Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Have it ur way honey but it's well known in nsw if ur not winning they go sailing beach surfing away for the weekend anywhere but watch you.... it's not about sponsorship $ it's about the total lack of interest from the public kid.... only in the die hard southern states including WA they stick with you through thick and thin.....if your not winning your not attracting future spectators, Hawks back before the Dees last flag had about 10 supporters after being the most successful club in the last 25 years there grown there supporter base to close to number 1.... if Sydney isn't winning no one will be seeing the advertising as is what's happing in Queensland kid there forgotten they have 2 AFL clubs up there .... plus the lions moved away from the goals coast for a very good reason so how bright are the suns and ur argument?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Come on old man...You have also been putting forward the argument that the AFL doesn't care about crowd figures all year..only TV deals...and now you are saying they need to attract spectators...

Lets look at it...Sydney has made finals 17/20 years...The club knows they need a winning culture to retain interest...and so they have done that
People still tune in to watch the game on TV, and that's where the dollars are driven... 

Sydney can easily support two AFL clubs...it will take a while for GWS to get support, but u need to think long term...getting into schools, having youngsters growing up out west with the sport...It is genius of the  AFL to have uch a prominent Women's League on the go...Imagine the young girls attracted to playing and watching Australian rules.

I also disagree about the two QLD teams... The AFL needs more players and the area is chock full of sporty types and can produce many quality AFL players, that would otherwise go to League...or Union...Or Soccer
The Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast area has massive development ongoing and its population growth projections are on a massive upwards trend...again...now is the time to get new clubs  bedded down in difficult markets. 

Brisbane is been atrociusly managed...Board in fighting, lack of vision, losing 5 first round draft picks in between...

The future isn't all about Melbourne or Victoria...There is a vast expanse outside the state

• Like 2

Now...Here are some actual membership figures...

In comparison with NRL clubs..

What we see is that even the new clubs of GWS and Gold Coast have good membership figures in comparison with the NRL clubs

The NRL club membership figures are confused so i have shown two tables...However u take it the AFL membership figures for the new clubs stack up more than favourably against some of the established NRL clubs..

The point here is...this demonstrates support from the public
In fact ..the two new AFL clubs compare with some of the most established NRL clubs in Manly, Roosters, Newcastle (league heartland), Cronulla (just won the Grand Final)

Cr.aparse Brisbane beats nearly all teh NRL clubs, with 23,000 members...and thats with an 8% loss of members last year...

Members AFL.PNG

Members NRL.PNG

Members NRL2.PNG

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

These days the sharks in Melbourne are doing their selfish, small minded best to keep everything related to this Australian game in their crappy little State!

(Looking at that picture, I think the game was actually invented by Afghan camel herders)

"1884 poster showing star VFA footballers of the day. The central portrait of Coulthard is surrounded by two players from each club, all contained in an oval football. "

Just wonder if they played in the caps.  I like the Essendon stripes.  

Forget the afl version of members the reality is you can buy a 3 game package and your concidered a member, if I blow my nose I'm a dee member, one club to many up north in each state.

When the Swans stumbled after the good doctor ran them they went backwards for years, I guess and I said it before the afl expect to be hand feeding a few clubs to make the comp look viable enough bikkies for all, size matters even though your TGF said it didn't books, it's like business you know spend to make more or Houdini... slight of hand it's all an illusion .....

Victoria is the garden gnome state old croc, you got a chip on your shoulder we very nice down here every one of us, we loved your millions you were happy to throw at us to join our comp we do appreciate it and we let you in cheap to just 4 million big ones thanks to the vic's smart dealings your licence is worth 4 times that now and you got a couple of cups from us too......
Do enjoy the sunshine over there and look at it as s cup half full rather than a half empty premiership cup...

Ps no comment from the members when I pointed out before the grand final when I proved the point good teams win on the road. No such thing as home ground advantage in the finals.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Ps no comment from the members when I pointed out before the grand final when I proved the point good teams win on the road. No such thing as home ground advantage in the finals.....

eh??  Doggies just proved there is home ground advantage for a GF...  

