Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Im still smarting from the comment by Old Croc regarding the IQ of Victorians....well i have done the test average is 100 and i got 113, i dont pretend to be a genius but im certainly no fool .....you dont need brains to make money either lot of simple folk made it big, Croc's comment was a put down designed to shut you up or put you down and or controlling through ridicule,  for anyone game or looking for some light relief be my guest and take the test, just 20 questions.... 

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

ps...JoBlow if you couldnt work that out...dont take the test.

Thank you Alex for your confirmation.   Sam Jacobs it is then.

I'll take the test after I have a sundowner.  I am always smarter after after a few drams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It matters a great deal actually.

Syd, Ade, Geelong and Hawthorn are all on 64 points.

WC, GWS and the WB are on 60.

If Adelaide lose, they could drop to 3rd and miss a home final.

Hawthorn could drop out of the 4 and go to 7th depending on results.

WC could drop to 7th or finish as high as 3rd.

Heaps of permutations for this round.

I would like to see the Saints get in.  Either way I am getting excited and it's only Tuesday.

• Like 1

As stated a week ago the rumor mill working over time at 4 and 20 land  Dane Swan has announced his retirement today. Shame about that he was one hell of a good player.

The Hawks open aged care facilities at there training base Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Shaun Burgoyne sign contract extensions for 2017.

Lions met to review its football department this week the question is how to handle Leppitsch and most if not all of his staff's exit, another big question looming is of there captain Tom Rockliff reportedly willing to sign a new contract for the small sum of $750,000 per season, many in Lion land would prefer to trade him off saying they could expect a top 10 draft pick or an up and coming player in the 21 to 23 age bracket plus a lower draft pick. His leadership is in question  style and relationship on and off the field with team mates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

.......the G has been home to the Grand Final since 1902.......

BZZZZ.   I would have expected much better research skills from a Victorian with such a high IQ.

The 42, 43 and 45 GF's were held at Princes Park, home of the Mighty Blues, and 44 was at Junction Oval St. Kilda.   This was during WWII and the MCG had been commandeered for army barracks.

91 GF was at Arctic Park (that's Waverley Park for you lesser mortals from interstate) whilst the G was being renovated to make it even better.   I will never forget Angry Anderson riding out on The Batmobile to belt out Bound for Glory as part of the warm-up.

I challenge even Sydney to match that for glitz and glamour. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, Ron19 said:

I found it for him.   :drunk:

Had the odd ale or three in this building over the years although it looks a little different since I was there last.

Slider gallery

Had a few there myself back in the day. They used to have a regular dance (stomp) there.

This was my regular in those times:

hotel.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Had a few there myself back in the day. They used to have a regular dance (stomp) there.

This was my regular in those times:

hotel.jpg

The Scarbs.  Nothing like a cold jug shared there.

Stop taking things so personally Alex, I'll start to confuse you with a certain Presidential candidate. The average Victorian IQ was 1 point below most other states, no big deal. It was an average, it didn't apply to everyone.  The ACT was several points higher than the others and we all know what idiots come from there.

If I recall correctly the celebrity with the highest IQ was a Victorian,  a character by the name of Red Symons.

I just took your silly IQ test and  I'm pissed off as I got my lowest ever score in these things.

I only got 132.

I have an issue with one of their answers, the definition of twig. I seem to recall there was also great controversy about one of the answers in the 2002 IQ test. The meaning of a word I can't remember now.They ended up accepting both.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, joboss said:

The Scarbs.  Nothing like a cold jug shared there.

Started going there as a kid. Many parents used to get the kids in their pajamas and leave us in the car in the carpark. We were kept quiet with a raspberry cordial while they got pissed inside.

Many years later it was a Sunday morning mecca for the hair of a dog. The bikies claimed the lawn area at the front and the surfies and others were packed in the bars. Never saw a bad incident, if you don't count the time a mate dropped what has been described as the most toxic fart of all time, and cleared the place out.

It was a great shame and it upset thousands when Bondy knocked the place down to build some crappy apartments.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Started going there as a kid. Many parents used to get the kids in their pajamas and leave us in the car in the carpark. We were kept quiet with a raspberry cordial while they got pissed inside.

Many years later it was a Sunday morning mecca for the hair of a dog. The bikies claimed the lawn area at the front and the surfies and others were packed in the bars. Never saw a bad incident, if you don't count the time a mate dropped what has been described as the most toxic fart of all time, and cleared the place out.

It was a great shame and it upset thousands when Bondy knocked the place down to build some crappy apartments.

Loved the dress code;

Thongs, board shorts, no shirts,

Bikinis, tits out on the lawn,

Our generation was a good time to be young,

I pity the youth of today..

Bondy was a dog..

