Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Just below that was this from the very very excitable JinJinswing. As his Avatar shows, he really was a pussy at times.

JinJinhighlights.PNG

Sounds like Alex and JinJinswing are two peas in the same pod.....:)

Well, they have their demons.

• Like 2

I was sitting three rows back thirty metres away from that patch, where dean wallis telegraphed to Fraser Brown, told the world, he was going to run around Brown and be a hero. 90 seconds or so to go. It is still in slow motion. 

The two slowest players on the field and wallis was 36th fastest. "BALL'. Blues win. THe horror/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

This is ugly.

He'll be saying someone hacked his facebook account next.

Shane Yarran's Facebook account says Fremantle has drug problem and Nat Fyfe is hated - reports

My my wasn't someone angry at being forced to retire......with the intelligence of a flea it will be taken for what it is....kid you should come to me if you want to get it out there and noticed.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, optad said:

I like your ex GF Alex. Shoulda kept her!

Love how you snuck the 99 prelim in that recount on 2017 membership numbers. I won't forget it!! 

I use to like her too.....she was a ummm rather difficult woman to say the least but a lot of fun....she was a good sport use to come to Dee games we were a pretty good team in those days, i wont forget that prelim either as i got my dinner at 9.30....

I went to a couple of Bomber games in-between our break ups.....one was WCE at the G, forget the results now rather taken back how the umps were leaning towards the red and black...i managed to keep my mouth shut....BUT when we went to a Collingwood Ess game i could not contain myself you guys got everything including the kitchen sink.....by half time i couldnt take the injustice anymore....dark cold stare was forthcoming i was expected to at least stay neutral....was a delight 10 goal last quarter effort from the Pies rolled the Bombers even with 20 players on the ground this managed to silence me but the damaged had been done in the 3rd...no sex for me that night....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

This is ugly.

He'll be saying someone hacked his facebook account next.

Shane Yarran's Facebook account says Fremantle has drug problem and Nat Fyfe is hated - reports

View image on Twitter

We dont get to see too many good rants like those enough.

Good news for Freo is they wont have t worry about Fyfe from 2018 when he has left the club

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

4...WOW...Tigers, even with funny training sessions there keeping the faith, very big drop from last season as can be expected....though seemed to get a couple of good mids only trouble they dont have anyone to kick it too...

Havent you heard?  They are moving their best Mid in Dusty forward to kick 15 or 20 for the season...The other mids were brought in to replace him in the midfield

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

12..The Dee's...also slightly down, the Gary Lyon scandal hasn't helped, bit like Wayne at North cant take your eyes of your mrs.. hence the reason numbers are slightly down...We hear its not going to be a good snow season up there on the Vic alps there fore MCG members along with Dee members should rise accordingly ....

Wayne did his time before he was palatable again, mind you he cut more than the odd lunch along way. Not sure I can stomach Lyin’  2017. There was some talk he and James Hird would do a radio programme together till they realised people were just having too much fun at this type of public rehab.

Pariahs, both of them. They should do the programme just for the reaction.  That’s one of the consequences letting things linger, perceptions get rusted on that’s it.

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I use to like her too.....she was a ummm rather difficult woman to say the least but a lot of fun....she was a good sport use to come to Dee games we were a pretty good team in those days, i wont forget that prelim either as i got my dinner at 9.30....

I went to a couple of Bomber games in-between our break ups.....one was WCE at the G, forget the results now rather taken back how the umps were leaning towards the red and black...i managed to keep my mouth shut....BUT when we went to a Collingwood Ess game i could not contain myself you guys got everything including the kitchen sink.....by half time i couldnt take the injustice anymore....dark cold stare was forthcoming i was expected to at least stay neutral....was a delight 10 goal last quarter effort from the Pies rolled the Bombers even with 20 players on the ground this managed to silence me but the damaged had been done in the 3rd...no sex for me that night....

