Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

59 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Pipe down until you've actually achieved something in living memory. Our seasons could end up the same. The only difference will be that you qualify for a competition you are never going to win. 

No chance, the amount of shit I've had to put up with from United fans when we were down and you were up. 

It's outrageously laughable that you would consider our seasons ending up the same and the difference being minimal. On another planet pal.

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What  the <deleted> were Spurs medical staff doing allowing Vertonghen to come back on like that. 

Depends how qualified they are and have they dealt with concussion cases as that would appear what he was suffering from.

Due to so many ageing Australian Rugby ex players suffering dementia and slurred speech they have introduced tougher guideines now which include a specific test on the sideline and a mantatory time before thay can play their next game based on extent of the damage suffered.Obviously Rugby players invariably get hit around the head more often but watching that last night I was amazed they let him return and the referee showed his concern but seemingly was told he was ok.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Depends how qualified they are and have they dealt with concussion cases as that would appear what he was suffering from.

It appears they were correct though. 

There was no concussion, they were not symptoms of concussion, just a big soft lad that didn't like the taste of his own blood. 

He was cleared immediately, and after the match doing interviews in the mix zone.

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

Dele & Eriksen are two regular players who should have lead

by example and took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Instead, they were the two biggest let downs, absolutely shocking

performances from the pair.

Not for the first time these two go hiding when it really matters

they just don't do it on the big stage.

In his first season Dele was looking like world class potential,

the last two seasons he's gone in to his comfort zone and doesn't 

seem to know how to step up when it matters.

Seems Alli loves the attention of the fancy flicks and nutmegs but went missing when they needed him to roll up his sleeves and set an example. 

Eriksen was disappointing. He is world class but never showed up. 

The only positive is it could and should have been a lot worse. You have Son back and there were signs In The second half that if you get at Ajax they are definitely beatable.  

Despite a really poor show you are still in it as your previous away form in this competition has shown. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Seems Alli loves the attention of the fancy flicks and nutmegs but went missing when they needed him to roll up his sleeves and set an example. 

The only positive is it could and should have been a lot worse. You have Son back and there were signs In The second half that if you get at Ajax they are definitely beatable.  

Despite a really poor show you are still in it as your previous away form in this competition has shown. 

Yeah, Son will be back but there's only so much he can do if he doesn't get the service from the likes of Eriksen & Dele.

If those two don't turn up in the 2nd leg it won't matter who plays

up front.

Poch needs to find a player next season that'll compete for Dele's

place in the team, that might give him the hunger he had when he 

first arrived at the club.

Eriksen on the other hand is prob thinking about his dream move 

this summer so I can understand why he's standard has dropped 

lately, wouldn't want to pick up an injury to ruin things for him.

One thing is for sure, Poch needs to give this team a big shake up this summer cos they certainly look like they're going stale. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah, Son will be back but there's only so much he can do if he doesn't get the service from the likes of Eriksen & Dele.

up front.

One thing is for sure, Poch needs to give this team a big shake up this summer cos they certainly look like they're going stale. 

Wouldn't argue much with the above but credit must be given to Ajax as well. Their defensive intensity had much to do with Spurs being out of sorts. As for Alli he's just about always been this way. Talented but a bit of a dilettante.

It is a pity that Spurs are missing Kane. He could make the difference. Watching Llorente is painful.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Alis been   liabilty for the last 3 .. 4 games . HE lost his marker for their goal  ..  <deleted> ... trouble is get  him in the box and BINGO   he''s effective ..  a spell on the bench to pic his arse up would probably work trouble is we just aint got anyone to come in.. player availiable  were <deleted>

Edited by 3 minus 2

After tonight I think we have a better chance to go through to the final than Liverpool..... Spurs away in Amsterdam. Why not ? We can do it again. 
IF our best players are starting!  

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It appears they were correct though. 

There was no concussion, they were not symptoms of concussion, just a big soft lad that didn't like the taste of his own blood. 

He was cleared immediately, and after the match doing interviews in the mix zone.

Just shows your ignorance of the effects of concussion.He seemingly recovered ,went back onto the field and was then staggering and had to be held up to get to the dressing room.Classic signs of concussion

Suggest you go to www.nrl.com/operations/theplayers/management-of-concussion and get up to speed.The facts are quite frightening

Players have been known to only know the true effects of the injury days/weeks after the incident.

In later life ,Dementia ,Parkinsons an slurred speech similar to a stroke victim

Stricter guidelines have been introduced in Australia & other countries firstly to protect players health and secondly to avoid not facing legal action for lack of duty of care.

Concussion is a very complex issue and requires specific study to actually assess a player, there are guidelines.