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

BZZZZ.   I would have expected much better research skills from a Victorian with such a high IQ.

The 42, 43 and 45 GF's were held at Princes Park, home of the Mighty Blues, and 44 was at Junction Oval St. Kilda.   This was during WWII and the MCG had been commandeered for army barracks.

91 GF was at Arctic Park (that's Waverley Park for you lesser mortals from interstate) whilst the G was being renovated to make it even better.   I will never forget Angry Anderson riding out on The Batmobile to belt out Bound for Glory as part of the warm-up.

I challenge even Sydney to match that for glitz and glamour. 

• Like 1

Radar the brethren here that are not Vics wouldnt know there not listening and there all emotional at the moment,  so giving out to many facts would only confuse them....as for Angry and his band...never were my cup of tea....on the border of punk and noise....more noise as i was into punk....

11 hours ago, Old Croc said:

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Stop taking things so personally Alex, I'll start to confuse you with a certain Presidential candidate. The average Victorian IQ was 1 point below most other states, no big deal. It was an average, it didn't apply to everyone.  The ACT was several points higher than the others and we all know what idiots come from there.

If I recall correctly the celebrity with the highest IQ was a Victorian,  a character by the name of Red Symons.

I just took your silly IQ test and  I'm pissed off as I got my lowest ever score in these things.

I only got 132.

I have an issue with one of their answers, the definition of twig. I seem to recall there was also great controversy about one of the answers in the 2002 IQ test. The meaning of a word I can't remember now.They ended up accepting both.

Im cool Mr Croc just sticking up for Chooks and Radar and the rest of us Vics, the tone in here has been of emotional clap trap over the GF, few understanding basic business practice or just ignoring it......

Twig is to a branch is what i picked....

You and Jo........ well....masterminds.....and to think jo could score so high in an IQ test then  couldnt work out ladder placing in the top 8.....simply amazing i think.......

Never thought I'd say this, but after watching Ed co-host AFL360 last night, I was hoping Robbo was there.

Absolutely dreadful. Hard to have a decent footy show when all Eddie wants to do is hero worship the players

and compare Dane Swan to a Bruce Springsteen song:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Never thought I'd say this, but after watching Ed co-host AFL360 last night, I was hoping Robbo was there.

Absolutely dreadful. Hard to have a decent footy show when all Eddie wants to do is hero worship the players

and compare Dane Swan to a Bruce Springsteen song:facepalm:

The first 20 minutes were all about Collingwood!!!

<deleted> is Eddie the tool doing in media.

North sacks 4 veterans. Announces rebuild, first announced 4 years ago, will start next year...Scott to sign 10 year extension!!
Meanwhile...Boomers daddy very very upset...threatens to stop driving Boomer to gameday

BRENT Harvey’s father says the family is devastated by North Melbourne’s decision to sack the games record-holder.

Neil Harvey took a phone call from his son just 30 minutes before coach Brad Scott fronted the media and revealed four veterans — Harvey, Nick Dal Santo, Michael Firrito and Drew Petrie — would not be playing for the Kangaroos in 2017.

“I just found out, Boom just rang me,’’ a stunned Neil told the Herald Sun.

HEARTBREAKING DECISION: KANGAROOS CUT CLUB CHAMPIONS

OPINION: BOOMER, VETERANS DESERVED BETTER

“He said, ‘Me, Dal Santo, Drew and Spud are not playing next year’.

“I said, ‘Nah, stop bulls----ing’.

“He’s devastated, I just left work and I’m devastated, I’m in shock.

“He didn’t tell me why, he’s going to call in tonight with the family and tell me everything.

“I just can’t believe it after Saturday’s performance against Sydney.’’

Harvey, 38, was close to best afield against the Swans on Saturday and finished with 32 disposals and three goals.

“He told me he was feeling great and that age was only a number,’’ Neil said.

GOING GOING: EVERY CLUB’S 2016 LIST CHANGES

Neil said he had already been contacted by a member of the cheer squad about signing a petition to keep Harvey at the club in 2017.

Harvey said it would not help his son and he wouldn’t get involved.

“He’s going to be hard to replace,’’ Neil said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne/brent-harveys-family-in-shock-after-north-melbourne-calls-time-on-champions-career/news-story/50fcca24fb2d11949b5b5f3011bd5b49&memtype=anonymous

Edited by BookMan

39 minutes ago, BookMan said:

North sacks 4 veterans. Announces rebuild, first announced 4 years ago, will start next year...Scott to sign 10 year extension!!
Meanwhile...Boomers daddy very very upset...threatens to stop driving Boomer to gameday

BRENT Harvey’s father says the family is devastated by North Melbourne’s decision to sack the games record-holder.

