Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

one hoop to many and you kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Who is the goose that lays the golden egg??  Thai Immigration has so many hoops to jump through, (thanks to Big Joke) one has to wonder if they even have the sense God gave a goose. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

they’re not about to change it again when they are still in the middle of adjusting to the current changes.  

LOL......Dont make me laugh....They have been constantly changing immigration rule for a few years now.....So why would they care about slowing down now?.....

There have been many bad changes to immigration rules.....The sooner things change the better....

I’m only referring to marriage and retirement visas and extensions.  I couldn’t careless about all the others and all the tourist visa limits and all of that.  That stuff doesn’t concern me I’m only referring to the current police orders regarding the marriage and retirement extensions which was just updated this year for the first time since 2014.  

1 minute ago, Jim7777 said:

Okay then why am I wrong?  Why is it such a big deal you?  I’m about to log off here I’ve got things to do and I got sucked into this thread.  

You're hammering out your opinions so hard and fast here that you've completely failed to stop and listen to what people have been explaining about this very non standard transfer. Perhaps ask your wife, rather than telling her what you think is going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Actually what you just said was one of my points I agree it has nothing to do with immigration that’s what I’ve been saying all long, his transfer was either routine or probably political more than likely but no it has absolutely nothing to do with immigration I know I get it.  I also agree that the people who cannot legally qualify for a long stay visa are desperately hoping for change which ain’t gonna happen and indeed I hope it never does because I happen to like the current immigration rules it works out great for me but I do legally qualify for my visa so of course I’m happy and don’t want anything to change.  

Don’t get hostile with me when I’m agreeing with you.  Of course I know that his transfer had nothing to do with immigration I knew that from the beginning it’s more than likely political in nature.  I literally agreed with you in my post that you are replying to before you even replied.  

Actually you dont know jack about why he was transferred and neither does any one else...

Would it not be great if he was let go because they have big plans to loosen immigration policy...  

18 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

his transfer was either routine or probably political more than likely but no

Read the "link", it leaves you in little doubt what the reason is, its beyond "political" - unfortunately such matters are not discussable here, or any where in Thailand for that matter! be so much easier if this was a "free" society and would stop the endless speculation if it was :wink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Wasn’t more change talked about coming in April/May? Everyone was getting riled up about that in a article. Big Joke just implemented the changes, not was the sole decision maker on what happened and what is to come?

Which article was that ? Changes can go both ways, more strict or more lax requirements

4 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Actually you dont know jack about why he was transferred and neither does any one else...

Would it not be great if he was let go because they have big plans to loosen immigration policy...  

YES EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE EVERYONE IS JUST SPECULATING!  More than likely it’s political as usual but that’s obvious no one really knows the details.  I highly doubt that they’re going to loosen immigration policy but it would be nice for some people who can afford to live here but make less money than required.  But luckily I make way more than enough so it doesn’t concern me.  Man I forgot how I got sucked into this entire thread and discussion.  

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

Read the "link", it leaves you in little doubt what the reason is, its beyond "political" - unfortunately such matters are not discussable here, or any where in Thailand for that matter! be so much easier if this was a "free" society and would stop the endless speculation if it was :wink:

You are referring to the rumors that would be considered defamation if discussed on here I know I’ve read a lot of rumors there’s a lot of talk about why but still it’s the rumor mill and you know what I’m wasting my time right now.  

17 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

You're hammering out your opinions so hard and fast here that you've completely failed to stop and listen to what people have been explaining about this very non standard transfer. Perhaps ask your wife, rather than telling her what you think is going on. 

It’s not an opinion he was transferred and everyone is speculating why and listening to rumors.  That’s what I’ve been “hammering”.  

3 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

I’m done this is like a few hours of my life that I’ll never get back in this discussion.  

Ask your wife. If it can't be talked about openly on here, what d'you think it's about? 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

His transfer had nothing to do with immigration.  That is important because his transfer signals no immigration change at all. 

Even is that's true, a new commissioner will be appointed and will likely want to start playing with all the knobs and switches.  It's not out of the realm of possibilities that policies could change again.

3 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

WOW. If this is not a late April 1 joke, this can be the best news for expats, and tourists too.

He was excellent from start, very hard working officers that got results.

He might, in his stress for achievements, put his feet where he shouldn't, and maybe gone way too far.

Did Thailand finally notice the high number of expats leaving last 1,5 year?

Do Thailand soon want us expats to stay, and hope for us who already left to return?

Is this the brake expats need?

Will latest requirements for 1 year of extension of stay, be relaxed soon?

I'm not holding my breath, but I wish that this will be the case.

Heck, I might be able to return to the country I love and miss so much, unique Thailand.

You may hope forever for the "be relaxed soon" to happen.

I doubt a few departing retirees will make Thai economy collapse. 

• Like 1

Oh and before I go bottom line he was never going to be in that job forever they routinely get transferred to their next assignments regardless of why he was transferred.  He’s not the first Immigration Chief and I assure you that his replacement will not be the last one either.  So everyone ought to relax about it.  

Edited by Jim7777
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Ask your wife. If it can't be talked about openly on here, what d'you think it's about? 

Yes thank you I understand defamation laws in Thailand regarding government officials lol.  I’m not new here but thanks for your input anyway.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Good riddance, the guy obviously has it in for farangs and is doing the tourist industry grave harm !

Really? I fail to see how what he has done has affected the genuine tourist. In fact the free VOAs wuld have had the opposite effect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

I’m done this is like a few hours of my life that I’ll never get back in this discussion.  

Yep & you never listened to a word, just pushed your POV ???? 

There's a lot about Thailand you don't grasp, though you seem to think you know how things work around here :wink:

5 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Oh and before I go bottom line he was never going to be in that job forever they routinely get transferred to their next assignments regardless of why he was transferred.  He’s not the first Immigration Chief and I assure you that his replacement will not be the last one either.  So everyone ought to relax about it.  

Routinely transferred to an inactive post? 

He's been sacked without getting the sack is the way I see it.