Are you planning for your “ End life”

georgegeorgia

I have a will in Australia, and a will in Thailand. They both say the same thing - what assets there are in Thailand go to my GF, what's in Australia goes mainly to my son.
I have no plan for dying - I'm too busy living. When my quality of life changes, I'll do something about it.

Pretty much the same situation for me .

My Thai gf will have access to my bank account and of course the house and car are hers already.
My son and daughter will share my uk assets.
Everyone is already aware of this situation.

Of course at 57 I don’t plan to pop off just yet but who knows what will happen in the near or distant future.

It’s never too early to get your affairs in order !!
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2018 at 1:50 AM, Kwasaki said:

No because I'm not dead yet.

Personally, I hate it when I die.

Very difficult to make plans after you are dead.

Most people become very lazy after dead, they just lay there and decompose, (lazy bustards)  There are the few motivated ones who roam the earth with their arms extended but they are mostly interested in looking for Brains. 

On 12/26/2018 at 3:23 AM, worgeordie said:

I could live to 100+,you could be run over tomorrow and die at 50,

how do you plan for that,you can only take it one day at a time.

regards worgeordie

I don't think the OP asks if you plan on how and when you will die , but plans as to what will happen to you, and yours after you do, regardless of how or when.

• Haha 2

For many years I had a golden rule. Never make plans. That way you can never be disappointed when they don't work out.

Then I came to my senses and decided to make some plans. So I did and guess what. I was disappointed!

So I'm now back to rule number one.

• Haha 2

On 12/26/2018 at 1:42 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I know a gay farang

Hey, good post and subject .................but was this really necessary?? 

C'mon show a little class will you??  Wouldn't the idea come across the same if you said - "I know someone" its your post but think about it..........Peace

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

Personally, I hate it when I die.

Very difficult to make plans after you are dead.

What's the point of yourself making plans when you die that's for others to sort out.

Maybe OP has a religion thing or something.  

15 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Hey, good post and subject .................but was this really necessary?? 

C'mon show a little class will you??  Wouldn't the idea come across the same if you said - "I know someone" its your post but think about it..........Peace

Show some class? 

You seem to have the problem with me mentioning my gay friend not me,nothing wrong with mentioning someone is gay, im not the one in the closet , im out & proud darling and if you have a problem , tough titties sweetheart! Stay in your closet !

Edited by georgegeorgia

A financial advisor once said to me, 'Are you aware that if you were to die with this amount of money your beneficiaries could be liable for inheritance tax. Would you like me to sort something out for you?'

'No thanks' was my reply, 'I will sort it out myself'. 

AND I DID!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:46 AM, JAFO said:

[...] there are numerous ways to assist oneself when the time comes. One does not have to do a swan dive off a balcony in Pattaya or BKK to call it. Seems messy and desperate. 

There are very pleasant ways to exit (without the mess and burden to clean up crews) when as you stated above feel you have lived a fulfilled life and the time is right. 

I agree.  (Jumping is horrible, messy; shooting is also messy, even with some way of notifying people, so it doesn't end up with finding the body with maggots. And etc.)  So what are those numerous and pleasant ways? Drug overdose? (Sleeping tabs, ranging to heroin, I suppose, if you know where to get it and how to do it.)  Poison? - Cyanide is virtually impossible to get, i can't think of anything else that would not be quite unpleasant.
Wading into the sea, feeding the sharks? (Quite likely that by  the time you decide, walking anywhere wouldn't be possible.)

On 12/30/2018 at 4:52 AM, Kwasaki said:

What's the point of yourself making plans when you die that's for others to sort out.

Maybe OP has a religion thing or something.  

The point is (1) if you die intestate (no Will,) the estate / the money goes to the State, then after several years, if no next-of-kin has submitted a claim that is approved, the State keeps the money. (2) If there is no funeral insurance, it can be a problem for the family; if no family and funeral cover, the body is removed to the State mortuary and is eventually cremated (used to be "pauper's burial" but I suppose that has been generally superceded by cremation.)

