Hua Hin: Sit here for free but please order food - woman complains about beach rip off

webfact

I stopped at a 5 star beach front hotel for a 390 bht pizza,,not bad I thought,,,then I wanted can of coke 115 bht......lol.... should I make a big scene over it????????????????............you live and learn and never return to places like that

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Where is the scam?

True, not really a scam, just overpriced food. But you can call it a scam. I would not order a thing without looking on a menu first but I am a cheap Dutch guy ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildliferescue said:

Cha am and Huahin are both complete rip-offs with the food served on the beach. Run mafia style with municipality and police not giving a shit. 

Same as all the annoying flower sellers that annoy you day and night run by the same people. Using kids that are told sell or else

The thing is, you know how much these dishes cost. The prices are always the same, with the exception being a few Baht more or less here and there. That is in casual places of course, not the high-so type of place (where you'd expect to pay more). But these prices are 2 to 3 times what you'd expect. The dishes they had should be less than 1000 Baht altogether in your typical beach place.

4 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

They should have known better. Nothing is free not even -no cover charge- as it fronts for what comes next.

Why didn't they ask for a menu.?

I had lunch on the beach with some Thais in Rayong ,atleast we had a table and bench.

Only reason I agreed to eating on the beach was because I wasn't paying. Lol

Bill  for 3 or so basic rice dishes,  a fish plate and a couple of Singhas630 ml bottles 2000 b thereabouts.

Waste of money.

Her name says it all Miss Prawn??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it appears not only foreigners get scammed 555

Hua-hin is one of few places where not only foreigners get scammed - This is a fact no one can take away from them ... :whistling:

• Confused 1

as for cha-am..

100 baht plate of prawns, 40 baht fried rice or somtam, etc..

and all served with a smile and a 30 baht chair (food optional)

never paid more than that on the beach chairs anywhere along the strip

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

we know this little strip of "restaurants" well - the first (and only) time we went my wife asked to see the menu. when she queried the 300baht for a plate of fried rice the elderly (lemon sucking) old lady said, and i kid you not, "same same price Hilton next door"

we went next door :cheesy: 

they really have no shame

RE - "same same price Hilton next door"

... but different ... :thumbsup: