Groups want liquor sellers to be held accountable for alcohol-related road accidents

webfact

I have this radical idea that the drunk drivers should be held responsible. And maybe the incompetent traffic police, they have blood on their hands.

I was extremely tired yesterday and was let through a useless checkpoint without having to blow.. I must have looked Drunk yet they let me go without checking. They are useless and lazy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kannot said:

Groups  should hold  themselves  accountable instead.

Only one  person is responsible, how  hard  can it  be ? "the  consumer"

Maybe it's too difficult for thai to understand that ?

I never drink alcool , but I have a lot of alcool bottles in my house  ;

find the mistake ..

Some of them are for decoration because the bottles are very beautiful and some others are for my friends who drink alcools while I drink orange juice .

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

As a person who believes we are all ultimately responsible for our actions, Thailand can be a hard place to live in. Reminds me of a local girl who told me she drove home drunk. I told her how stupid drink driving is and how she could have injured or killed someone. She looked at me shocked and disappointed with my attitude and said, “Killed or injured someone? What about me?!”. 

Only way to make selfish and irresponsible people learn is by giving them no other choice. 

dead  people  have  no  regrets

One thing that can be changed is the manner in which alcohol is served in Thailand. Many times I will sit and chat with friends while we have a few beers. The servers stand close by and keep the glasses full. It you are in a conversation having a good time, it is easy to not notice exactly how many bottles of beer you consumed personally. Since blood alcohol level is the metric used, legally drunk varies from person to person. The bigger people can consume more than small people. You cannot go by how you feel. If I have one beer after a long day when I am tired, I feel intoxicated, but I would not be legally drunk. You need to know the quantity you consumed.

• Confused 1