Neil Harvey took a phone call from his son just 30 minutes before coach Brad Scott fronted the media and revealed four veterans — Harvey, Nick Dal Santo, Michael Firrito and Drew Petrie — would not be playing for the Kangaroos in 2017.

“I just found out, Boom just rang me,’’ a stunned Neil told the Herald Sun.

HEARTBREAKING DECISION: KANGAROOS CUT CLUB CHAMPIONS

OPINION: BOOMER, VETERANS DESERVED BETTER

“He said, ‘Me, Dal Santo, Drew and Spud are not playing next year’.

“I said, ‘Nah, stop bulls----ing’.

“He’s devastated, I just left work and I’m devastated, I’m in shock.

“He didn’t tell me why, he’s going to call in tonight with the family and tell me everything.

“I just can’t believe it after Saturday’s performance against Sydney.’’

Harvey, 38, was close to best afield against the Swans on Saturday and finished with 32 disposals and three goals.

“He told me he was feeling great and that age was only a number,’’ Neil said.

GOING GOING: EVERY CLUB’S 2016 LIST CHANGES

Neil said he had already been contacted by a member of the cheer squad about signing a petition to keep Harvey at the club in 2017.

Harvey said it would not help his son and he wouldn’t get involved.

“He’s going to be hard to replace,’’ Neil said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne/brent-harveys-family-in-shock-after-north-melbourne-calls-time-on-champions-career/news-story/50fcca24fb2d11949b5b5f3011bd5b49&memtype=anonymous

TBH, I thought Boomer had another year in him but the other 3 are cooked.

I guess you can say the punt to get mature players in for a crack at the GF has failed.

I can see Norf really tumbling down the ladder next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Im cool Mr Croc just sticking up for Chooks and Radar and the rest of us Vics, the tone in here has been of emotional clap trap over the GF, few understanding basic business practice or just ignoring it......

Twig is to a branch is what i picked....

You and Jo........ well....masterminds.....and to think jo could score so high in an IQ test then  couldnt work out ladder placing in the top 8.....simply amazing i think.......

Studies show that is good practice to get elders that you are fond of to do mental tasks to keep their minds active to offset the encroach of possible dementia.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

I guess you can say the punt to get mature players in for a crack at the GF has failed.

Geelong did the same with their vets and took the club 1st.  How have Geelong been performing over the last 12 years with good management.  North know they can't move forward with tired players. I hated seeing Harvey and Hayes leave the saints but it is has to happen. De Santo left the saints and it opened up the door for Jack Steven to come in, would pick Steven in a team any day now over Dal and loved him.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BookMan said:

OPEN MIKE...Andrew Ireland...Former Collingwoood player, former Brisbane CEO  and current Sydney Swans CEO.  (Video is wrongly tagged as Liam Pickering).

Mike Sheehan's working beautifully this year on Open Mike, asks Ireland about his friendship with Emperor McGuire - everyone expecting him to be an Eddie Apologist, then, BANG! Right behind Goodesey! Great stuff. Interesting with the handling of getting Buddy Billions only player given the inside run was the skipper J Mac. Would've been a bit tough to keep that one under the radar.

Irish's seen a lot in his time and geez you'd be hard pressed not to be wanting to sign up for the Swans in 2017 ;)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

I see Boomer's #1 supporter had a bit of a sook last night on 360. Time for a spell Kingy, take your bat and ball...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Mike Sheehan's working beautifully this year on Open Mike, asks Ireland about his friendship with Emperor McGuire - everyone expecting him to be an Eddie Apologist, then, BANG! Right behind Goodesey! Great stuff. Interesting with the handling of getting Buddy Billions only player given the inside run was the skipper J Mac. Would've been a bit tough to keep that one under the radar.

Irish's seen a lot in his time and geez you'd be hard pressed not to be wanting to sign up for the Swans in 2017 ;)

I don't think I would've been the only one who agreed with him when he said 'Ed's been good for Collingwood, but not so good for the national comp'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

I see Boomer's #1 supporter had a bit of a sook last night on 360. Time for a spell Kingy, take your bat and ball...

I was stunned when he said "Spud Firrito would be in Norths top 10 of all time". <deleted>!

I can think of about 20 better than him just off the top of my head. I don't reckon he would've got a game for

a lot of other clubs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I was stunned when he said "Spud Firrito would be in Norths top 10 of all time". <deleted>!

I can think of about 20 better than him just off the top of my head. I don't reckon he would've got a game for

a lot of other clubs.

Wayne Carey with a propaganda piece in Fairfax media
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/north-melbourne-kangaroos/wayne-carey-north-melbourne-kangaroos-need-to-be-even-more-ruthless-20160824-gr0ki3.html

• Like 1