Love your work Alex, and I sense you are a more of lover, and a gourmand than a fighter and a hotdog in the thermos type. I like hearing the personal stuff of time past in the course of other things. Lovely reflecting on those dalliances that have been too, no? Better when you can only remember the good stuff. I doubt your ‘shelia’ really thought you were able to stay neutral when there was an opportunity to stir the pot a bit. You can’t have changed that much. Theatre remember. Part of the congress, methinks.

Anyhow, I do recall Collingwood seemingly having, pardon, the wood on us during those times regularly. 1990 is awful too but more for the lousy grand final and the post Darren Millane hangover. Hate to say it but the pies deserved that one.

But given shiela did hang tough with you, for all those years, trials over tribulations, I post this youtube in your stout ex sheila’s honour, God love her. You better send her an sms this Xmas, Alex!

1992 Anzac day Melb v Ess, [and I apologise to the forum generally]. It was an ‘okay’ game, bias not withstanding till three quarter time. I was with Mick Quinn, an old mate and his stoic, solicitor father who had dug me out more than one jam. That bloke used to own the Lincoln Hotel near Queensberry if anyone recalls. Good pub, and he was a better publican and punter than a lawyer.  Both were died in the wool Melbournites like you mate. Ten minutes in mick says “I think you’re going to win this” still some 40 pts down. I thought of taking a leaf out of your book Alex and getting some mileage, but it was still too early in the game and more importantly I was still unsure if Laurie was going to charge his usual fees. Have a look in your babe’s memory although, I think you know the result. Stirring stuff, and Sheedy at his best. Ted Whitten doing the call.

Saw the 1993 grandfinal with Mick and Laurie too but they left at ¾ time. Melbourne supporters do that well. Anyhow this was the last non ess-coll anzac day game, I think.

Edited by optad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Havent you heard?  They are moving their best Mid in Dusty forward to kick 15 or 20 for the season...The other mids were brought in to replace him in the midfield

I read that too, since there half the team they use to be they will need Dusty across the half backline to drop it on the 2 new mids chest they got to replace him, then what will they do from seasons end? Hawks bound is Dusty.....

Fyth Filtth Filth what ever the human hair mop calls himself is Swans bound fella, one of the million dollar twins will bere thee fare well end of 2017 the talk is Woosha and Simpson if he's still got a job at the Eagles are dead keen on the ruck forward......

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

I read that too, since there half the team they use to be they will need Dusty across the half backline to drop it on the 2 new mids chest they got to replace him, then what will they do from seasons end? Hawks bound is Dusty.....

Fyth Filtth Filth what ever the human hair mop calls himself is Swans bound fella, one of the million dollar twins will bere thee fare well end of 2017 the talk is Woosha and Simpson if he's still got a job at the Eagles are dead keen on the ruck forward......

Word on the Soi is Fyfe's manager made an approach about interest in him at the Swans..

Swans gave a very quick 'No' response

Frankly, why would we want him??
We have future Bronwlow medalists in Mills and Heeney
Hannebery, Parker and Kennedy have all cannibalized their own Brownlows...
Aliir Aliir could be a Bronlow smokie dependent on the AFL's directives for Political correctness

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Word on the Soi is Fyfe's manager made an approach about interest in him at the Swans..

Aliir Aliir could be a Bronlow smokie dependent on the AFL's directives for Political correctness

I'm sure the Swans could find a spot for him BookMan.

Maybe on the bench.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, optad said:

Wayne did his time before he was palatable again, mind you he cut more than the odd lunch along way. Not sure I can stomach Lyin’  2017. There was some talk he and James Hird would do a radio programme together till they realised people were just having too much fun at this type of public rehab.

Pariahs, both of them. They should do the programme just for the reaction.  That’s one of the consequences letting things linger, perceptions get rusted on that’s it.

