice to have a stalker though ????.

I’m sure most opposition fans will be happy that OGS keeps his job a while longer. He does have the knack of pulling a result out every now and then. You’re up to 14th now, happy days ????.

52 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Didn’t see the game yet so you’ll have to wait. Always nice to have a stalker though ????.

I’m sure most opposition fans will be happy that OGS keeps his job a while longer. He does have the knack of pulling a result out every now and then. You’re up to 14th now, happy days ????.

Onwards and Upwards hey?

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I'll admit I was surprised by the result given the schedule thats crazy now United pick up 3 injures, now we have a 2 week break for some players 

Is just me or is there an international break about every month these days? You'd think they'd minimise it given the current circumstances.

54 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Is just me or is there an international break about every month these days? You'd think they'd minimise it given the current circumstances.

I think 3 games but one is a friendly does that really need to be played?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought I'd share this information from the recent article

'Just how bad have things become? Charting United’s decline since Ferguson left'

*clubelo =

http://clubelo.com/

mufc_league_finishes.png

mufc_clubelo-2048x1024.png

image-1.png

mufc_manager_xg.png

Absolute shocker isn't it.... I mean who would have thought there'd be a drop off in performance after the greatest manager of all time leaves?

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Absolute shocker isn't it.... I mean who would have thought there'd be a drop off in performance after the greatest manager of all time leaves?

You've not realised have you, that you can use the info to assess and compare the success or failures of all of your managers SINCE rednose. Your welcome.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've not realised have you, that you can use the info to assess and compare the success or failures of all of your managers SINCE rednose. Your welcome.

Most United fans have watched the team since then, so we don't need your little table. Also, the win% etc is subjective because of the quality of the opposition that year, money spent by the manager etc etc

As usual, your sports data scientist act isn't getting very far.

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Most United fans have watched the team since then, so we don't need your little table. Also, the win% etc is subjective because of the quality of the opposition that year, money spent by the manager etc etc

As usual, your sports data scientist act isn't getting very far.

In fairness, Mourinho said in an interview with BEin that his biggest achievement in football was getting United to 2nd spot in the PL in 2017/18 because of how poor the squad he had. He got proved right afterwards

Just now, mrbojangles said:

In fairness, Mourinho said in an interview with BEin that his biggest achievement in football was getting United to 2nd spot in the PL in 2017/18 because of how poor the squad he had. He got proved right afterwards

In fairness to what? I'm not disputing that.

BB might have unwittingly raised an interesting point though..... right now I would say the Ole In/Out camps are about 50/50. Ole's stats look bad, but I would say at no point during the Ole era have the fans (in general) been as exasperated as we were at times under LVG and Jose (Moyes not worth mentioning).  The reasons for that are as follows:

1. Glimpses of what's to come - when we are bad we are bad, but there are also plenty of victories against big teams under Ole, and many of them have been excellent performances.

2. Style of play - not sure I need to expand on this one. This was a major concern under LVG and Mourinho

3. Building for the future - it's a cliche, but the potential of Greenwood, and the continuing development of Rashford, Martial and McTominay under Ole suggests that we are set to steadily improve.

4. - Bruno - the most inspiring player post-Fergie, which certainly doesn't harm Ole's chances

Look... he might be gone next week depending on results. But in Ole's case I think it's fair to say that stats really don't tell the whole story in terms of how he is viewed / the progress he has made.