Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

He's still pissed off i beat him in the GF off fantasy...dont know what you mean grant...if your not up with the discussions here best you leave it....just remember the Dees no matter how bad they get there still got 12 premierships to the Swans 3 ....in the end the number stack up.

Nothing to do with fantasy football, it's your 1950's misogynistic mentality that pisses me off and you'd do well to remember who posted the initial post about Dustin Martin finding himself in this mess before you carry on about keeping up with discussions...

And speaking of sour grapes, it must still irk you that they gave women the right to vote back when you were still a lad, which was probably about the same time as Melbourne last won a grand final..

He's still pissed off i beat him in the GF off fantasy...dont know what you mean grant...if your not up with the discussions here best you leave it....just remember the Dees no matter how bad they get there still got 12 premierships to the Swans 3 ....in the end the number stack up.

Nothing to do with fantasy football, it's your 1950's misogynistic mentality that pisses me off and you'd do well to remember who posted the initial post about Dustin Martin finding himself in this mess before you carry on about keeping up with discussions...

And speaking of sour grapes, it must still irk you that they gave women the right to vote back when you were still a lad, which was probably about the same time as Melbourne last won a grand final..

Ahhhhh were using hard words too baffle people, umm its all banter here, most people can read between the lines and take it for what it is, as for starting the Dusty thread didn't know you owned it and if ya wanna be picky i started the Aussie rules threading in the first place under another id back in late 2011or may have been early 2012.....time slips away for an old brain, i don't own it all were welcome and gee look what it has become.

I think your history knowledge sucks GRANT, women got the vote back around the early 1900's Dee's won there last flag 1964 which is about 36 years before you were born ho and lets not forget since your trying to make a point of it thats about 8 more premierships than the Swans currently own, i did say the number speak for them selves....

Age Saturday morning,

Some more tripe on the Martin affair , well its that time of year filler is required this time its about police getting involved to late, nothing new its all been said before.

Hawks are most likely to offer Clarkson a 3 year deal with option of a fourth or a straight 4 year deal...speculation of course and unwise, big pay out when it all goes belly up.

Nathan Jones holds captaincy...you know that long forgotten team the one that last won a flag around the time of the first womens vote, that all surviving supporters would be as old as George Washington or Bob Hawk, wait.....theres more......you get a set of steak knifes with the towel when you buy a membership. He and Viney were in my GF fantasy team and they played blinders, both pulling in something like 130 points each in that last game....allowing me to beat who ever it was i was playing by more than 100 points....

Bulldogs post a profit, $388,000...good work boys hope the team can keep it up.

Son of former Crows coach Phil Walsh pleads not guilt to murder due to mental incompetence, unfortunalty and on a serious note much to much mental health issues go un noticed and untreated, some times that person who is "different" in the work place or social setting is set upon, ridiculed, made to feel inferior because they don't fit in nice and neat.

Sydney FC go down to Adelaide United last night 2-1 with a penalty in the 95th min, well once were high flyers playing strugglers ends in coach refusing to give media interview after the game......it must have hurt a lot, Victory to

night play top spot Wanderers in what should be the match of the season so far, the Vics coming off a loss weren't complaining to loudly of Wellingtons pitch or similar matching strip, i saw that game the ground look like a cow paddock and it wasn't easy to pick who was what due to similar colour strips.

Billy the man who would be king and social climber Shorten caught texting while driving is car down King way Melbourne recently, was doing ok in the tipping last year but fell away around round 14 bit like his popularity, has had some poor media attention in recent times, should now pick up his ball and go home he won't ever get to lead Australia.

• Like 2

I think your history knowledge sucks GRANT, women got the vote back around the early 1900's Dee's won there last flag 1964 which is about 36 years before you were born ho and lets not forget since your trying to make a point of it thats about 8 more premierships than the Swans currently own, i did say the number speak for them selves....

I can't say too much about 1964...It was 50 years ago...but I do know the Swans have been in the finals for 12 of the past 13 seasons. Not such a bad effort considering there are now an extra 6 clubs competing in the comp

Mav Weller gives the Gold Coast a right bollocking... Suns' sacking 'a blessing in disguise', says Weller

MAV WELLER has re-signed with St Kilda for three years and taken a swing at his former club Gold Coast in the process, saying he's glad it delisted him.

Speaking exclusively with AFL.com.au, Weller did not hold back when asked about his axing from the Suns at the end of 2013, lining up the club and former coach Guy McKenna.

Since joining the Saints via the rookie draft, Weller has been right at home, playing 36 games, joining the leadership group and now recommitting until the end of 2018.

But the 23-year-old says his time with the Suns was anything but memorable.

"I didn't believe I should have been delisted – I thought they were making a pretty big mistake, but that's for them," Weller said.

"I'm glad they made that decision.

"I don't believe they do things properly, to be honest with you.

"I was on edge up there. I don't feel as though a lot of the players played with fear their spot was (in danger), and that's the way I played.