I think its fair to say Wayne was living in la la land a long time, the chosen one was well protected from the long arms of CHOOKS....rape accusations etc....he was the John Nicholas of the 90 and 00....recall big John? the Blues were forever bailing him out of remand one time right before a big final and it could have been a GF, i recall several years after retiring as a coach the big electrical store may have been The Good Guys that he was manger of was ummm knocked over one night, of course some of us in the know had an inkling at the time about  a month later big John was charged with the deed and nobody has ever heard of him since....

Wayne lived a life that was bigger then Ben Hur, a walking god, in his eyes everything belonged to him, such is success when you have a small brain, it was a shame he beat up a few women along the path to "seeing the light" a reformed man now he deserves a chance, if it had of been WILL or BOOKs well they would have been done and dusted never to be seen or heard of again, but no he was probably the best ever player not as good as Ron of course, 2cd best ever, the public have forgiven... i am always enchanted by his smile when he's on the tellie its in the back of my mind...how do you feel kid? hasn't changed in years so I'm guessing he's at peace....

As for Gary...well the media did blow it out of proportion didn't they? i mean to say the woman he took up with was free....no strings attached....the only thing he did wrong was break that unwritten law that you dont screw ur mates ex....to be honest in this day and age i think that rule is a obsolete, in fairness to dinky die salt of the earth Brownless he should have said, "hey mate do you mind I'm into your ex", then Bill who seems silly would have said " sure gaz go for it...."

As for James "Toorak" Hird who destroyed the 24 ys Sheedy took to build a powerhouse club, it was all about keeping his god dam licence as a sports manger, it affects are far greater than the AFL its world wide, sure he can get around it but its not in golden boys mind to do that so bring down every one else as well, thats what every ones pissed off about...me i still scratch my head over the so called supplements charges but never the less if james was half a man once merda hit the fan he should have stepped down....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BookMan said:

You guys didn't need Franklin either.........did that stop the Swans paying 10 million?

• Like 1

Ahhh you dont have to remind me of the dark days kid....Chooks and i are brothers there, even Farmer jo until the good dentist took over and only 12 teams in the comp in those days.....

I seen one shit game where we were 10 goals up 10 min in the 3rd q against ur team and got done like a dinner, few years later it  was North same deal....

Record score kicked against us was there at arctic park.....same in a GF....

When we win now I'm the loudest, and i will rub it in, I've done my apprenticeship..... going to every game in 1984 were we won just 1 game...and that was a fluke.....

As for the ex GF....i can say that love is not enough to maintain a relationship, she was easily the worst gf I've ever had the misfortune to spend time with....what ever you do dont start me on her....since those days i cut quickly and cleanly at the first sign or merda.....i mean to say i have politely encouraged the last 2 TGS to leave my home....the last one thought i was so cold she couldnt leave fast enough.....the previous one was still rather young and inexperienced but she did get the message took 3 weeks for her to go and all was still normal in the bed room until she moved out....so i am charming when i want to be....

4 hours ago, BookMan said:

of course we needed him...he has never played better than he has for Sydney... 2 Grand finals for us already...
This year Sam Reid might be back... we have spent 7 years developing him to be able to kick and mark, so he should be about ready to play a few gaames....Up forward with Buddy and otehrs, Swans are GF bound once more....

Look at monies being given for other muppets now and Sydney got a bargain with Buddy

You joke of course....ha...............ha.............ha...............ha...........he was the best AFL player on the planet long before he got to Sydney,  was he worth 10 plus million....debatable, the measure would be did he add anything to the Swans? i dont think he did thats not to say he isn't valuable to your club and the reason i say that is what he did add you already had it, if anything it may have impaired someone else, to get real value from him that other million dollar fella should have gone...no flags to date so its proving to be an expensive signing.....

To fit Franklin in changes were made which i think were detrimental  to the group over all, in other words Longmire and co were just besides themselves with greed to get him he hasn't come cheap and he really hasn't added anything to what you already had, your one rock star top heavy and  its keeping you down...