The AFL locked in the MCG on a 300 year contract  for ONE main reason... They knew that there were rumblings of discontent coming about the GF being held in Melbourne every year..so what did they do?  They signed a long term contract to keep the GF there...

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Forget the afl version of members the reality is you can buy a 3 game package and your concidered a member, if I blow my nose I'm a dee member, one club to many up north in each state.

When the Swans stumbled after the good doctor ran them they went backwards for years, I guess and I said it before the afl expect to be hand feeding a few clubs to make the comp look viable enough bikkies for all, size matters even though your TGF said it didn't books, it's like business you know spend to make more or Houdini... slight of hand it's all an illusion .....

he he he he he...

I love it when u backtrack on everything u have been saying just to keep stirring up a point...

• Like 1

Baaaaaa.......easy to read things into things......The best team would have won on the moon, your insecure WiLL if your only ever confident of winning when its at home, in time when the population of Australia is somewhat larger it will come to pass the G will  be history its all part of the evolution of the game and in principle i agree that the Gf should be played on neutral territory as when the VFL had control of Arctic park...some finals were played there as yet were not rich enough to have a 300 million dollar structure sit there for half a dozen games a year....

Meanwhile Murphy hands back the medal.....

Brisie is busy....Frost heading north along with Dunn...2 workman like contributors in the backline...

Suns are going to make them pay....not in the bag O'Meara and Prestia and so they should, make them bleed i say there wanted players who want out....

And lastly i dont back track i shift it around its your comprehension that needs little work there fella.....enjoy your sunny day as its going to be 25 in Melbourne today the garden gnome city finally some sunshine....im going to go paint the front door in Demon red......

21 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Baaaaaa.......easy to read things into things......The best team would have won on the moon, your insecure WiLL if your only ever confident of winning when its at home, in time when the population of Australia is somewhat larger it will come to pass the G will  be history its all part of the evolution of the game and in principle i agree that the Gf should be played on neutral territory as when the VFL had control of Arctic park...some finals were played there as yet were not rich enough to have a 300 million dollar structure sit there for half a dozen games a year....

Meanwhile Murphy hands back the medal.....

Brisie is busy....Frost heading north along with Dunn...2 workman like contributors in the backline...

Suns are going to make them pay....not in the bag O'Meara and Prestia and so they should, make them bleed i say there wanted players who want out....

And lastly i dont back track i shift it around its your comprehension that needs little work there fella.....enjoy your sunny day as its going to be 25 in Melbourne today the garden gnome city finally some sunshine....im going to go paint the front door in Demon red......

Not insecure at all, just stating the obvious I think.

Most, if not all teams play better at their home venue.

Hand on heart AlexRRR, say Melbourne make the finals next year.

Would you rather play West Coast in a final at the MCG or in Perth?

Why play the GF on neutral territory if there is no home ground advantage?

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Sudjai Cook (27 June 1976) is the first and only Thai-born footballer to play AFL, with seven games and two goals for Adelaide Crows in 1998.   He also played for Norwood and Glenelg in the SAFL.

1-sudjai-cook.jpg

The young lad was abandoned by his Ubon mother in hospital, and he moved to Australia with his adoptive parents when he was ten weeks old.   He is now a smokie with the South Australian Metro Fire Service, and he also dabbles in film production.

Check this hanger that Sudjai grabbed in 1999.   Sud yot!!! (superb!!!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Not insecure at all, just stating the obvious I think.

Most, if not all teams play better at their home venue.

Why play the GF on neutral territory if there is no home ground advantage?

Mr Will..im left of centre in my ideas as I've said good teams win anywhere, my thoughts would be if we couldnt beat the Eagles in Perth in a final then were not obviously good enough to go all the way...pretty simple maths really...

With players coming from all over the place and moving clubs and teams playing interstate often there is familiarity with where your going to be playing, the way AFL grounds are built it takes some or even a lot of the crowd out of it compared to other codes that play on small grounds..