"I've gone to a club that rewards hard work. You earn respect and once you've got it you've got it and I've thrived in that environment. It was a perfect match."

Weller was an inaugural Sun, taken as one of the 12 17-year-old access selections granted to Gold Coast as part of its list build.

He played 32 games in three seasons and despite finishing a difficult 2013 with a career-high 27 disposals against Greater Western Sydney in the final round, was cut.

"I had an up and down final year there, broke my shoulder which didn't help, then played a couple of really good games at the end of the year and they said "Nah, not good enough"," Weller recalled.

"I was always going to ask for a trade anyway and get out of there because I didn't believe in the club, didn't believe in the coach and just wanted to get out of there to further my footy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-12/suns-sacking-a-blessing-in-disguise-says-weller

• Like 2

I can't say too much about 1964...It was 50 years ago...but I do know the Swans have been in the finals for 12 of the past 13 seasons. Not such a bad effort considering there are now an extra 6 clubs competing in the comp

Lets not get into us and them hey bookie....i like the Swans i like there style jumper sucks a bit but its ok, we won't even talk about the money drain you guys were on the rest of us....the squillions we poured into a dead beat team for close to 30 years that VFL at the time sent to the harbour city, Swans were on there knees...since I'm SO OLD i do recall all the who har of the day mate if the VFL didn't push you guys to go they were dead...

Yeah yeah the Dee's were bad...but not as bad as the Swans were back then, and i have always maintained that i would have let the Dees go to the wall, relocate or merge.

The Swans should be congratulated for being contenders most years, they do Finnish top 4 most of that time, super effort but in the end there are no second prizes, 12 premiership cups to 4 speaks volumes....interestingly the Hawks now have 13 all from 1961 but the rush started in the mid to late 70's/

• Like 1

Mav Weller gives the Gold Coast a right bollocking...

Suns' sacking 'a blessing in disguise', says Weller

MAV WELLER has re-signed with St Kilda for three years and taken a swing at his former club Gold Coast in the process, saying he's glad it delisted him.

Speaking exclusively with AFL.com.au, Weller did not hold back when asked about his axing from the Suns at the end of 2013, lining up the club and former coach Guy McKenna.

Since joining the Saints via the rookie draft, Weller has been right at home, playing 36 games, joining the leadership group and now recommitting until the end of 2018.

But the 23-year-old says his time with the Suns was anything but memorable.

"I didn't believe I should have been delisted – I thought they were making a pretty big mistake, but that's for them," Weller said.

"I'm glad they made that decision.

"I don't believe they do things properly, to be honest with you.

"I was on edge up there. I don't feel as though a lot of the players played with fear their spot was (in danger), and that's the way I played.

"I've gone to a club that rewards hard work. You earn respect and once you've got it you've got it and I've thrived in that environment. It was a perfect match."

Weller was an inaugural Sun, taken as one of the 12 17-year-old access selections granted to Gold Coast as part of its list build.

He played 32 games in three seasons and despite finishing a difficult 2013 with a career-high 27 disposals against Greater Western Sydney in the final round, was cut.

"I had an up and down final year there, broke my shoulder which didn't help, then played a couple of really good games at the end of the year and they said "Nah, not good enough"," Weller recalled.

"I was always going to ask for a trade anyway and get out of there because I didn't believe in the club, didn't believe in the coach and just wanted to get out of there to further my footy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-12/suns-sacking-a-blessing-in-disguise-says-weller

The Saints can pick them cant they?

GC surly is vacation town, but good young mav is still showing immaturity no wonder the Suns cut him.

• Like 1

Lets not get into us and them hey bookie....i like the Swans i like there style jumper sucks a bit but its ok, we won't even talk about the money drain you guys were on the rest of us....the squillions we poured into a dead beat team for close to 30 years that VFL at the time sent to the harbour city, Swans were on there knees...since I'm SO OLD i do recall all the who har of the day mate if the VFL didn't push you guys to go they were dead...

Yeah yeah the Dee's were bad...but not as bad as the Swans were back then, and i have always maintained that i would have let the Dees go to the wall, relocate or merge.

The Swans should be congratulated for being contenders most years, they do Finnish top 4 most of that time, super effort but in the end there are no second prizes, 12 premiership cups to 4 speaks volumes....interestingly the Hawks now have 13 all from 1961 but the rush started in the mid to late 70's/

I agree with most of what u say here Alex.

Sydney had a horror run... 3 wooden spoons in a row... awful management ... inability to retain decent players. A bit of a joke in some ways. But, that is in the past...over 20 years ago now...so not relevant to today so much.

Swans have been well run the last 20 years. 13 years of finals. Ability to retain decent payers. Ability to recruit decent players. Ability to polish a rough stone or discarded nugget into a gem.