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

You joke of course....ha...............ha.............ha...............ha...........he was the best AFL player on the planet long before he got to Sydney,  was he worth 10 plus million....debatable, the measure would be did he add anything to the Swans? i dont think he did thats not to say he isn't valuable to your club and the reason i say that is what he did add you already had it, if anything it may have impaired someone else, to get real value from him that other million dollar fella should have gone...no flags to date so its proving to be an expensive signing.....

To fit Franklin in changes were made which i think were detrimental  to the group over all, in other words Longmire and co were just besides themselves with greed to get him he hasn't come cheap and he really hasn't added anything to what you already had, your one rock star top heavy and  its keeping you down...

Franklin has been great for the team...

Two GRAND FINALS alex!   TWO!  That has paid for itself already and is worth every penny. The other finals series when we had 6 of our best out with injuries we were a kick away from beating Freo and into the GF

Leading goal scorer etc...

The first GF he was the Swans best player on ground  He has a huge work output.

The Swans problem for a long long time has been a decent forward line.  It has been a cobbled together forward line relying to much on any one player and then trying to find a payer to fit a forward role.  I mean, we were playing Heeney forward for 2 years, a player who is undoubtedly going to win a Brownlow in the midfield.  Xavier Richards for 12 games forward, a reserves player in the back line. 

Tippet was a signing we made before we had Buddy and he has been good in the ruck and not so good up forward.  Personally i don't think he is worth his dollars..but then  again, did I mention TWO GRAND FINALS in that time.

Now, you mention to fit Buddy in, changes were made detrimental to the group?  I haven't seen any changes resulting from that.
We lost Membrey to St Kilda, because we played Goodes a year too long, and that was a replacement position for Membrey.
Tommy Mitchell was our 4th best mid...and after Heeney and Mills coming through our 6th best mid.  We wouldn't have offered him much more anyway.

Now i shoudl add...Buddy also shows leadership qualities on field and around the club...PLus he gives his all and doesnt let his status affect others around him.
Look at Ablett at the Gold Coast and fyfe at Freo....Two extraordinary players who are possibly detrimental to a team

Edited by BookMan

5 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Franklin has been great for the team...

Two GRAND FINALS alex!   TWO!  That has paid for itself already and is worth every penny. The other finals series when we had 6 of our best out with injuries we were a kick away from beating Freo and into the GF

Leading goal scorer etc...

The first GF he was the Swans best player on ground  He has a huge work output.

The Swans problem for a long long time has been a decent forward line.  It has been a cobbled together forward line relying to much on any one player and then trying to find a payer to fit a forward role.  I mean, we were playing Heeney forward for 2 years, a player who is undoubtedly going to win a Brownlow in the midfield.  Xavier Richards for 12 games forward, a reserves player in the back line. 

Tippet was a signing we made before we had Buddy and he has been good in the ruck and not so good up forward.  Personally i don't think he is worth his dollars..but then  again, did I mention TWO GRAND FINALS in that time.

Now, you mention to fit Buddy in, changes were made detrimental to the group?  I haven't seen any changes resulting from that.
We lost Membrey to St Kilda, because we played Goodes a year too long, and that was a replacement position for Membrey.
Tommy Mitchell was our 4th best mid...and after Heeney and Mills coming through our 6th best mid.  We wouldn't have offered him much more anyway.

You dont get it......Franklin coming upset team balance, Tippet is the same mould just not as good...your one rock star to heavy its cost you big time...the team balance is wrong.....all wrong....you wont win a flag with both of them in the line up...

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

You dont get it......Franklin coming upset team balance, Tippet is the same mould just not as good...your one rock star to heavy its cost you big time...the team balance is wrong.....all wrong....you wont win a flag with both of them in the line up...

WHat!!????????????

Did I mention TWO GRAND FINALS already??

He hasn't upset anything....only added to it.  Tippet has slotted in the ruck and can drift forward....Tippet, Buddy, Reid forward...potent stuff

This really is comedy Gold for Christmas from you Alex... Comedy Gold!