Dutch tourist claims he was abused and had drugs planted on him by Pattaya police

webfact

Perhaps he tested negative* because he hadn't yet taken the drugs that they found on him!  

A youngish, drunk, Dutchman spending his evening getting ratted in Soi Bukhao involved in drugs?  Highly unlikely!

* Typo there, I meant "negative", obviously!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

After tourists arrival is reduced, the old trick is back in the business. They will make sure Mr.Pieter will not leave the country for speaking up the truth. When police stops,you always ask for his own ID, and ask him to take you to the higher official at police station for any check. That's the only solution to be escaping from the police scam.

Never allow them to touch your bag. Goodluck Pattaya Police!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps he tested positive because he hadn't yet taken the drugs that they found on him!  

A youngish, drunk, Dutchman spending his evening getting ratted in Soi Bukhao involved in drugs?  Highly unlikely!

So your saying Dutch are druggies.. that is just weird ????

And he tested negative.. had it been positive im not sure there would be story.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

So your saying Dutch are druggies.. 

And he tested negative.. had it been positive im not sure there would be story.

"So your saying Dutch are druggies.."

No, I definitely did not say that.  And I've corrected my typo, I meant "negative", obviously.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Incobart said:

I suggest for Big joke to install camera's in every police station, and that every interrogation is recorded. 

The Thai police supposedly recently adopted a regulation that all interrogations ARE supposed to be video recorded... But I doubt most/many/any of the stations have actually implemented that yet.

And even if they do in the future, I'm sure the Thai police will find their own ways to transact their business in ways/places that don't manage to get captured on video.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm sure the Thai police will find their own ways to transact their business in ways/places that don't manage to get captured on video.

Then there is a gap in time, which make the police suspicious and the tourist or Thai the advantage of to be right. Police control or Big Joke are not stupid also, and can happen only ones for a policeman. Another option (but expensive) is like in my country, every police wear a bodycam. ????

3 minutes ago, Incobart said:

Then there is a gap in time, which make the police suspicious and the tourist or Thai the advantage of to be right. Police control or Big Joke are not stupid also, and can happen only ones for a policeman. Another option (but expensive) is like in my country, every police wear a bodycam. ????

Just like every time someone dies in police or DSI custody here, in the aftermath, "Oooppsss... video camera not working at that time...."

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tifino said:

he's not going to go down for the supposed drugs.

but putting it up on social media, is whole lot different kettle of fish that are going to end up smelly

Agreed, but on the face of it, the poor bastard had to pay 40,000b to to avoid prison time for doing absolutely nothing wrong. 

I'd do the same if it were me, though I'd probably leave the country first. 

• Like 2