'Very ill' Brit tourist, 25, stranded in Thai hospital as family appeal for help

webfact

1 minute ago, twocatsmac said:

I beg to differ. Many retirees are residing here on tourist visas. 

I quite agree, especially those who are so-called "snowbirds", escaping the northern winter for a few months in Thailand.  An METV makes a great deal more sense for them than an O-A

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I am cynical. £25,000 is a suspiciously round number. Details are scant.

My first thoughts were drugs or botched cosmetic surgery; either might explain the apparent lack of insurance or detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

The NHS also loses billons on clipboard carriers, crap IT systems that dont work, bend drugs deals with big pharma, staff absenteeism, needless cosmetic surgery and compensation for killing, crippling and maiming people with poor treatment.

But it's ok, it's free, right?

The NHS deals mostly with avoidable health issues that are a result of poor lifestyle choices ... smoking, drugs, obesity, etc. Self inflicted issues. 

The fact that a person is treated in the UK, no questions asked, is to my mind a sign of a decent society. If someone arrives as a tourist, is knocked over by a car, I’ve no issue with the country helping that person. Not everyone has insurance and not every insurer plays fair by people ... they constantly look for opportunities to invalidate your claim. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

On the fundraising page, dad James said: "Rebekah is in hospital in Phuket with a serious infection and is very ill.

0_Rebekah-Fulton.jpg

An online fundraiser has been launched to help the woman get back to the UK (Image: Facebook)

Ba... ba... but... they are from the UK? Will they lie? This cant be true...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Check out here social media, she has been in Thailand for years, so not a tourist.

already did and reflected that in an earlier post, she managed to stay in SEA for a prolonged period - how she managed that is a mystery since immigration are clamping down, maybe she had an arrangement 

fine fit looking girl, hope she fully recovers

not sure about the fundme though

Edited by smedly

Quoted from the Daily Mail.

Now the 25-year-old's desperate father James Geddes, 48, has launched a £25,000 GoFundMe appeal to fly his stricken daughter home fearing she may have meningitis.

Ms Fulton was set to take up a manager job at the venue before falling ill.

She has been in the country on a non visitor visa but was just days away from getting a worker visa.

Mr Geddes, 48, said: 'About two weeks ago, she developed an ear infection and I told her to go to the doctors.

'It then spread into her lymph glands under one of her arms and they became inflamed - it was huge.

'She went to the local clinic and they gave her antibiotics which clearly didn't work.'

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I just set the spare bedroom up as a dungeon but I could convert it to a hospital room by tomorrow it that will help offset costs while she is still in the country.  

I thought she was supposed to be the sick one. Any dragons in your dungeon?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I just set the spare bedroom up as a dungeon but I could convert it to a hospital room by tomorrow it that will help offset costs while she is still in the country.  

You may get jammed with something else than IBS this time

• Haha 1