Well reported in the past  the effects of even continuously heading a heavy leather ball. Again you can use Google to relate to the likes of Nobby Styles and players from his era

The brain is not bag of potatoes its a very vunerable part of the body

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Just shows your ignorance of the effects of concussion.He seemingly recovered ,went back onto the field and was then staggering and had to be held up to get to the dressing room.Classic signs of concussion

Suggest you go to www.nrl.com/operations/theplayers/management-of-concussion and get up to speed.The facts are quite frightening

Players have been known to only know the true effects of the injury days/weeks after the incident.

In later life ,Dementia ,Parkinsons an slurred speech similar to a stroke victim

Stricter guidelines have been introduced in Australia & other countries firstly to protect players health and secondly to avoid not facing legal action for lack of duty of care.

Concussion is a very complex issue and requires specific study to actually assess a player, there are guidelines.

Well reported in the past  the effects of even continuously heading a heavy leather ball. Again you can use Google to relate to the likes of Nobby Styles and players from his era

The brain is not bag of potatoes its a very vunerable part of the body

He was assessed after he was substituted by a doctor and there were no signs of a concussion.  

He again went through tests yesterday and he was cleared of ANY concussion.

The club also confirmed there was no loss of consciousness while on the field.

A lot of ignorance in your assumptions of my knowledge, closely followed by arrogance. 

57 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Best to be careful in those situations....I'm happy he was taken off as a precaution.

I got memory loss once. Someone hit me over the head and i later found out they stole my chips

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I got memory loss once. Someone hit me over the head and i later found out they stole my chips

Twas your daughter put me up to it.

She told me she'd never tasted chips before.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He was assessed after he was substituted by a doctor and there were no signs of a concussion.  

He again went through tests yesterday and he was cleared of ANY concussion.

The club also confirmed there was no loss of consciousness while on the field.

A lot of ignorance in your assumptions of my knowledge, closely followed by arrogance. 

If you happened to be watching Sky Sports yesterday a leading London Neurologist Peter Hamlyn confirmed 3 minutes was nowhere near long enough to diagnose concussion and the rules need to be changed.He also confirmed the player suffered a presyncopal episode otherwise know as fainting,had a broken nose ,vomited and at one stage his face had a greenish tinge but I guess you would be ok with him playing on.

If it had been concussion the consequences could have been severe as outlined by the Neurologist.

You are the one that described him as a  "big soft lad"

spurs.jpg

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, sotsira said:

up front.

Tielemans looks a good fit for you ... and others, Man Utd in particular. £50 mill should buy him.

Today is the most important game of our season....three points and we'll have secured CL for our first new season at the Lane.

No surprises I think probably Son and Llorente up front and hope to kill it by half time.

Possibly one for Skippy to get a start?

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bad day at the office eh Ronnie. 2 and could of been 3 sendings off. In fairness they did well with just 9 men and the Bournemouth goalie kept them in it

At least we're still chasing the CL Cup.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:43 PM, Sparkles said:

If you happened to be watching Sky Sports yesterday a leading London Neurologist Peter Hamlyn confirmed 3 minutes was nowhere near long enough to diagnose concussion and the rules need to be changed.He also confirmed the player suffered a presyncopal episode otherwise know as fainting,had a broken nose ,vomited and at one stage his face had a greenish tinge but I guess you would be ok with him playing on.

If it had been concussion the consequences could have been severe as outlined by the Neurologist.

You are the one that described him as a  "big soft lad"

spurs.jpg

3 minutes may not be long enough to diagnose concussion, but he wasn't concussed. 

Pre-syncopal is not concussion. 

"Broken nose"? he didn't break anything. He coped a bang on the nose and that was it. 

I think that football physios do a great job and I don't think the game needs changing, any hint of head trauma and the game stops for as long as it needs to and every precaution is taken. Regards heading the ball in football, the balls used today are much lighter, do not have bladders and do not absorb moisture, but I agree there should be more research done in regards to the effect on the brain. As far as other sports like Rugby League, well that's a different discussion, the rate of concussions and head trauma are much greater.

• Like 1

We'd have trouble beating a carpet atm!! .. truly shocking run of form

. one can read to much into things however .. i aint EVER seen son react as he did.. and  sent of for almost a first tackle !! <deleted>  ..  suggests what? barring stupidity.????     given the results it wouldnt be unfair to say all is not well in the camp.  . poch needs to sort this out..

Edited by wilai
profanities

The good news is that Son can play on Wednesday.

Just to lighten up the negativity in this thread.

It's been a terrible week and we could end up outside top 4.  And we did it to ourselves. At least we have the best home stadium in the UK, whatever happens nobody can take that away from us.... 

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yesssss get in there brighton

????????????????????????

????????????????????????

There's only one Chrissy Houghton One Chrissy Houghton 

one Chrissy Houghton, There's only one Chrissy Houghton.

What a nice present from our neigbors, now we don't have to think about the Everton game as a must win game anymore.

We can relax and look forward to the Ajax game without any pressure. We just have to go out there and have fun.
And Son is back, we can actually do this.   

Edited by balo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1