We could debate this forever and a day and many here see it like you me on the other hand dont fear playing away, if your going to be any good you just got to get it done week in week out no matter where it is...as the chart i drew up prior to the GF the away team were very successful during the finals this season....

Almost forgot....Neutral territory for the GF...some leagues have this....others draw straws so to speak allocating grounds for finals in advance, I'm not against any of the above including home ground...but for the foreseeable future the way the place is run now other than Sydney no other city can host the biggest football day, the push to keep it in Melb will stay for a very long time partly because the game started here because of business and partly because only Sydney has the infrastructure to host it....

The state and Melb council etc have a say in all of this too...the MCG and its recent redevelopments hinged on a deal to keep the GF there, in time the land scape will change....me i prefer an allocated ground several years before to keep it all nice and fair  but not now, new grounds have been built or are being built...SA and WA, Brisbane needs a redevelopment after that there wont be much of an argument not to move it...

Again i stress i have nothing to fear if the Dee's are to play finals interstate thats how it is to be the best you just have to keep winning on the road as well as home..

Edited by AlexRRR
`

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Mr Will..im left of centre in my ideas as I've said good teams win anywhere, my thoughts would be if we couldnt beat the Eagles in Perth in a final then were not obviously good enough to go all the way...pretty simple maths really...

With players coming from all over the place and moving clubs and teams playing interstate often there is familiarity with where your going to be playing, the way AFL grounds are built it takes some or even a lot of the crowd out of it compared to other codes that play on small grounds..

We could debate this forever and a day and many here see it like you me on the other hand dont fear playing away, if your going to be any good you just got to get it done week in week out no matter where it is...as the chart i drew up prior to the GF the away team were very successful during the finals this season....

Yep, but given the choice, where would you rather play the game?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one mate:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Yep, but given the choice, where would you rather play the game?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one mate:thumbsup:

I really dont care....you have to win to go on finals footy is different to home and away its sudden death in most cases to be the best you just have to win....

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Lets not get into the realms of fantasy...

17 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

..but for the foreseeable future the way the place is run now other than Sydney no other city can host the biggest football day, the push to keep it in Melb will stay for a very long time partly because the game started here because of business and partly because only Sydney has the infrastructure to host it....

Finally...u agree that Sydney should host a GF as a home game...

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

Sudjai Cook (27 June 1976) is the first and only Thai-born footballer to play AFL, with seven games and two goals for Adelaide Crows in 1998.   He also played for Norwood and Glenelg in the SAFL.

1-sudjai-cook.jpg

The young lad was abandoned by his Ubon mother in hospital, and he moved to Australia with his adoptive parents when he was ten weeks old.   He is now a smokie with the South Australian Metro Fire Service, and he also dabbles in film production.

Check this hanger that Sudjai grabbed in 1999.   Sud yot!!! (superb!!!)

I guess Chooka Junior will have to settle for being the second Thai to be an AFL player...BUt he will be the first to 200 games

• Like 2

I'm needing some support from my fellow TV's members here.

Someone please tell me it's not true.

This is the only thing I'm hanging my hat on.

"Casley confirmed Petrie would have a holiday while in WA with wife Nicole and his two children Jack and Abby."

I'm hoping Drew is holidaying in WA and whilst there, is doing a medical.

Brady Rawlings has just been moved to List Manager.

If that's as good as he gets, were <deleted>!

Drew Petrie had medical test with West Coast Eagles

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/32819663/drew-petrie-had-medical-test-with-west-coast-eagles-in-bid-to-continue-afl-career/#page1

West Coast have tested Drew Petrie in Perth as they continue to explore recruiting the de-listed North Melbourne veteran in a playing role for next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I'm needing some support from my fellow TV's members here.

Someone please tell me it's not true.

This is the only thing I'm hanging my hat on.

"Casley confirmed Petrie would have a holiday while in WA with wife Nicole and his two children Jack and Abby."

I'm hoping Drew is holidaying in WA and whilst there, is doing a medical.

Brady Rawlings has just been moved to List Manager.

