For better or worse? Expats think Thailand is going down the pan, poll

webfact

Well yeah of course but what does that prove? Moving country can be very hard especially for people invested here.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I doubt all 90% are married home owners or on business visas.

THE overwhelming number of posts on TV all say they don't own anything here and have a suitcase [emoji161] by the door ready to bolt. Problem is bolt where? All of Asia is tightening visa rules

You know very well that most are just having a bitch.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

So.....is pork, chicken, fruit, vegetables, dairy products and fish, for example, more expensive if you are going to make western food than it is if you are cooking Thai food?

Yes- many expats purchase  their meats and pork and even vegetables from places like Villa Market or other chains which import meat and other staples from the West.  While I can live nicely eating Thai food every day- others cannot and for them the price of quality is now much higher. Many do not know how to shop in a wet Thai market nor how to determine the quality of what they are purchasing so they don't shop there.

6 minutes ago, moutamine said:

You are in the wrong.  Have you tried buying avocados lately.  30 Baht a piece... I can get 3 for 1$ CAD in Montreal.  Kiwis are 25 Baht a piece here, I get 6 for 1$ CAD.  

and @Odyysseus

Avocados are very cheap in the local markets when in season, I would suggest you stop doing all your shopping in tourist supermarkets Rimping/Friendship/Tops/Villa and buy in the more local shopping areas.

Although avocados and kiwi fruit are not part of my British/Euro diet so I'm not an expert on them and wouldn't include them in my 'western food' list.

Edited by BritManToo