The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Manchester United player ratings: Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes good vs West Ham

Paul Pogba, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford scored for Man United against West Ham at the London Stadium and here's how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-rashford-19407059

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Pogba's agent saying his client needs another club. United should move heaven and earth to help him do just that. They will have to accept a big loss on him because he has too much of the soiled goods look about him.

What a surprise. He is not happy  at United. I wonder if he has ever been happy anywhere. Attention seeking c#ck. 
I would cash in. He will never be a team player and the team would bond much better without him. It’s not like his performances will be missed.......apart from the odd lucky strike ????

3 hours ago, champers said:

Pogba's agent saying his client needs another club. United should move heaven and earth to help him do just that. They will have to accept a big loss on him because he has too much of the soiled goods look about him.

I think he was on his way out anyway. I'm glad, but as usual his agent is taking the <deleted> with this coming out on the eve of a major game.

Not sure we will have to take a massive loss. This is a World Cup winner and big shirt seller etc

Ogs preferred defensive style of play ie hapi to sit deep in defense and respond effectively on the counter ie the same style as our  manager. DOESNT suit pogba.  He's a talent NO doubt but he neither doas a defensive shift or adds goals .. so effectively atm hes a square peg in a round hole.. imo psg's style/formation would suit him, think he's blown any hopes of real Madrid or barca coming in for him.. maybe bac to juve?    or if Erickson leaves and some 'budget' gets freed up   Conte at inter? if he's still top after Xmas he'll be keen to strengthen. But this  media talk has gone on to long for there not to be any truth in it.. and with  the euros comin up... He NEEDS to be starting regularly.

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What a surprise. He is not happy  at United. I wonder if he has ever been happy anywhere. Attention seeking c#ck. 
I would cash in. He will never be a team player and the team would bond much better without him. It’s not like his performances will be missed.......apart from the odd lucky strike ????

Was that not his first goal in how long last week? 15 months I think

Ole will be saying tomorrow that "Paul is a good lad, he's had a bad time, we should feel sorry for him, he's working hard in training, I have no problem with him." etcetera ad nauseum. Ferguson would have been looking into whether there was a legal way he could have Pogba and Raiola beheaded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Ole will be saying tomorrow that "Paul is a good lad, he's had a bad time, we should feel sorry for him, he's working hard in training, I have no problem with him." etcetera ad nauseum. Ferguson would have been looking into whether there was a legal way he could have Pogba and Raiola beheaded.

Fergie wouldn't have bought Pogba. he had no time for mercenary agents which Raiola is the worst of the worst. He would never have got through the gates at Old Trafford. Furthermore, at the first sign of petulance from Pogba he would have offloaded him, which happened a couple of years ago or more.

I also find it hard to believe that he is popular in the dressing room. I have watched a number of matches where it was obvious that the other players were reluctant to pass to him. With his childishness and spoilt brat attitude I can only imagine that he is a destructive force in the dressing room. Fergie would have taken great pleasure in booting him and his agent out of Old Trafford.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, polpott said:

Fergie wouldn't have bought Pogba. he had no time for mercenary agents which Raiola is the worst of the worst. He would never have got through the gates at Old Trafford. Furthermore, at the first sign of petulance from Pogba he would have offloaded him, which happened a couple of years ago or more.

I also find it hard to believe that he is popular in the dressing room. I have watched a number of matches where it was obvious that the other players were reluctant to pass to him. With his childishness and spoilt brat attitude I can only imagine that he is a destructive force in the dressing room. Fergie would have taken great pleasure in booting him and his agent out of Old Trafford.

As my wife once said "You Play Slow We Pay Slow"

Agree with the first bit, and he can be frustrating on the pitch, but by all accounts he is a decent lad. His problem is he lets Raiola do what he does.... but that guy has made him a lot of money. Maybe in years to come he will regret letting his agent give him a reputation which is not reflective of his character.

But on the flip side, with Raiola's contacts don't be surprised to see Pogba at Real Madrid. And if that is where he wants to be, then job done. 

• Like 1

As my wife once said "You Play Slow We Pay Slow"

The end is in sight, sell ASAP. I think this news could inspire United to a victory Tuesday night. What a time to drop this news by his dirty fat agent. I really don't know if Pogba knew he was going to come out with this. It doesn't matter if he did or not, but I think Pogba would like to leave the club on peaceful terms. Whatever it will be a joyful day the day he leaves.

I think Ole said Cavani + Martial didn't travel. In that case I would go:

DDG

AWB   Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred  Matic

Mata      Fernandes  Rashford

Greenwood

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think Ole said Cavani + Martial didn't travel. In that case I would go:

DDG

AWB   Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred  Matic

Mata      Fernandes  Rashford

Greenwood

You forgot Lingard

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka poor vs RB Leipzig

Man United are out of the Champions League after losing to RB Leipzig and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-leipzig-19423218

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

The formation was understandable but certain personnel gave United a negative look, invited Leipzig onto them and they were hammered. 3