Please Calculate Your Body Mass Index

NCC1701A

Actually my BMI is 31. I know I need to drop a lot.

However, to achieve a perfect 18.5 as I am 185 CM I would need to be 60.5 KG.....A bit too thin I suspect.

As an aside, I have a good friend in Canada whose hobby is the gym and working out. His upper body mass is muscle without a trace of fat, but his BMI puts him as obese. Apparently Muscle is denser than fat........

• Thanks 1

BMI the most outdated thing as off yet, plenty of ripped athlethes have a high BMI because it does not take into account the difference between fat and muscle.

Its good for people who have no muscle for anyone serious about health is overrated. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

However, to achieve a perfect 18.5 as I am 185 CM I would need to be 60.5 KG.....A bit too thin I suspect.

As an aside, I have a good friend in Canada whose hobby is the gym and working out. His upper body mass is muscle without a trace of fat, but his BMI puts him as obese. Apparently Muscle is denser than fat........

That is the whole problem with BMI.. i was obese with a 6 pack ???? at least according to my BMI.. unfortunately gained a bit of weight now losing it fast still no belly but too fat for my taste.

• Like 2

BMI according to Dr at the Hospital yesterday was just under 30......... so that is less that it was 52 years ago at 18  !!!  so say the Dr said try to loss 14 kg to be the ideal body mass for height/age/weight... 

15 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im obese.

Hideously obese.

Morbidly obese.

I have more rolls than a Jewish Deli.

I have to hide during the Super Bowl so they dont paint Goodyear across my belly and hang me over the stadium.

Im banned in all you can eat restaurants.

I use a firehose as a butt sprayer.

My clothes are tailored by Omar the Tent Maker.

Oh yeah? 

I was once asked to leave the beach so that the tide could come in. 

I have more chins than the Beijing phone book.

I went bungy jumping at a place that guaranteed the cord wouldn't snap, no matter the weight.  It didn't.  The bridge broke.

I have a tan line from the refrigerator light.

I was arrested at Suvarnabhumi for having 10 pounds of crack.

Regarding the second question, let's just say that, if everything was in perfect proportion, I'd be 12 ft tall and weigh 500 lb

(BMI, for what it's worth = 28)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Quite true. When I was working out with weight training, my BMI went up significantly ( 4 units ).

I'm just wondering if the OP is one of these skinny runts who has always had sand kicked in his face, and this thread is his revenge.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CGW said:

I'm a 1% then ???? 85 kilo, 178cm = overweight @ 26.8, 34" waist, very little body fat, I do have a huge head though ????

When I was 86 kilos and 185 cm I considered myself fat.  I'm now 78 kilos with a 34" waist.   

Last week I was going out to an event and wanted to wear one of my suits, but had no hope as when I bought them I had a 32" waist.   So my current goal is being able to fit in my suits and all the 'slim fit' shirts I bought from Zara.

• Like 1

179cm ('5 "10.5) and 79kg (174lbs) = 24.6

"34.5 waist and "41.5 chest. I need to lose some excess weight around my midriff... that's becoming increasingly clear. ????

BMI is a very loose indicator in any case, totally depends on your musculature and body type. Not to be taken too seriously IMO.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, seancbk said:

When I was 86 kilos and 185 cm I considered myself fat.  I'm now 78 kilos with a 34" waist.   

Last week I was going out to an event and wanted to wear one of my suits, but had no hope as when I bought them I had a 32" waist.   So my current goal is being able to fit in my suits and all the 'slim fit' shirts I bought from Zara.

A few years back I was in Singapore looking at shirts to buy, the assistant walked over and stated they were "slim fit":shock1: if I had needed confirmation that I was no longer slim that was enough, if I wanted to lose some weight I could do but would be loosing bulk at the same time, which I don't want to, 50 years of working out & eating smart has paid some dividends ????

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

A few years back I was in Singapore looking at shirts to buy, the assistant walked over and stated they were "slim fit":shock1: if I had needed confirmation that I was no longer slim that was enough, if I wanted to lose some weight I could do but would be loosing bulk at the same time, which I don't want to, 50 years of working out & eating smart has paid some dividends ????

No need to lose muscle mass when losing weight. Just go slow eat loads of protein and keep working out. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to lose muscle mass when losing weight. Just go slow eat loads of protein and keep working out. 

Thats my point, if I was to lose weight it would be muscle mass as I have little fat, yet I am considered by the BMI index to be overweight.

25 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thats my point, if I was to lose weight it would be muscle mass as I have little fat, yet I am considered by the BMI index to be overweight.

Sorry i misunderstood.. yes I get it i had (soon to have again) problem. I had little bodyfat but was obese according to the BMI. Now I do have some bodyfat a say 6 kg or so that i need to lose. I decided to go slow.. high in protein and workout. Then it will be ok but even if the abs show again I will be obese according to the BMI.

So its worthless for people with muscle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Had to laugh.....

I remember my Dad going to buy a suit & the tailor called him a "portly stout" - my Dad was highly insulted......

Although, he was built like a fire plug......

• Haha 2

20.1 – and that's the BMI – too much good food, up from 19.1 a few years ago; consider to change girlfriend to one that cannot cook...:unsure:
–however, what does it help, when I'm an excellent chef myself...????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nursebob said:

hi my BMI=28.4  regards next week's survey, when going to pee, I have to hold it with both hands, but still manage to get 8 fingers wet

At least you keep your thumbs dry. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry i misunderstood.. yes I get it i had (soon to have again) problem. I had little bodyfat but was obese according to the BMI. Now I do have some bodyfat a say 6 kg or so that i need to lose. I decided to go slow.. high in protein and workout. Then it will be ok but even if the abs show again I will be obese according to the BMI.

So its worthless for people with muscle. 

It's not for fit people or even thin people it's a tool to tell most of us where we stand roughly in the overweight scale.A lot of the sites are a bit hysterical if you are a 30 they scream that you are obese and give a long list of problems that you have or will definitely die from if you don't diet right now.use smartbmicalculator.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

A ridiculous and totally unreliable method, most NFL and rugby players would be classed as  obese by the BMI measurement.  Why people continue to peddle this nonsense astounds me. 

Totally agree!

But My health insurance co did BMI 29 CANNOT!

When i grew up obese was you needed to be lifted by a crane to stand

My BMI is just super cuddly, plus back home i am the light weight of my peers 

• Haha 1