Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Ms. Lambert selflessly gave up her time and space to the GWS team

Whitfield has said he was suffering from a migraine and it was common for players to stay at Lambert's house rather than stay alone.

Yeah poor kid...

These guy should have learnt from the Talia boys investiagation...Losing your phones in Bali is the only way to really delete the messages

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BookMan said:

GWS and Lachie Whitfield quickly spiralling out of control..distraction for finals

The long-standing AFL career and reputation of Graeme Allan hangs in the balance amid allegations that the former Giants football boss deleted text messages concerning an attempt to protect the club's former No.1 draft pick Lachie Whitfield from drug-testers.

Allan, Whitfield and the club's then welfare manager Craig Lambert face bans of between two and four years should the  evidence against them be proven.

The AFL, which has known about the allegations for almost 15 months, will now hand details of its lengthy investigation to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

The text messages allegedly deleted by Allan would have been part of evidence in the case that  Whitfield's former girlfriend contacted the club and later submitted evidence that the player was helped by club officials following drug concerns. Lambert is also alleged to have deleted text messages.

Whitfield's then girlfriend was initially motivated by concerns for his health and welfare. Whitfield, who is expected to line up for Greater Western Sydney in their historic first final at ANZ Stadium on September 10, is alleged to have turned to the two club officials amid concerns that he risked being found guilty of testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance after taking illicit drugs.

Allan, as revealed on Monday by Fairfax Media, organised for the player to spend a short period of time at the home of Lambert and away from the club in May 2015. The player did not alert the relevant anti-doping authorities and was reportedly not advised to do so. 

The AFL's integrity unit has significantly widened its investigation beyond the telephone evidence submitted by Whitfield's former girlfriend.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/lachie-whitfield-case-graeme-allan-faces-allegations-texts-were-deleted-20160830-gr4xi1.html

Plausible deniability from the boss man here...

"The way our process works I didn't have any visibility with it. I was briefed yesterday and it's now known the guys will finish that in the coming days," McLachlan said.

"The report and investigation and what they've compiled will be handed over to ASADA for them to make a decision and I can't really say more than that."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-31/whitfield-investigation-incredibly-forensic-says-mclachlan

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Plausible deniability from the boss man here...

"The way our process works I didn't have any visibility with it. I was briefed yesterday and it's now known the guys will finish that in the coming days," McLachlan said.

"The report and investigation and what they've compiled will be handed over to ASADA for them to make a decision and I can't really say more than that."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-31/whitfield-investigation-incredibly-forensic-says-mclachlan

Once ago it used to be called a Lawyers Picnic.

Now it’s more like a Legal teams piggy snouts in the money trough.

IMHO they couldn’t give a rats about the object in query, they just ramp it up to extract the max money with high fees and questionable unnecessary investigations. 

Some rag makes a phone call out of “it’s all about meeee”

People on the ground dismiss it for what it is;

Men in $5000+ suits lick their lips and expand their empires;

Best advice I ever gave my daughter was to tell her that the fattest and smoothest gravy train in town was the commercial legal office.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear Paul Roos thoughts on the end of season bye.

I totally agree that the bye will be a disadvantage to a team from the 4 that wins and so gets another idle week.

This is the reason I have belief the Eagles may go all the way to the GF.

Reckon that WCE v Dogs is a fifty fifty. 

Just hope that the week off in the fine Spring  weather  of Perth doesn’t diminish the Eagles focus.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

To prove a point or not....if the finals tipping gets going i will tip the home side in every game and where  its neutral i will pick the team that finished above .........

The bye....silly really more tampering NFL do it i think meanwhile the premier league grinds you into a pulp, its not like AFL teams play 37 home and away game plus plus....while the NFL expanded from 16 games to not many more...so tiring they have to have a bye....

The Hatchet continues to swing today we vist Chooks abode, cortar (cut) from the list mainly freeloaders making up numbers on the list Luke Delaney (4 games) Tome Curren, Josh Saunders and Brenton Payne with zero between them, big man Jake the druggie Carlisle that everyone has forgotten and flying under everybody's radar rejoins in november from the 12 month doping ban.

Meanwhile Sam Fisher at 34 .....days are numbered at chookaloo land club leaving the defender in limbo the Saints looking to trade week before madam guillotine will do her work.....

Difamado (maligned) Natham Brown who i tipped was one of several facing Buckleys chainsaw is being eyed by no other than North Melbourne, yep you read right, he is a free agent anyway and a required player says the website, well they cant make up there minds at 4 & 20 can they....

Zach Merrett has become the youngest best and fairest winner ever at 20 years and 333 days, the Bombers obviously looking to put this season as far as possible behind them couldn't get the awards over and done with quick enough.....

And "La gran historia de hoy" (big story of today) is Tigers Ty Vickery has reportedly been offered a long term deal to join the Hawks, Cats and Crows keen on him too, yes well i think he could be anything, dropped twice and didn't make the team in the last fortnight a peed off Ty is tired of taking the blame for the Tigers woes according to the little big paper...he has apparently  adios his team mates earlier this week sin devoluciones ( with no returns)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joboss said:

Interesting to hear Paul Roos thoughts on the end of season bye.

