Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Freo Dockers sagas.. From Footy Classified on Monday night..discussion of Ross and Nat Fyfe and Ballantyne...about 5.30 mins into the show... 
KhunWills and GS's buddy Damien Barrett shows an interesting clip about Ross Lyon and effectively calls him a hypocrite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Speaking of Brisbane

Does anyone think the AFL should step in? 

Maybe convince a Melbourne AFL club to move up there...give them a supporter base...that should fix the problems

At the end of the 1996 season, the very proud but struggling Fitzroy Football Club was merged with Brissy Bears to  become Brisbane Lions.   Fitzroy players, silverware and history went north also.  

The Lions' Victorian supporter base  was also  supposed to be absorbed, but I am sceptical how well it worked.     Would another Melbourne refugee team be any more successful if it fled to the Sunshine State?  Maybe Western Bulldogs to Cairns???

Back in the 2015 Heritage Round, Brisbane wore this classic FFC jumper, proudly modelled here by club stalwarts Gary Wilson, Kevin Murray and Pearce Hanley.........ahhh......time to reminisce.

Yes, that is Gary Wilson on the left of picture.   Didn't recognise him without his bike helmet on.

1434752891240.jpg

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

If WCE defeat Hawthorn then Norths will defeat the Swans.

Three times this season the Swans have played a game that if they had won they would have been No 1. Three times they have lost. Will they repeat the history? 

I hope not after the WCE defeat Hawthorn.

Mate..mate...mate...haven't u heard?  Twinkletoes Tippet is back baby!!!  Up forward booting a handful...The Swans are unstoppable!!!

Having said that...North have won their last 8 games at Blundstone arena...

Edited by BookMan
spelling

15 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Mate..mate...mate...haven't u heard?  Twinkletoes Tippet is back baby!!!  Up forward booting a handful...The Swans are unstoppable!!!

Having said that...North have won their last 8 games at Blundstone arena...

Kieren Jack is out of the team.

Good news Gary Rohan has signed on until 2020

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Buenos dias Mr WILL.... were head to head to night....Im picking the powerful HAWKS tonight against your Weagles, if your true to form you will take your side playing way out west, i  dare say the brash master BOOKS will be tightening the screws on you too. A Hawks win narrows it down with 17 games to go and yes I've put my neck on the block on at least one other game......

Will the unflappable hombre joven (young man) proud as punch and eyeing off judy be able to repeat the rooster walk one more time? Well this time I'm sure I'm in bed with him on the first game though its a king size bed with a line of pillows separating us not to mention the barb wire i installed last night....but....... I'm safe i know he likes young Thai women......how young? well legal age ....just....

Mr JoBlow  still basking in the success off making the finals fist year of fantasy about time you picked your game up in tipping...put on your reading glasses before you do your tipping today.

Dogs, Saints and Pies perdido (lost out) with Hurley resigning, 5 year deal and swillions to stay, meanwhile its a forgone conclusion Jobe will return, really has no choice, dad and he one team players it stands to reason not to mention there is no money being a barista even if your learning to draw a cafe in swanky New York, meanwhile the Dee's keep circling the wagin train hoping to pick off al la carte Hibbered, a ready made fresh defender is on the menu for next season, in the bag en la balsa......

Roumor lo tiene at 4 & 40 is the pink slip has been given Cloke is on his way to the Dogs or Tigers or anyone else who will have him, the same reliable sources are also confident Dane Swan has played his last game, that another 4 premiership players are on very planta shaky (shaky ground) they being Nathan Brown, Jarryd Blair, Tyson Goldsack and Brent Macaffer ....house hold names on everyone lips....

My thoughts a few years after Malthouse became a 4 & 20 coach was he had seen better days, for sure he was astute at the Dogs and certainly top of the crop when at the Eagles, by the time he had moved back to Victoria the state of gardner nomes he had been overtaken in the departamento de inteligencia de futbol, couldn't do much with the list they had and mind you it wasn't anything like Dees had or Lions have,  pretty much guttered it and manage to squeeze a flag out of a few all so rans, more good luck than good planning....Soooooo the question now is how good is Eddie? he runs the place like a dictator, as is Kim Sun whatever his name in North Korea has the job for life, a golpe incurento (bloodless coup) should be beginning to ferment as was at Tiger land with a few board members taken out on the quite.

The Pies are in disarray Bucks is safe as long as Eddie pulls the strings, the ropes of change should be begging to tighten, the once ruthless Pies are now tame like guinea pigs.

Quite an essay there old fella...

Hawks or West Coast?  Havent quite decided..

North v Sydney... I reckon this will be close.  Blundstone arena effect.

Saints v Richmond..another game to go a tip up. These teams are evenly matched and we saw what Richmond did to Geelong for 3 quarters last week. Their best can match it for a quarter anyway.
My money would be on YOU tipping Richmond here...continuing your Bromance with Damien Hardwick...Maybe Damien would like to share the bed with you Alex?

The smoky for me is the Collingwood v Gold Coast game... I am considering GC here

So , if i pick Hawthorn, Richmond and Gold Coast...and they all win...I should be equal with WillyWonka
Of course, if they all lose I will be about 7th on the tipping ladder :gigglem:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Kieren Jack is out of the team.

Good news Gary Rohan has signed on until 2020

Benny Mcglynn in for Jack...I hope Benny pops up with more gusto and effort after his spell in the NEAFL
Good news on Rohan.  We need his pace and x-factor.

Still look a certainty Tommy Tradebait is off to the Hawks...

