Bad feeling about Pattaya

Pattayabeerbacon

there are a lot more indians and middle eastern people in pataya now..they dont handle drink very well...

chinese seldom frequent the bars..

other than that-- its same same for pattaya...still much better and cheaper than nana plaza or soi cowboy..

39 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

Pattaya has completely changed and will never be the unique / hip almost magical circus it once was ....... even the stunning young girls that were once so plentiful everywhere have all but vanished . Tour groups and tackyness along with trash and traffic have replaced what was once a kind of artful paradise

Completely agree. I had my honeymoon in Pattaya  in 1971 when first married. It was pristine. I though this must surely be the  mythical Shangrila that we all seek,   One Western hotel; beautiful blue water and no traffic or tourists.

Fast Forward- I have visited many times since- year after year- the city keeps losing any sense of being a friendly, clean vibrant city.  That wonderful feeling of yesteryear has been replaced with an awareness that this is not really Thailand and the city that was once Shangrila is closer to  Chernobyl.

The  locals have become surly; don't really like foreigners and  many of the foreigners  represent the World's worst citizens mostly looking for another drink' another person to scam or a monger.  The city is dirty. disgusting and degenerate.  It;s no wonder that  the hotels are  half empty and  quality tourists give it a pass. It could be cleaned up- but  that would mean someone had to make an effort to do it or gave a damn.

Pattaya is a dump plain and simple but it does have some good deals on longer term condo rentals, plenty of paid sexual adventures and lots of bars opening early in the morning to quench the thirst of the addicted if that is your cup of tea.  Otherwise don't waste your time go south young man!!!!

Edited by losworld

1 minute ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

The pattaya local expats also are quite surly and moody.

Atleast bangkok expats give the time of day and have more going for them than excess alcohol usage and mongering.

Kin hell. You gotta be the worst troll I’ve seen on here. Up your game or jog on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

The pattaya local expats also are quite surly and moody.

Atleast bangkok expats give the time of day and have more going for them than excess alcohol usage and mongering.

I thought the Brits all left because the currency problems?

6 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Yep korat above 100 aqi and CM at above 200.

Bangkok floating at just under 60 , Nothing i cannot handle.

You believe data published by the authorities. The aqi only measures PMI 2.5. It doesn't measure stuff such as nitrogen and sulphur oxides, of which I'm confident Bangkok has plenty.

22 hours ago, balo said:

Really , I have not been scammed and lived here 7 years....

Same here.

But then there are those who claim you have been scammed 100's of times you just did not know it.

Mostly negative Paranoid BSers...

Edited by bkk6060

2 hours ago, losworld said:

Pattaya is a dump plain and simple but it does have some good deals on longer term condo rentals, plenty of paid sexual adventures and lots of bars opening early in the morning to quench the thirst of the addicted if that is your cup of tea. 

Inexpensive housing, plenty of girls, bars if needed. Add some great golf what else do you need it is a very nice retirement place.

Let us know what better and fantastic place is best for you...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Just arrived in BKK yesterday and the vibe is OK, no real stresses or underlying issue, just regular thai people going about there day.

Its only the ones heavily involved in the tourist industry who appeared unstable and sketchy/ moody as no customers to keep them afloat so they do what they always do and scare away existing customers with scowling sour faces and general unfriendlyness.

You just arrived in BKK from Pattaya yesterday and managed to gain all that knowledge. Amazing, all that in 24hrs. You my good man are either a superhero or full of ,,,,,,. 

10 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Not all.

Vibe was funny last trip, couldnt put my finger on it.

Too much scowl and attitude, A sense of true misery lurks in Pattaya as of late.

Are you meant to put your finger on the vibe? I thought it was meant for erotic stimulation.????

21 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I guess im losing my edge.

Fell for bill padding once, Got ripped off 1000 baht from a ST soi 6 lady and got one bank card stolen all in 24 hours.

It sounds like you are a magnet just waiting for things to happen. Do not get drunk and if you do do not go looking for girls

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, losworld said:

Pattaya is a dump plain and simple but it does have some good deals on longer term condo rentals, plenty of paid sexual adventures and lots of bars opening early in the morning to quench the thirst of the addicted if that is your cup of tea.  Otherwise don't waste your time go south young man!!!!

They have late night tea bars?

No good for me at my age, I get up too many times already for a #1

12 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I can not deny I have changed in the 20 odd years since I first came to Thailand, but Pattaya in that time has also changed massively. You have either not been coming here very long or must walk around with your eyes shut.

If I were to come to Pattaya now for a holiday for the first time, I dare say I would have a good time and make the most of what is here, but doubt I would ever return for a second time. Quite a contrast to the past two decades of my life.

Wrong on both counts. Ive been coming for the past 25 years. 

What was available then, is now. Difference is I’m now interested to the same degree I was then so I tend to go elsewhere and only visit once or twice a year. Not because it’s necessarily changed for the worse, I’ve got more boring. 

9 hours ago, mercman24 said:

4 years in BKK coughing my guts up due to exhaust pollution, (hospital report) and the scammers are there also, its JOMTIEN for me,  lovely sea air,  baht bus into PATS, wont get me going back to BKK

Agreed Jomtiem all the way - a bit rubbish and a bit brilliant as well. 

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Agreed Jomtiem all the way - a bit rubbish and a bit brilliant as well. 

Absolutely Jomtien all the way still reasonably cheap to buy or rent in the view talay buildings

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Absolutely Jomtien all the way still reasonably cheap to buy or rent in the view talay buildings

Bought in Talay 2 15th floor 35sqm condo for 1.3m - cracking views, clean air and the Jomtiem breeze that doesn't seem to get over Pratumnahk Hill.  Baht buses and Airport bus on your doorstep, then airport link speeds you into Bkk if required, Thepprasit Road fresh and night markets, daily morning fish sales on the beach and wonderful French bakery in so-called Supertown. Solid good value without the stuckupness of Hua Hin. One couldn't want for more..... 

• Like 1

Bought in Talay 2 15th floor 35sqm condo for 1.3m - cracking views, clean air and the Jomtiem breeze that doesn't seem to get over Pratumnahk Hill.  Baht buses and Airport bus on your doorstep, then airport link speeds you into Bkk if required, Thepprasit Road fresh and night markets, daily morning fish sales on the beach and wonderful French bakery in so-called Supertown. Solid good value without the stuckupness of Hua Hin. One couldn't want for more..... 
I stay right there every year for a month when taking a break from Bangkok. You did well that's a solid well maintained building with a great pool
  • Like 1