The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

United enter the David Alaba transfer race with a serious offer according to reports.

What do you reckon? I think he's only 28 left footed and United could get him on a Free 

A versatile player, Alaba has played in a multitude of roles, including central midfield and right and left wing, but primarily plays as a centre-back or left-back.

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

United enter the David Alaba transfer race with a serious offer according to reports.

What do you reckon? I think he's only 28 left footed and United could get him on a Free 

A versatile player, Alaba has played in a multitude of roles, including central midfield and right and left wing, but primarily plays as a centre-back or left-back.

Looks a top player. Not sure why Bayern haven't extended his contract.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Bit of Mc Neill history .Was at Man U as a child, went to the Man City Academy for 7 years during which he scored 600 goals I was told by my Carrington contact. Didn't believe that so checked  that stat on Google if it was a typo, it wasn't.  Has also played plenty of rep football just hope he doesn't turn out to be another James Wilson who looked a real prospect ,got injured ,fell out of form and is now playing for Salford at 25 years of age. 

Happy Christmas to all MU posters and even the "haters" Hope United current resurgence with the young signings being made continues.

Happy Christmas @Sparkles

With City Football Group's amazing track record of blooding youngsters I'm shocked he chose to move across town.....

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Bit of Mc Neill history .Was at Man U as a child, went to the Man City Academy for 7 years during which he scored 600 goals I was told by my Carrington contact. Didn't believe that so checked  that stat on Google if it was a typo, it wasn't.  Has also played plenty of rep football just hope he doesn't turn out to be another James Wilson who looked a real prospect ,got injured ,fell out of form and is now playing for Salford at 25 years of age. 

Happy Christmas to all MU posters and even the "haters" Hope United current resurgence with the young signings being made continues.

What you say is true, I think his contract was up and he choose to go back to United

Manchester United player ratings: Paul Pogba and Eric Bailly impress vs Everton

Man Utd won 2-0 against Everton in the Carabao Cup quarter-final at Goodison Park and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-player-ratings-everton-19515422

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

The United lads are full to the brim with confidence at the moment. Not a pretty picture.:annoyed:

I must admit I didn't watch the game I knew Ole would make loads of changes and I thought Everton would be up for the game, I was surprised when I did see the result, Bring on City now

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I must admit I didn't watch the game I knew Ole would make loads of changes and I thought Everton would be up for the game, I was surprised when I did see the result, Bring on City now

City in the semis and Brentford in the final.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

With the way the squad as a whole is performing right now I do fancy us vs City Football Group.

I wonder whether it will be a different type of game from the tight 0-0. 

Probably only needs to field the U18s to beat City.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

How's.bailly been playing... Is his situ beyond repair... When Jose signed him for you he looked 100% the part a world class CB.   has his injuries so put him bac he can't be relied on?  seems Such a waste of top draw talent...

Funny how you post this within 24 hours of a very solid performance from Bailly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Funny how you post this within 24 hours of a very solid performance from Bailly. 

Yeah. I saw he started.. didn't see the game tho..which was sort of why I asked and that the paper talk is your lookin for a new CB.   .... Cos when he originally signed to say I was a fan was an understatement   I thought he was, arguably, one of the best if not the best center bac i'de seen sign for...anyone in the prem for years.. a rolls Royce... But as you know, rightly or wrongly the prem and it's impatient waits for no one... Just a shame if he gets wasted

23 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The FA has leaked out Arsenal's fixture list for next season,
Arsenal v Gillingham
Leyton Orient v Arsenal
Arsenal v Preston 
hahahah 

I don't think The Orient next season. Although we live in hope.

That life-long United supporter Rick Ashley, reckons Arsenal are bending over backwards to recruit Arsene Wenger. 

Were they stupid to let him go; or what!?

Edited by owl sees all

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's a must not lose game today, Uniteds away form might be an advantage as Leicesters home form is about the same as Uniteds I'll go for 3-2 to United. 

Its a "must win" game. It could well prove to be a 6 pointer by the end of the season.