PWA rolls out new computerized payment system

Rimmer

PWA rolls out new computerized payment system

image.png

PATTAYA:-- It now is a lot easier to pay your water bill following installation of a new computerized payment system at the Provincial Waterworks Authority.

PWA Pattaya Manager Sutat Nutchpan said the new system went online March 4 and replaces the manual, unconnected accounting system the PWA used. The old system was not connected to other provinces, making it impossible to see if a bill was paid outside Pattaya, or get clear information on duplicate or overdue payments.

The PWA’s step into the 21st century allows all bills to be paid at convenience stores or other counter services. Bills also can be paid from anywhere in the country.

Pattaya is the last region to implement the new system which will be fully operational nationwide by April.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03--

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

allows all bills to be paid at convenience stores or other counter services.

Been doing this for more than 5 years - so is it only the admin checking stuff bit the only thing that is new?

18 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Is this going to work for old meters which do not have a 'chip'. The meterman has to actually read the meter not wave his electronic 'reader' over it and print the bill out.

Mine has to be manually read but then the meter reader prints out the bill using a hand held terminal which I then pay at Big C or Lotus so not sure what you mean?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Is this going to work for old meters which do not have a 'chip'. The meterman has to actually read the meter not wave his electronic 'reader' over it and print the bill out.

I doubt that. Nor will they easily change mine as it is set in a block of concrete to stop the thieving sods having it away! Just hope I can pay the bill on-line.

I like the water bill guy who comes around my moo baan on his motorbike. 

Beep Beep. "Ha Sip Baht, khrup!"

It's one of those elusive "little things" I like about living in Thailand. 

There was a slow but constant water leak under the concrete soi between my house and the next, always a large puddle of standing water coming up from the drain.  Neighbors didn't seem to care, so I finally pointed it out to the bill collector guy.  Slow but eventually, a work crew showed up, jack hammered the street and fixed the problem.  Nice! 

On 3/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, topt said:
On 3/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, Rimmer said:

allows all bills to be paid at convenience stores or other counter services.

Been doing this for more than 5 years - so is it only the admin checking stuff bit the only thing that is new?

In the backwaters of Issan it's been happening for years.

I do remember that within a couple of hours of the water bill being issued, I could pay it at 7 Eleven.

However if I tried to pay it at the PWA office within the same time-frame, the staff told me to come back in two days, as it hadn't yet been entered into their system!

Out in the nether regions of Bang Saray, the water bill fairly regularly did not have a bar-code affixed. 7-11 staff tried and failed.  This necessitated a trip to Sattahip; time and petrol wasted because of poor service; never once was an apology forthcoming nor any compensation.  It was just one of those things monopolies get away with.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, topt said:

Mine has to be manually read but then the meter reader prints out the bill using a hand held terminal which I then pay at Big C or Lotus so not sure what you mean?

Many years ago, I filled out a form from PWA, took it to my bank and now my monthly water bill is automatically paid from my bank account, no trips to Big C, Tesco, 7-11, etc.

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

Many years ago, I filled out a form from PWA, took it to my bank and now my monthly water bill is automatically paid from my bank account, no trips to Big C, Tesco, 7-11, etc.

Yes I believe this is what in the UK we would call a direct debit. I also remember reading on here namy years ago about people who had, for whatever reason, received a bill for a ridiculously large amount that emptied their account and then had problems getting it credited - if proved to be wrong. 

I would be happy to pay them online but not via a DD or via a phone app.