Royal Enfield to open subsidiary in Thailand: Official

rooster59

Royal Enfield to open subsidiary in Thailand: Official

Royal-Enfield-1-770x433.jpg

On its plan to set up pre-owned showrooms under the brand Vintage in the country, he said already seven such showrooms have been set up across India.

Bike manufacturer Royal Enfield would soon set up its subsidiary in Thailand under its plan to strengthen overseas presence, a top official said on December 7.

The company which ships its products to over 51 countries from India would be setting up a subsidiary to manage operations in Thailand, Royal Enfield, Head-India Business, Shaji Koshy said.

In an interaction with PTI after launching two new models-Continental GT650 Twin and Interceptor INT650 Twin, Koshy said Royal Enfield has set up one store in Bangkok and another in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Full story: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/auto/royal-enfield-to-open-subsidiary-in-thailand-official-3266821.html

money control: 2018-12-08

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Saw a Royal Enfield stand in Tesco Lotus Superhighway (ground floor) this week, nice bike but not sure I would pay 186k for one.

The tariffs in Thailand are just too high.  Better buy one and drive it from India.  Dealership I went to said as much.  They also sold a locally made / branded bike with a Chinese engine which was more affordable.  Thailand is no fun in this regard

4 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Are you nuts? Just as the next move they will be making weapons.

Damn  if I could own one, yes, the firearm. But as a farang, go get stuffed.

You greedy greedy thai sloths.

Well since Ducatis, BMW, Triumph and Harleys are made here, why not RE? And which Thai people are you calling greedy and sloths? Be good to know exactly where your racist rant is directed.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 9:22 AM, yellowboat said:

The tariffs in Thailand are just too high.  Better buy one and drive it from India.  Dealership I went to said as much.  They also sold a locally made / branded bike with a Chinese engine which was more affordable.  Thailand is no fun in this regard

On 12/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, Inepto Cracy said:

Sorry. I don't understand.

# Royal Enfield prices here are similar to the UK, the US and Europe and Australasia.

The only place where they are markedly cheaper is in their home country, India.

# The above first post - you are not very genned up on personally importing vehicles into this country and the beaurocratic and financial nightmare involved.

# Ditto same post, The Chinese engine locally made model was/is a completely different genre of model compared to the RE, and hence incomparable.

# 2nd post above - perhaps English is not your first language, because i did'nt really understand anything you said in that unintelligeable racist rant.

Certainly nothing in there about motorcycles....

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Inepto Cracy said:

I suggest you look up the difference between a Royal Enfield motorcycle and a Lee-Enfield rifle.  Here's a clue: One goes broom-broom and the other goes bang-bang.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Haha 2