AHHHHH the silencio is deafening we have him on the ropes....WE KNOW WILL ALWAYS take the Eagles at home...will WILL bowel and under arm?

And you brash young man also know WILL always takes the EAGLES at home the pistol is loaded this time with 2 heads in the way.....

Your assumption on other games are just that,  just like you arriesgarme but with mucho thought behind it, like i said in many posts before i not need to worry about you unless in front you dont play safe and you will be reckless...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joboss said:

Weagles v Hawks 

I'll be tipping with my heart,, WCE by 11 points.

Interesting enough,, Sportsbet has the Eagles at $1.76;  Hawks at $2.10. 

I thought you left your heart on a Phuket beach when all she left you was a pair of copy Ray Ban's.

As for the betting I'm not a gambler and am so disappointed the peoples game is helping to legitimise what is really a social stigma, Alcohol and gambling should be banned from any sort of advertising as is tobacco, not saying to ban it just get it out of view, adults can make up there own mind but the kids think its normal.

Well of course the Eagles would be favs, you and WILL follow them but over her in the big VIC where football began its not so....Hawks by a mile....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I thought you left your heart on a Phuket beach when all she left you was a pair of copy Ray Ban's.

As for the betting I'm not a gambler and am so disappointed the peoples game is helping to legitimise what is really a social stigma, Alcohol and gambling should be banned from any sort of advertising as is tobacco, not saying to ban it just get it out of view, adults can make up there own mind but the kids think its normal.

Well of course the Eagles would be favs, you and WILL follow them but over her in the big VIC where football began its not so....Hawks by a mile....

It's Cottesloe Beach.  Google Earth,  lat -31.995830  lon 115.752200.  My man cave is on the corner opposite the Seaview Golf Course.

I think if I was to pick up a set of Ray Bans (true or fake) on Patong Beach, I would have to be lighting fast and even then if spotted by the local boys would have to give them up to avoid a kicking.  You might find me in Phuket poolside for a romantic weekend with a BKK lovely, but ,, that's about it.

I agree with you in regards to the promotion of gambling. Gambling has high jacked sport.  Unsolicited odds advertising should be banned, on all mediums.

I just hope that next year to tip or play fantasy I will not have to do it by a forced “free” subscription channelled through a betting agency partnered with the AFL.  Signing up for 2016 was a rocky road enough.

• Like 1

I have found 2 pairs of sunglasses in recent years, 1 pair were Oakley looked like a young buck chippie's must have been on a building site, use to leave them hanging from my left sun visor had them for about 3 years...they vanished from my work ute one day didn't know it until i went to grab them and "presto" gone.....the other pair was at the beach, aviators down near the "prom" Wisons prom" boy ok? Its in Victoria home of Football....South East spot on the big island in case you needed google earth to work it out for you....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

AHHHHH the silencio is deafening we have him on the ropes....WE KNOW WILL ALWAYS take the Eagles at home...will WILL bowel and under arm?

And you brash young man also know WILL always takes the EAGLES at home the pistol is loaded this time with 2 heads in the way.....

Your assumption on other games are just that,  just like you arriesgarme but with mucho thought behind it, like i said in many posts before i not need to worry about you unless in front you dont play safe and you will be reckless...

For someone who says they don't care where they finish...you seem awfully focused on the mind games.

Will27 is a lovely polite poster...he is under stress being on top... no need to hammer it home

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Sorry for the silence gang.

Just got back from the dentist and as I don't have a smart phone, didn't think it was quite appropriate to ask him to stop halfway through

while I borrow his computer to log onto TV.

Bloody hate going to the dentist. The only solace was knowing the crown I got would've cost 3 or 4 times as much in Oz.

Most other blokes would be recuperating on the sofa but as BookMan knows, I have a high pain threshold so here goes.

Two genuine fitty fitty games this round again. WC and Hawks tonight is a real tough one. The Eagles have been winning ugly and aren't playing that well.

Not sure if last weeks win will have them up and about. Looking at the Hawks line up, I don't think they have the depth of previous years. Having said that,

they're hard to beat when the heats on. Nic Nat a huge inclusion for the boys. For me, a toss of the coin.

The other close one is the Tiges versus the Saints. Richmond have a good record against Saint Kilda but Hardwick has swung the axe and dropped 4.

You would think Saint Kilda would like to bounce back after last week but Tom Hickey is a huge out for them. Richmond remind me a bit of Norf, never know

who will turn up.

Can't see Norf upsetting Sydney but they have got a good record in Tassie.

BookMan may be right, the Collingwood/GC game could be tougher than it first looks. Taylor Adams is a huge out for Collingwood and you'd think Rocket would've

given his boys a rocket after last week.

All in all, another interesting round.

Good luck boys.

If you had an iPhone WILL TV app isn't working on it yet nor the iPad for that matter must log in with the trusty PCF, my my i admire you with no tech anything at your finger tips you manage to blow the boys away here, you cant go past the Eagles at home i mean its just un patriotic of you to do so.

I guess id be nervous going to an isaan dentist too, ummm hope the drugs have worn off before you did you tipping, if the wheels fall off this weekend we know why.....

Buena suerte 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Good win for WCE. Injury worries for Nic Naitanui. Looks like Bookman did take WCE. Poor prediction Alex. In fact in our comp the majority of our tipsters went with WCE.

Big problem is tomorrow. Can the Swans ascend to number 1?

NO easy win for the Swans down in Tassie... But if they can pull it off and win next week against richmond they should have top 2

• Like 1