Today – Sterling £ to Bahts rates, must be lowest ever

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All the western currencies took a big hit in the last 24hrs.

It ain't Brexit, it's Thailand.

The Philippine peso was 69 before Brexit, is 66.5 now, 3% change in the same period the Baht changed 20%

The Euro changed 8% against GBP in the same two years, but lost 12% against the Baht.

Yes, the Aussie dollar dropped around half a baht overnight, from 22.44 to 21.9, but has come back over 22 this afternoon.

It is fears of global trade wars and its possible effects that are causing the current volatility.

• Like 1

Thb didn't rise, it's just relatively stable to USD.

Yen had a surge today due to apples selloff in aftermarkets and thats why the aussie dollar and co crashed.

Again thb is just more stable than others due to forrex reserves in usd and yen.

The whole market is LONG USD - SHORT everything else from Stocks to pound to euro to PMs.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Can we conclude, that despite  the posts and opinions , expressed by our Academic  TVF members,    along with the opinions of the poorly  educated , may i include myself ,

DO not  make one iota of difference , in the problem , which is  Brexit.   Just my idle thoughts .

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, NanLaew said:

We haven't exited quite yet. Tony Blair is still carrying a candle for Brussels.

Maybe once the Brits exit, the well-informed, highly educated British electorate can vote to reapply for membership, but they'll have to join the queue behind Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro.  

On 1/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, BritManToo said:

It ain't Brexit, it's Thailand.

And the Titanic didn't sink because of an iceberg, it was because of a hole in the side of the ship. Pretending that Brexit isn't influencing the exchange rate or that Thailand's economy outweighs European, American or, in particular, Chinese economic and political factors when setting rates is simplistic nonsense.

15 hours ago, LucysDad said:

You must be a bit tight-fisted if you still have Baht @ 73...................... I think 2006 was the last time those dizzy heights were reached.

only last week looking at a load of old papers, also Bank statements shows money coming into my Thai account from UK @ 76.4 in March 2004