No, the OP asked specific questions, nothing to do with religious beliefs.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:01 AM, Oztruckie said:

I don't know where you live, but here in Pattaya there's plenty of foreigners who own law offices with Thai partners, 5000 thb for complete written will. 

Yes, the Will itself (which could be the basic simple freely available form,) but what about the executorship? - That, and the monthly fee, is the main concern.

17 minutes ago, Cat ji said:

Yes, the Will itself (which could be the basic simple freely available form,) but what about the executorship? - That, and the monthly fee, is the main concern.

I suppose there are 3 cost elements involved:

1. The Will itself

2. Opening of the probate

3. Executorship

You should ask a lawyer how much is each of the above, although I think Executorship will be based on time and effort needed. The other elements are flat fee. The differences between lawyers may be quite big. I know because I have asked.

I think it pays off tremendously to use the services of an experienced lawyer.

1 hour ago, Cat ji said:

The point is (1) if you die intestate (no Will,) the estate / the money goes to the State, then after several years, if no next-of-kin has submitted a claim that is approved, the State keeps the money. (2) If there is no funeral insurance, it can be a problem for the family; if no family and funeral cover, the body is removed to the State mortuary and is eventually cremated (used to be "pauper's burial" but I suppose that has been generally superceded by cremation.)

Where does the money go to the state ?

16 hours ago, Cat ji said:

The point is

Well yeah why I said what's point my wife, son, daughter, son, daughter, daughter, son, one of the 7 grandchildren will sort it.

OP no religious beliefs how do you know.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:42 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I have heard farangs who have passed away and their kids or family in farangland only found out a year later after enquiring about them,

That seems a bit strange :unsure:

From what I know, when a foreigner dies in Thailand, Thai authorities inform his embassy. The embassy - at least mine - will then transmit this information (your death) to your country's Administration and will inform your nearest family in your country.

My Embassy will need a written document from my nearest family to authorise funerals in Thailand or body repatriation, so at least parents and children will be informed of the death.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:23 PM, Cat ji said:

Poison? - Cyanide is virtually impossible to get,

Actually cyanide is not hard to get here surprisingly.

There are numerous plants that are quite poisonous where you could make a tea type drink.

There are pill options as well. 

While someone posted earlier " right now I am too busy living" is exactly how I am but we will all at some point reach an age where we are not. I absolutely do not want to be a burden. When my quality of life degrades I will take appropriate measures. 

• Like 1

surely the challenge is to be able to slip away peacefully and painlessly but using some concoction or a few pills may be agonising and slow. Not that easy I think, hence all the jumpers... then you need to be high enough to avoid living on as a paraplegic or whatever!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beau thai said:

surely the challenge is to be able to slip away peacefully and painlessly but using some concoction or a few pills may be agonising and slow. Not that easy I think, hence all the jumpers... then you need to be high enough to avoid living on as a paraplegic or whatever!

Yeah I agree. I mean you better plan it well and double whatever you think is enough because you do not want to survive it. 

Jumping off a building has to be a horrific way to go. I have sky dived numerous times and para-sailed. Every time I jumped out of the plane I never thought about the chute not opening for me.  

Yeah I agree. I mean you better plan it well and double whatever you think is enough because you do not want to survive it. 

Jumping off a building has to be a horrific way to go. I have sky dived numerous times and para-sailed. Every time I jumped out of the plane I never thought about the chute not opening for me.  
As an ex skydiver myself, I wonder if you would automatically get into the stable position when you jumped?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

Actually cyanide is not hard to get here surprisingly.

There are numerous plants that are quite poisonous where you could make a tea type drink.

There are pill options as well. 

While someone posted earlier " right now I am too busy living" is exactly how I am but we will all at some point reach an age where we are not. I absolutely do not want to be a burden. When my quality of life degrades I will take appropriate measures. 

Cyanide works. But who wants to spend his last 2 minutes in complete and utter agony?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

As an ex skydiver myself, I wonder if you would automatically get into the stable position when you jumped?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't know, most that jump are 4 or 5 stories up it seems and are likely in shock or possibly inebriated. 

When we skydive we free fall for quite a while with confidence the chute will open.