If that's as good as he gets, were <deleted>!

Drew Petrie had medical test with West Coast Eagles

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/32819663/drew-petrie-had-medical-test-with-west-coast-eagles-in-bid-to-continue-afl-career/#page1

West Coast have tested Drew Petrie in Perth as they continue to explore recruiting the de-listed North Melbourne veteran in a playing role for next season.

I can confirm 100% that West Coast Drew is looking to be the new Gun in Town...

Chimpy took the trip to Perth with West Coast Drew and reckons if he passes the fitness test he will slipping on a jersey and practising the Weagles team song

• Like 1

Big news coming in from the sois of Bondi is that Mighty Mouse has decided to hang up the boots! Tom - who the <deleted> was he - Derickx has also decided to retire..

Only other change was a rookie by the name of Kyle Galloway being delisted...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Big news coming in from the sois of Bondi is that Mighty Mouse has decided to hang up the boots! Tom - who the <deleted> was he - Derickx has also decided to retire..

Only other change was a rookie by the name of Kyle Galloway being delisted...

Derickx gone!  Great news...and Benny also..his time was finished...That's some more space under the cap..

Can we send Sinclair back to West Coast?  They dont have any ruckmen now..

Jetta
West Coast Drew
Callum Stinklair

What a trio!!!

Holiday in WA.?   Just for a couple of seasons, ease into retirement.

Run out on the field occasionally, attend some functions, do some surfing and walk the dog most afternoons.

Kids, Jack and Abby can join a surf club.

North Cottesloe Surf Club colours are blue and white vertical stripes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BookMan said:

I can confirm 100% that West Coast Drew is looking to be the new Gun in Town...

Chimpy took the trip to Perth with West Coast Drew and reckons if he passes the fitness test he will slipping on a jersey and practising the Weagles team song

Thanks for the support BookMan:rolleyes:

Seriously, someone tell me what he brings to the table?

He's not even a ruckman.

Couldnt get a kick for Norf in the last part of the year.

If he wasn't retiring, he would've been dropped in the last game for Waite.

fark me gently!

• Like 2

I don't mind The Sounding Board podcasts.

Hutchy comes across a lot better on the radio than TV methinks.

Interesting to hear Barrett's take on getting rescued by Vossy when Leppitch wanted to belt him.

Also briefly mentions the skirmish Barrett had with Beveridge (apparently Bevo grabbed him by the throat) at the Brownlow

and that Brad Scott was after him as well:P

https://omny.fm/shows/the-sounding-board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thanks for the support BookMan:rolleyes:

Seriously, someone tell me what he brings to the table?

He's not even a ruckman.

Couldnt get a kick for Norf in the last part of the year.

If he wasn't retiring, he would've been dropped in the last game for Waite.

fark me gently!

Jetta last year...
Now the big GUN Drew...
Failed chase for Hulk Hogan..

Maybe West Coast are looking for some East Coast razzamatazz to pack in the fans?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Word coming in from soi Down Under...

Schuey picks up the WCE B&F, Danger's clearly the only player at Geelong and Sydney's Josh Kennedy picked up the Punching Above his Weight medal for the God knows how many'th time... Sorry.. Sorry, that should have been the Swans B&F..

And some bloke named Bontempelli won the Dogs B&F, but Peter Gordon wasn't entirely sure and he's sought clarification on whether or not he can award it to Bob Murphy, because it would be the right thing to do...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:.... classic stuff GS

If i was a member of that Doggies wining team id be asking Why the F.ar.k is Bob holding up my Cup on the Dias on GF day...

and why the double F.a.r.kk is Bob holding the cup coming back to the rooms....
and why the triple f.ar.k is Bob....

Show some class Bob...Let the guys who actually won the bloody thing have their moment in the sun...

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joboss said:

Razzamatazz Show Tour - Australia. Live show - magic, clowning, juggling, balancing, puppetry, acrobatics & exceptional comedy routines.

Chimpy tells me that Khunwill was a child prodigy tap dancer

• Like 1