But... complacency is a killer, so i just hope the current board and support staff maintain the high values.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh were using hard words too baffle people, umm its all banter here, most people can read between the lines and take it for what it is, as for starting the Dusty thread didn't know you owned it and if ya wanna be picky i started the Aussie rules threading in the first place under another id back in late 2011or may have been early 2012.....time slips away for an old brain, i don't own it all were welcome and gee look what it has become.

Feel free to point out where I laid claim to owning the thread, I merely countered your assertion that I didn't know what I was talking about in regards to Dustin Martin. No one was talking about who started this thread or that thread - it wasn't up for discussion but if it makes you feel better about yourself feel free to lay claim to starting this thread and may we all bow to your supreme intellect and foresight.

Good to see you know when women "got the vote" and before you start blabbering into your schooner glass about historical inaccuracies:

The Swans have won 5 flags & you're claiming I'm a 15 year old (which is ironic as your grammar is worse than a 15 year old) but then again who am I to be picky about such trivial matters...

I am curious though, does the publican give you a set of keys to the pub so you can open it up for him in the morning?

Boys having a bit of a posting dust up! ??

All started over some busybody rag called Tracy.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of or known a Tracy that wasn’t trouble.

Gee, even naming a tropical storm Tracy ended bad.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

St Kilda stopper Mav Weller backtracks on criticism of former Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna

Newly re-signed St Kilda enforcer Mav Weller says criticism of his directed at former coach Guy McKenna was taken out of context.

It was announced on Saturday that Weller, 23, had extended his contract with the Saints for a further two years, tying him to the club until the end of 2018.

In a story on the AFL website, Weller slammed McKenna, who coached the hard-nosed utility during his time at the Suns, which ended with his delisting at the end of 2013. Recounting his final year at the expansion club, Weller said his axing was a "blessing in disguise."

"I was always going to ask for a trade anyway and get out of there because I didn't believe in the club, didn't believe in the coach and just wanted to get out of there to further my footy," Weller said.

However speaking later on Saturday at a street Christmas party hosted by St Kilda in Brighton, Weller backtracked on his earlier words. "I was just asked a question - how I felt about my last year at the Gold Coast Suns. I just didn't enjoy it, just because of injury, I was a bit out of form and that sort of stuff. There was nothing spiteful towards Guy.

"I've got the utmost respect for him, and the club as well. They gave me the shot to live my AFL dream and I'm very grateful for that. [The story] was sort of a bit bended, and it is what it is."

McKenna was ultimately sacked by the Suns at the end of 2014. He was recently appointed an assistant coach at Essendon.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/st-kilda-stopper-mav-weller-backtracks-on-criticism-of-gold-coast-coach-guy-mckenna-20151212-glm0m1.html#ixzz3u5jXyqc6

• Like 1

Don't worry bookie I'm not going to go on about it, won't even bother to point out the inaccuracies , i normally don't read his posts anyway as this is the part of the season...off season that i enjoy most once season proper starts it all becomes a yawn for me.

No hard feelings from me I'm just here to entertain myself and if some off you guys want to laugh and join me come along, at the end of the day we all have different views on things see things differently to, others can be the judge if they think its worth judging and there is always that ignore button.

• Like 2

Bloody hell! Can't wait to they have something to really argue about.

Were not arguing its friendly banter he and i have a rivalry back last season in the Fantasy bit like Carlton Collingwood or anyone Collingwood think we ended the season 2-2, will give him credit where its due he was finishing the season strongly knocked off you, oops i mean chooks who had won 19 on the trott i had to rely on my crap AFL team to play well in the last round of the season to win the GF and luckily for me they did.

You worked out who supports who yetlaugh.png

I think we have 3 x swannies

2 x eagles

1 x roo's

1 x dockers

1 x dee;s

1 x lions

and a bully's i think,cant be bothered looking back for sure as i didn't win last year.tongue.png .

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

2 x eagles

1 x roo's

1 x dockers

1 x dee;s

1 x lions

and a bully's i think,cant be bothered looking back for sure as i didn't win last year.tongue.png .

Surprises me we only have 3 Swans supporters...having been in the finals 12 of the last 13 years...I'd have thought more supporters would have jumped on the winning wagon.

Don't forget Chimpy. He supports the Saints now

• Like 2

2 x eagles

1 x roo's

1 x dockers

1 x dee;s

1 x lions

Surprises me we only have 3 Swans supporters...having been in the finals 12 of the last 13 years...I'd have thought more supporters would have jumped on the winning wagon.

Don't forget Chimpy. He supports the Saints now

Who is the third swan after you and grant?

Why no more Swans....might have something to do with ladder position between the 1920's to the 2000's .....it will be another 40 years before there old enough to retire to Thailand....

Jo a doggie?

Ron and eagle

wait I'm confused now...

Fang is an honorary Demon ....you will look goof in red and dark blue

Some sunday morning humour to kick the week off....

Yep the Dali Lama has no idea what to do with it...

Thanks for this alex, I've forwarded the Collingwood one to my ex boss who is one eyed collingwood and who now sports the same hair style.

• Like 1