Why would Forza top RPM stops at 6000 Max ?

Agusts

I just test driven a Forza,  it's only 2 years old and nothing is done to it, oil change,  service only,  good condition and low mileage,  but at full throttle uphill or downhill I noticed the RPM stops at 6000 max... !? 

Why would that be,  I ask the guy he didn't know but mentioned maybe is set up like that,  is there RPM limiter on Forza,  or some other factory settings...? 

Yes,  I understand that,  the speedometer and tachometer kind if move together on CVT and no point of having the two,  but this was a bit strange that it was accelerating really fast but then almost stop at 6000rpm,  I think speed was about ~80km/h , not sure exactly, I didn't have a long stretch to see what happens if I kept going,  but it felt wrong...!  

Forza should have a lot more to offer in that range... This was like my 125cc... 

Edited by Agusts

I think all bikes have RPM limiters, so that the Forza has one isn't odd. Might very well be that the limit is at 6k RPM.

If you run into the RPM limiter before reaching top speed this probably means the rollers are too light (or somehow damaged) and you should have them replaced.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, jackdd said:

I think all bikes have RPM limiters, so that the Forza has one isn't odd. Might very well be that the limit is at 6k RPM.

If you run into the RPM limiter before reaching top speed this probably means the rollers are too light (or somehow damaged) and you should have them replaced.

It looks as though JackDD has the right solution. The rollers (sliders) would basically be the first place I would look when RPM issues of this type arise - maybe a previous rider did a roller / slider modification(?). Are they worn (what is their weight?) Do they move smoothly along the surface, etc., etc.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, Agusts said:

is there RPM limiter on Forza,

Probably but even if one bases it on numbers rather than facts with maximum power being at 7000 rpm for the 300 and 7500 for the 250 then one would expect any rev limit to be say between 7600 and 8200. Again not based on fact. It could be 9300 or any other number but it will not be below the max power point of the engine.

So regardless that bike should not top out at 6000. Even if someone has put heavy weights in the CVT in some misguided attempt to get better fuel economy or because they are Thai and lazy and just slapped any old weights in or if it has Dr. Pulley sliders in and one or more is out of position it should still struggle to around 7000 downhill (max power). OR the tach is wrong. You needed to see at what rpm is was idling. 

If the brakes were severely locked on then maybe it struggles to max torque at 5750 or 6000 indicated but you would have felt that. Was the wind blowing and does it have a honkingly large wind shield? 

Uphill with stock CVT weights it might run out at 6000 which as said is around the peak torque value but downhill again it should get to at least 7000.

Do Forzas have a history of fuel pump problems? Maybe there is insufficient fuel. Fuel filter plugged?

I'm thinking blocked air filter restricting airflow, blocked or restricted exhaust.

If the price is right and you need a hobby.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

It looks cool on the dash but I do agree , my Vios is auto but comes with an RPM counter but in this case the box could be changed to manual .

In a Vios you can use the Merc design auto box like a manual hence the RPM clock, can you do the same with a Forza.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Never had my Airblade tuned in over 12 years why does a Forza need such attention.

Well you might be surprised at the extra performance locked in the bike using the stock CVT set up. At 110cc it is not going to be an earth shattering amount but should you live near hills or ride a lot two-up a simple change maybe worth it.

Of course if you don't care about unlocking the performance then nothing needs doing. I.E some people drive their auto cars in "D" and never bother with "S".

Nice bike the Airblade.

Well,  I got a Forza bike now,  year 2016 and in good condition...

So far it is the same as the other one I test driven,  basically it's very fast accelerating,  really fast,  then it stops at 6000rpm,  about 85km/h. I haven't tried it on motorway,  but I think if I hold the throttle it will go more, but not at the same acceleration as before,  will test more and report back... 

Any Forza owners to compare notes....!  

Okay,  so the title should change to it slows at 6000rpm, not stops, basically the acceleration slows,  as expected, it's the impression I got first time riding these Forza bikes ,  it accelerate in mid range really quickly (it's maximum torque range) ,  but like anything else you can't expect it to do the same in 90km/hr, or 100 or 110. It will go but slower,  at steady speed it does 80km/hr at 5000rpm,  100 at 6k, 120 at 7k, I don't want to push it more for now,  as it was only done 750km when picked it up...