SEMI-FINAL ROUND FOR POSTER OF THE YEAR

Scott

Semi-final round POTY  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you looking to make me redundant?

What ? , trying to keep an elderly bunch of falangs interested when there’s a half eaten turkey on the table, quality street in every redundant ashtray, a fridge full of alcoholic beverages ( including the Cherry Wine some distant relative bought you 6 years ago ! ) , a sherry trifle ( covered with a tea towel ) tempting you from the sideboard.
When any attempt at posting a helpful/humorous/sarcastic reply is met with the dreaded loading page !! so you decide to leave it 20 minutes or so only to be met with the next round of the dreaded loading page ????
When your wife/girlfriend ( or both ! ) gives you that look as if to say “ are you on your phone/the computer again ? “ forcing you to log out and stumble into the kitchen to help with the chores, head held low !!

Not bloody likely !!

Was just helping out in your absence, my 15 minutes of fame [emoji2]

Here , take your headdress and tomahawk, you’re welcome to that job .
  • Haha 2

Well now that the excitement of Christmas Day is behind us and as we move into the final round the voting will surely pick up and I expect an extraordinary amount of positive posts from supporters of their favourites urging them on until they ( Colin ) cross the finish line triumphant !!

That is gonna happen isn’t it ??

....... hello............hello...........is there anybody out there ? .............( echo, echo )

☹️

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well now that the excitement of Christmas Day is behind us and as we move into the final round the voting will surely pick up and I expect an extraordinary amount of positive posts from supporters of their favourites urging them on until they ( Colin ) cross the finish line triumphant !!

That is gonna happen isn’t it ??

....... hello............hello...........is there anybody out there ? .............( echo, echo )

☹️

Things will heat up now, with the runners wearing protective gear. The niceties will be thrown out the window.  Incoming .........................

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

What about that last list?

Read my previous post ???? re: final group.

"I dont think you can take 2 from each group as you could potentially have someone with 5 votes beating someone with 23 !! 

I think the final group should be all those with say "above 20" is my opinion."

• Like 1

Read my previous post [emoji16] re: final group.
"I dont think you can take 2 from each group as you could potentially have someone with 5 votes beating someone with 23 !! 

I think the final group should be all those with say "above 20" is my opinion."

You’ll be suggesting to include Dave2 in the voting next !! [emoji51]
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

An Insight into the life of a mod …… (at the risk of a ban)

If you were thinking they are just ordinary guys who control from home, sorry to disappoint. Mods all work in the same location, which is 5 floors under the central TV HQ, and crammed with servers and monitors in long rows. Mods move around on special office chairs – the wheels fit onto a steel track and the hub area looks a little like Kings Cross junction.

Mods pass sticky notes to each other as they pass and boy are they fast! Charlie was once clocked at 3.5 seconds from Arts and Photography to the agriculture forum! Some mods have mastered the art of shifting one’s body on the turns, and the real veterans can carry out their work while moving!

Mods have a secret handshake ….. I know little about this, except that they shake with the left hand.

Mods don’t get paid …. Well that’s not strictly true. If they can manage to hit the posting holiday targets, they get a headset upgrade.

Rimmer is the Chief Mod and if you see him, someone is in trouble! He sits in a steel cage that is suspended above the main server block and he can terminate a mod with a flick of a switch. He spends most of his time on the golf course, discussing business deals with JT.

CharlieH is the posting holiday champion (it is rumoured that a request from a newbie asking for help re a visa issue was promptly banned for life!).

The “temporary ban” button on his keyboard has been replaced 5 times.

Mods meet up every Friday night and Rimmer rings the bell.

Mods don’t do 90-day reporting.

Mods don’t pay to enter National Parks

Mods have one get out of jail free card (most have used than up)

Al Thai people know the word “mod” and when a farang utters that word, they bend over backwards to assist. Don’t believe me? Walk up to your local vendor and say “mod”.

Mods don’t pay on Thai public transport systems and get free rides on baht buses.

Mods are retired after 15 years and due to the sensitive information they have, can never be allowed back I to society. There is, somewhere near Burriram, a pasture where they can relax, and with keyboards, headsets and chairs, they can end their days doing what they love.

Hahahaha .. Even by you're usual standards G that is funny .. And as you ain't running in the Comp' itself maybe TVF can recognise you're unique style of commentary with a award of you're own .. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha .. Even by you're usual standards G that is funny .. And as you ain't running in the Comp' itself maybe TVF can recognise you're unique style of commentary with a award of you're own .. 

The dots are coming .......

• Haha 1

I'm not really sure what's going on here. I've just been on a thread that showed Marco, Oddy, and Andy D well placed. Now they are not even in any of the three groups.

Surely their votes were enough to see them through.

When does the final start?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You’ll be suggesting to include Dave2 in the voting next !! emoji51.png

What a great idea!  The idea of banishing nominees to the Part 2 thread is akin to last year's decision to disqualify Dave2 after he'd been fairly nominated and the contest was underway.

• Like 2