I totally agree that the bye will be a disadvantage to a team from the 4 that wins and so gets another idle week.

This is the reason I have belief the Eagles may go all the way to the GF.

Reckon that WCE v Dogs is a fifty fifty. 

Just hope that the week off in the fine Spring  weather  of Perth doesn’t diminish the Eagles focus.

Biggest problem for the Eages will be playing the loser of hawks/Geelong at the G.

Was hoping to avoid that group and play the loser of Syd/Gws.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Really enjoyed this one.

Nice one WILL.......im pretty sure Roos first game was against us and he was best on the ground out at arctic park.....

And I'm in total agreement with him, LET THE COACHES DEVELOP THE GAME....hands of AFL.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The Hatchet continues to swing today we vist Chooks abode, cortar (cut) from the list mainly freeloaders making up numbers on the list Luke Delaney (4 games) Tome Curren, Josh Saunders and Brenton Payne with zero between them, big man Jake the druggie Carlisle that everyone has forgotten and flying under everybody's radar rejoins in november from the 12 month doping ban.

Meanwhile Sam Fisher at 34 .....days are numbered at chookaloo land club leaving the defender in limbo the Saints looking to trade week before madam guillotine will do her work.....

Difamado (maligned) Natham Brown who i tipped was one of several facing Buckleys chainsaw is being eyed by no other than North Melbourne, yep you read right, he is a free agent anyway and a required player says the website, well they cant make up there minds at 4 & 20 can they....

Zach Merrett has become the youngest best and fairest winner ever at 20 years and 333 days, the Bombers obviously looking to put this season as far as possible behind them couldn't get the awards over and done with quick enough.....

And "La gran historia de hoy" (big story of today) is Tigers Ty Vickery has reportedly been offered a long term deal to join the Hawks, Cats and Crows keen on him too, yes well i think he could be anything, dropped twice and didn't make the team in the last fortnight a peed off Ty is tired of taking the blame for the Tigers woes according to the little big paper...he has apparently  adios his team mates earlier this week sin devoluciones ( with no returns)

I think you have your stats wrong, Delaney played 37 games for the saints and a total of 63 after crossing from North.  Saunders played 22 for 7 goals, Curren 25 for 9 goals. Payne never played after being drafted as a Rookie in last year's draft.  Sam fisher has been a great servant for the saints with 238 and an injury plagued last couple of years, he knows it's time to hang up the boots.  The saints are in the market for a key forward and a couple of backs this year.

Along with those mentioned above I would like to see the axe fall on Freeman, he is a broken race horse and should have been put down long ago as he will never play.  McCartin will never make it and is made of glass, breaks easily and has never played a full game in fact his entire 5 games would never amount to the full amount of 1 game.  Hence a key full on the saints shopping list this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

To prove a point or not....if the finals tipping gets going i will tip the home side in every game and where  its neutral i will pick the team that finished above .........

The bye....silly really more tampering NFL do it i think meanwhile the premier league grinds you into a pulp, its not like AFL teams play 37 home and away game plus plus....while the NFL expanded from 16 games to not many more...so tiring they have to have a bye....

What point will u be proving?

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

I think you have your stats wrong, Delaney played 37 games for the saints and a total of 63 after crossing from North.  Saunders played 22 for 7 goals, Curren 25 for 9 goals. Payne never played after being drafted as a Rookie in last year's draft.  Sam fisher has been a great servant for the saints with 238 and an injury plagued last couple of years, he knows it's time to hang up the boots.  The saints are in the market for a key forward and a couple of backs this year.

Along with those mentioned above I would like to see the axe fall on Freeman, he is a broken race horse and should have been put down long ago as he will never play.  McCartin will never make it and is made of glass, breaks easily and has never played a full game in fact his entire 5 games would never amount to the full amount of 1 game.  Hence a key full on the saints shopping list this year.

Jesse Hogan?

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

What point will u be proving?

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Biggest problem for the Eages will be playing the loser of hawks/Geelong at the G.

Was hoping to avoid that group and play the loser of Syd/Gws.

I was hoping Sydney would play anyone except GWS for the first final.  The GWS style of outside run and pace is not what Sydney likes...and is why that was our heaviest loss of teh season.
Just hope nerves get the better of GWS.

Sydney though have peaked perfectly this year!  Unlike last year when we had 3-4-5 top players in the finals , we have an almost full squad...if the youngsters can hold their nerves!!!

• Like 2

Just now, BookMan said:

Freo is definitely in the mix.

after they secure McCarthy and Rory Lobb from the Giants....

I would like to think the Eagles are in with a chance to get Lobb at least.

I don't know why anyone would want to go to a broken club like Fremantle where senior players are all looking for a way out. A place where the coach is obviously deeply unpopular, but entrenched.

• Like 2